Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Capsule rounds for the win, Somethink i noticed in GC
Mäx
post Aug 24 2010, 09:15 AM
Post #1

Prime Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,628

The shapeshifter thread go me to read Ghost Cartels again and i was reminded about this little tidbit from Graciela Riveroses stat line
QUOTE (GC page 57)
the clip is loaded with capsulen rounds, alternating between dopadrine mixed with DMSO, ekyelebenle
venom, and a rating 6 acid (10 of each), compounds do damage separately]

That last part makes capsule rounds pretty damm good, one 3 round burst should take out most targets.

Do you people treat a mixed clip of capsule rounds like that, if not how then or do you just dissallow mixed magazines?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Wasabi
post Aug 24 2010, 10:27 AM
Post #2

Running Target

Member No.: 6,651

I allow alternating but not mixing within the same attack. I houserule that on a given attack whichever is the predominant compound/toxin/drug is what counts for a given attack. If mixed in even quantities I randomize it.

I do allow power level to stage per Missions rules in my home game. So 3 bullets with a given toxin would be at +2 power level to the toxin.

I dont allow acid unless its in a glass container. Explosions like a smallarms cartridge going off would shatter glass in my game.

Note for those that are unaware (which isnt the OP of course!) that with DMSO a huge host of possibilities are out there since it makes injection/ingested vectors become contact vector.

Also of note is the secondary explosion rules. While only Ex-Ex ammo and such cause damage on a secondary explosion if someone has a clip of Ringu and gets hit by a fireball they had better hope their ammo doesnt cook off. The gooey mess can kill a fella!

+Quote Post
Yerameyahu
post Aug 24 2010, 12:45 PM
Post #3

Advocatus Diaboli

Member No.: 14,282

Capsule rounds with drugs/chem, *plus* DMSO if necessary, are so expensive that I say more power to you if you want to start firing bursts of the things. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) It's one full dose per shot, after all.

+Quote Post
TommyTwoToes
post Aug 24 2010, 02:23 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,454

QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Aug 24 2010, 08:45 AM) *
Capsule rounds with drugs/chem, *plus* DMSO if necessary, are so expensive that I say more power to you if you want to start firing bursts of the things. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) It's one full dose per shot, after all.

2 shots with K-10 and down they go (well in a couple of hours they are going down). Better run away right after taking those shots though.

+Quote Post
Yerameyahu
post Aug 24 2010, 02:36 PM
Post #5

Advocatus Diaboli

That's for sure! Use a sniper rifle. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) And that's my point: you just spent 2000¥ for that.

+Quote Post
Doc Chase
post Aug 24 2010, 02:39 PM
Post #6

Runner

Member No.: 18,688

QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Aug 24 2010, 03:36 PM) *
That's for sure! Use a sniper rifle. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) And that's my point: you just spent 2000¥ for that.

Yeah, but if you need to create a scandal for a public figure or invalidate someone's story as to why you abducted them, a long-range shot of drogas in the maximus could be a hell of a lot of fun.

+Quote Post
Lansdren
post Aug 24 2010, 03:45 PM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,848

Slab for the easy take down

I had a concept of a bounty hunter adept using a revolver and a mix of dmso/slab rounds plus stick and shock for quick take downs

SS for them to fall over and the dmso/slab into them to make them sleep

+Quote Post
sabs
post Aug 24 2010, 03:48 PM
Post #8

Prime Runner

Member No.: 18,649

I have a character who uses a silenced pistol with narcojet capsule rounds as his infiltration weapon of choice.

+Quote Post
Lansdren
post Aug 24 2010, 03:58 PM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,848

QUOTE (sabs @ Aug 24 2010, 04:48 PM) *
I have a character who uses a silenced pistol with narcojet capsule rounds as his infiltration weapon of choice.

I cant say i'm fond of Narco, it can be resisted which means odds are you need two shots to put someone down which overflows into physical quite a lot.

+Quote Post
sabs
post Aug 24 2010, 04:03 PM
Post #10

Prime Runner

I didn't see anything else that would work without being some weird thing.
I thought about slab, but damn slab is expensive per dose.

+Quote Post
Yerameyahu
post Aug 24 2010, 05:06 PM
Post #11

Advocatus Diaboli

Even narco (capsules or darts) is plenty expensive.

+Quote Post
Neraph
post Aug 24 2010, 05:11 PM
Post #12

Great Dragon

Member No.: 16,387

Speedballing Slab and Pixie Dust is the best I can think of for a nonlethal takedown that the target won't remember.

+Quote Post
Yerameyahu
post Aug 24 2010, 05:16 PM
Post #13

Advocatus Diaboli

Did we ever decide a reasonable speed for Slab? Next Combat Turn, was it? 'Instant' is a little silly.

+Quote Post
Neraph
post Aug 24 2010, 05:19 PM
Post #14

Great Dragon

QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Aug 24 2010, 12:16 PM) *
Did we ever decide a reasonable speed for Slab? Next Combat Turn, was it? 'Instant' is a little silly.

