Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Sample Character Archive REDUX, Karmagen and SR4A
Tyro
post Aug 22 2010, 07:54 AM
Post #1

Shooting Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,558

The old character archive used BPgen, which I hate, and originated before the Anniversary Edition. Once more with feeling, people!

Please feel free to suggest improvements to my (or others') builds. I'll repost the final versions up front. If for some reason I fail to post or update your build, send me a PM.

Build should be one of the following:

* 750 Karma with German errata.

* 600 Karma with German errata, max avail. 8, no restricted gear, max natural attributes 5 + racial modifiers, max skill 3 with two 4's or one 5, max base starting cash 150k (no born rich, in debt allowed but gives no points), max magic 4, max edge 4/5 for humans, max Connection rating for contacts of 3 (the low power option)

I don't want you to worry about equivalent power levels. In fact, I want a good spread - show people different approaches to building characters, including the use of house rules. Just don't get too cheesy, and document any deviations from RAW as it's commonly understood.

State any special rules you used when building (for example, I use SR3 availability modifiers for 'wares - you can start with Beta, but Alpha is +2 availability, Beta +4, and Delta +10; remember that delta clinics have an Availability of 24).

Instead of just updating old archetypes, I'd like to start fresh. Here's one of my personal favorites:

The Rigger Samurai (Credit to Tyro):

"Say hello to my little friends."

"Bogeys at five o'clock, 150 meters and closing fast. Intercepting."

"Target identified. Engaging now."

[ Spoiler ]

The Face (Credit to Glyph):

"I can help you with that. I know someone who knows someone."

"Come on. There's no need for this hostility. I'm sure we can come to a working arrangement that everyone will be happy with."

"He was lying to us. Yeah, I know. Biiig surprise."

[ Spoiler ]

The Cybered Thug (Credit to Glyph) [600 Karma]:

"You're on my turf, here. Best watch the attitude, before it gets you ganked."

"Yeah, I can lean on the punk for you. He'll be begging to pay you back once I'm done with him."

"Hey, I'm not just some street punk. I got connections around here. I know the players. I AM a player."

[ Spoiler ]
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tyro
post Aug 22 2010, 07:54 AM
Post #2

Shooting Target

[Reserved]

+Quote Post
Tyro
post Aug 22 2010, 07:55 AM
Post #3

Shooting Target

[Reserved]

+Quote Post
Tyro
post Aug 22 2010, 07:55 AM
Post #4

Shooting Target

[Reserved]

+Quote Post
Glyph
post Aug 24 2010, 01:40 AM
Post #5

Great Dragon

Member No.: 1,449

So did you want characters created with RAW karmagen, or karmagen adjusted for the German errata (metatype cost in karma points, and SR4A costs for buying/improving Attributes)?

+Quote Post
Mäx
post Aug 24 2010, 12:24 PM
Post #6

Prime Runner

Member No.: 15,628

QUOTE (Glyph @ Aug 24 2010, 03:40 AM) *
So did you want characters created with RAW karmagen, or karmagen adjusted for the German errata (metatype cost in karma points, and SR4A costs for buying/improving Attributes)?

Probaply the latter, as he mentioned SR4A and it doesn't affect RAW karmagen in anyway.
Actually someone reported in an other topic that the latest printing of the English RC has the errata.

+Quote Post
WyldKnight
post Aug 25 2010, 09:50 PM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,140

What happened to the old sample character thread?

+Quote Post
Mooncrow
post Aug 25 2010, 09:51 PM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,843

QUOTE (WyldKnight @ Aug 25 2010, 04:50 PM) *
What happened to the old sample character thread?

It's here

+Quote Post
WyldKnight
post Aug 26 2010, 12:55 AM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,140

What the deuce? I don't see it anywhere on in the community page. How did I miss that? I still don't see it except for that link.

+Quote Post
Mooncrow
post Aug 26 2010, 01:09 AM
Post #10

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,843

QUOTE (WyldKnight @ Aug 25 2010, 08:55 PM) *
What the deuce? I don't see it anywhere on in the community page. How did I miss that? I still don't see it except for that link.

If you have the standard forum settings, it's near the top of the third page. Make sure you have it set to show threads older than 30 days as well.

+Quote Post
Glyph
post Sep 7 2010, 12:17 AM
Post #11

Great Dragon

Okay, I'll start out.

The Face

"I can help you with that. I know someone who knows someone."

"Come on. There's no need for this hostility. I'm sure we can come to a working arrangement that everyone will be happy with."

"He was lying to us. Yeah, I know. Biiig surprise."

[ Spoiler ]

The most successful runners know how important it is to have someone personable and non-threatening to represent the team for delicate negotiations. The face is a social chameleon who can blend in anywhere. Digging for information, bartering for favors, and soothing ruffled egos, the face helps his team negotiate the treacherous terraign of the shadows. When intrigue, double-dealing, and betrayal lurk at every turn, it's good to have the face on your side.

DESIGNER NOTES:
This is a face who is more concerned about blending in, so I didn't take things like glamour (very distinctive), or tailored pheromones (illegal 'ware). This is a traditional face, combining social skills with lots of languages, the ability to disguise himself, high perception, decent data search ability, and an extensive network of contacts.

+Quote Post
Tyro
post Sep 11 2010, 05:33 AM
Post #12

Shooting Target

Sorry I've been absent; I've had a lot going on at home. I'll start updating the OP's now.

[Edit:] Done. Added my Rigger Sam and Glyph's Face.

[Edit 2:] I don't mind building characters myself - it's actually a major hobby of mine. Any interesting concepts you'd like to see fleshed out into characters? I'd like to see good Matrix builds (as the Matrix isn't my thing). Also, I'm opening this up to low-power (600 Karma) character concepts as well. Details in the OP.

+Quote Post
Glyph
post Oct 3 2010, 11:09 PM
Post #13

Great Dragon

The Cybered Thug

"You're on my turf, here. Best watch the attitude, before it gets you ganked."

"Yeah, I can lean on the punk for you. He'll be begging to pay you back once I'm done with him."

"Hey, I'm not just some street punk. I got connections around here. I know the players. I AM a player."

[ Spoiler ]

These days, it seems like all of the company men, underworld enforcers, and upper-echelon runners are turning more and more to bioware and genetic augmentation for that all-important edge. But cyberware is still out there. In fact, it is more common than ever on the mean streets of Seattle. As implants have become cheaper, more and more street punks are sporting 'ware that, 20 years ago, you would only see on a street samurai.

The cybered thug is one of those chromed street punks. You can tell by his bling, by his swagger, and by the obvious augmentations that he wears as a badge of pride. He may not be at the level of the tweaked-out vatjobs working for the megas and the syndicates, but he is still tougher than you would expect a greasy street punk to be. Don't underestimate him.

DESIGNER NOTES:
This character demonstrates just how cheap and available cyberware is now. The shadowtalk in Augmentation talks about cyberware being increasingly common among gangers and other lowlifes, so I made this character to show that. He is similar to the sprawl ganger archetype in the book, in that he is a big fish in a small pond, looking for ways to move up the food chain.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:36 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.