Next CT is a good one. I'd go with that one.

Also, the Power I run it at is 8 - if you don't reduce it to 0 you take full effect. You may want to run it at 10 though.

+Quote Post
naga-nuyen
post Aug 24 2010, 05:20 PM
Post #15

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,888

Grab the Chemical gland with cyanide! Milk yourself in your down time and you have immediate force 6 venom on injection. Also if you look up the compounds for white star the fall into the allowed substance.....though it is the call of the GM for the final ruling!

+Quote Post
Neraph
post Aug 24 2010, 05:23 PM
Post #16

Great Dragon

Nah, if you use a chemical gland, do it with Chimeric Creature's Cobra venom. That's like Power 12 right there.

EDIT: Yeah, Power 12 Physical damage, but 1 CT. It doesn't matter much at that point though - how many corpsec guards are ready and waiting for cobra bites?

+Quote Post
naga-nuyen
post Aug 24 2010, 05:38 PM
Post #17

Moving Target

Can you use the gland to produce awakened venom? That changes everything lol

+Quote Post
Jaid
post Aug 24 2010, 05:46 PM
Post #18

Great Dragon

Member No.: 7,813

hmmm... slab really doesn't seem like it would be specifically designed to be all that fast acting. 1 combat turn (3 seconds) seems plenty generous for a medical situation imo.

+Quote Post
KarmaInferno
post Aug 24 2010, 06:51 PM
Post #19

Old Man Jones

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 1,699

QUOTE (Wasabi @ Aug 24 2010, 06:27 AM) *
I dont allow acid unless its in a glass container. Explosions like a smallarms cartridge going off would shatter glass in my game.

I'd point out that there are, in fact, plastics that are safe to store acids in.

Heck, reasonably pure Sulfuric acid can even be stored in metal containers.

Ooh... many industrial manufacturers store acids in powder form. I wonder how well acid powder would work in a capsule round? They'd suddenly get all flooded with liquid when inside a body.

+Quote Post
Neraph
post Aug 24 2010, 06:53 PM
Post #20

Great Dragon

QUOTE (naga-nuyen @ Aug 24 2010, 11:38 AM) *
Can you use the gland to produce awakened venom? That changes everything lol

It's not Awakened - it's genetically modified.

+Quote Post
naga-nuyen
post Aug 24 2010, 07:20 PM
Post #21

Moving Target

K, i see using running wild genetic augmentation and cobra venom. Now for a player to get it for their chemical gland they would need to first get the chimeric cobra. Pricing that up now lol, thank you for the great idea!

Edit: it is about 700$ on today’s market for a Banded water cobra which ranks a .142 on the LD50 test (of the cobra the highest ranked is the Congo water cobra at .12...and he is ranked 10th) for today all you need is a license to keep the snake, and order it online...it ships delta! So starting character could get critter for 700 +400 fake license...will work up the gentic pricing now

Edit 2: Will modify original cobra price by the difference of what a Piranha cost today compared to what they cost in book. Today =75, in Book=250 which will be a multiplier of 3.333. So the cobra will cost about 2340 plus modifications

Last edit: Cost of a chermic Cobra with potent venom ability is 2340*3*.3 (for ability) =7,722$ keeping him around 12R. (12R gets you giant cat, dolphin, or mako shark....i am thinking that i would have an equal chance of getting an amped up snake compared to a mako!)

Question would you wave the dose the cost multiplier of the chemical gland due to having the venom sack of the snake? And what price would you put on cobra venom?

+Quote Post
Yerameyahu
post Aug 24 2010, 08:27 PM
Post #22

Advocatus Diaboli

A capsule round of powdered acid wouldn't do anything. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) They're not penetrating the clothing, let alone the skin.

+Quote Post
sabs
post Aug 24 2010, 08:32 PM
Post #23

Prime Runner

QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Aug 24 2010, 08:27 PM) *
A capsule round of powdered acid wouldn't do anything. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) They're not penetrating the clothing, let alone the skin.

What about Alternating rounds of acid and water capsules?

+Quote Post
Yerameyahu
post Aug 24 2010, 08:34 PM
Post #24

Advocatus Diaboli

Haha, I knew someone would say that. Maybe? I dunno. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) You'd have to hit the same 2cm spot at least twice in a row.

Personally, I'm happy to assume that pretty much *anything* can be safely loaded into capsule rounds; it's 2070.

+Quote Post
crash2029
post Aug 24 2010, 09:20 PM
Post #25

Moving Target

From: The seemingly unknown area of land between Seattle and Idaho.
Member No.: 9,910

Chemistry is fun isn't it? I have a few ideas for capsule round payloads.

DMSO + Zen- Why cuff the sec guys when they are laying there tripping?
DMSO + Bliss- Spread the Joy.
Elemental Sodium- Is it hot in here?
DMSO + Succinylcholine- Stop! Runner time.
Kerosine- Try to stay away from open flame...
Pepper Punch- Crowd Control.
DMSO + KE IV- We aint fraid a no bugs!
Adhesive- Eew! Sticky!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:13 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.