Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Adding a Delta clinic, Develop the campaign(s) needed to add the delta clinic
naga-nuyen
post Aug 26 2010, 06:52 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,888

Good day dumpshock, as returning shadowrun player and a new GM i have turned to this community to help get my feet wet. Now i would like to start to give back by making a project that i hope will contain contributions from this great community.

I will start with the Delta clinic, what i like to think of as the golden egg to a large percentage of runners. It will not only benefit your Augmented street samurai but will help your rigger, hacker, and the physical adept when he wants to add to his adept powers without expanding allot of Essence.

I know that this is a late addition to many a campaign, It is up to the individual GM to add it when they need it. How i like to run my games is have many little plot devices out there, in forms of letters, data chips (given on thumb drives to player), MSG sent over the phone for individual players to share as the feel to the rest of the group and what not. Then i let my players decide when and where they will follow up, and i decide how much info they are given to react on. Though i like this idea, it is not set in stone when we develop this.

With this in mind I want everyone to feel comfortable adding there own thoughts, both positive and negative to this thread. If we come up with enough information and interest maybe we can design a campaign in the same form as we see Ghost cartels, or On the Run, and the artifact series. For places where there is a diverging mind set we take a minor (maybe 24 hour) vote to settle any issue. Or we just create a large collection of contacts, NPC's, and general mission information where each GM may pull what they want and or need.

I will start by developing where and who sponsors this clinic. Though i plan allot of the material for Seattle i want this to challenge every level of runners out there. So i plan on multiple areas with which the party will need to travel, at least one installation that contains a zero zone defense system that the PC's will have to overcome, some matrix work for our hackers/ technomancers, and will add something for the magical active members as well...maybe the clinic will be co located with a lodge that has rare formula/foci.

Okay that is my plan; I will start by researching my material on Augmentations, corporations, and preview the fluff of different areas and add what i have found later today. Take care runners and i hope that this is a welcome thought to bring to these forums?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
naga-nuyen
post Aug 26 2010, 07:10 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

K, got this material from Augmentation page 27
Deltaware is still very much the province of closed corporate facilities and black clinics. I’d say there’s no more than six or seven of them in North America, and only a couple of those are indy operations.
> It goes without saying that not all the stuff that finds its way to black market streetdocs is production line rejects or goodies that fell off the back of a truck. Sometimes the corps arrange for select docs to field test prototypes and experimental stuff.
> The Smiling Bandit
> Both the Seattle and Los Angeles branches of Exec Body have been known to turn a blind eye to credentials and licenses for the right amount. Don’t know if the practice extends to their Asian affiliates. I also heard over the grapevine that Spin Shops and DocWagon clinics perform implantation for runners as bonuses for work done for their parent companies.
> Glitch

Will continue to add information as I find it.

+Quote Post
Johnny B. Good
post Aug 26 2010, 07:13 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,876

I'm reading up on my William Gibson, and it seems to me that Chiba is the place to go for top notch 'ware. All you have to do is know (and do a few favors for) the right people.

+Quote Post
naga-nuyen
post Aug 26 2010, 07:40 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Thanks for the heads up, this is what i got from one place in Chiba, this is from corporate enclaves page 88

Shiangiri, Inc. (Chiba)
If the entire world looks to Chiba as the standard for the state of the art, then Chiba looks to Fujimi-bou. It is, simply, the very finest metahuman augmentation facility I know of. Th ey never work with any implant less than delta-grade, and they are fully equipped with the latest nanocybernetic advances and extensive genetech facilities. Th e corporation is more open-minded than most, and it has multiple deals, partnerships, and projects with corporations like Universal Omnitech, NeoNET, and Zeiss; they are willing to trade their surgical expertise for the latest research.
Fujimi-bou is owned by a board of investors taken from the majority stockholders of multiple Japanacorps—especially Renraku, Evo, and Shiawase—that helps the clinic by providing access to the latest technology from multiple corporate R&D labs.
> Not to mention the unoffi cial agreement to leave the place alone. None of the big boys want to risk this particular prize in an intercorp contretemps, so they’ve agreed to play nice here. Not that there hasn’t been a little shadow-action now and again, but nothing major.
> Mr. Bonds
> Fujimi-bou is serious about maintaining its edge at any cost; they’ll steal people, personnel, and prototypes if they have to. They usually offer a discount or pay in kind, which is a great way to get that little bit of ‘ware you’ve had your eye on.
> Butch
> Of course, the serious question is: what are the limits? Can I go there for cyborgization or cybermancy?
> Hard Exit

Now this is kind of writing itself lol, have to thank the writers for this information presented in this format. If you take this than it is a matter of having there Johnson getting in touch with a team...now they will not want any old team....only the best. So through multiple fronts they would hire the PC's to cover a wide angle of jobs, each one testing their skill sets in a different way.

After some time they will hire the PC's to hit either a Azzie site or a KP site to extract 1-2 researchers, take some data, and destroy a prototype! This last run will involve a Zero zone defense....me like allot!

+Quote Post
Platinum
post Aug 26 2010, 08:59 PM
Post #5

Running Target

Member No.: 1,115

QUOTE (Johnny B. Good @ Aug 26 2010, 02:13 PM) *
I'm reading up on my William Gibson, and it seems to me that Chiba is the place to go for top notch 'ware. All you have to do is know (and do a few favors for) the right people.

Personally I would have them in places that are currently well known for medical tourism. Mexico and India are huge meccas for people needing cosmetic and implant procedures done at discount rates. They are also situated so facilities like this can exist without interference.

+Quote Post
naga-nuyen
post Aug 26 2010, 09:42 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

Platinum: Can you supply a different theme to get the players interest there? I am looking more for a place that will also include allot of gaming to introduce....Giving the players the cash needed to take advantage of the clinic and creating a enemy that will require that level of tech for some future adventures.

Okay going to start on the Contacts tonight, I will make the main Johnson from Fujimi-bou, and about 3-5 secondary agents he will use. I will take the PC to about three to four regions for runs. Start small in Seattle; let them hit a DocWagon compound for a minor data steal. Then maybe have them hit the new SK facility area in Bellevue to destroy major building equipment. After that I will take them to Istanbul to do an extraction of a scientist at Ukraine Bioenergetica. Have them head north to and west to GeMiTo were they can do a run against Renault-Fiat in one of their darker laboratories to make off with an experiment.

Now that the players are trained up, it will be time to send them to LA, were they get to play in the old holding of the Azzie's. There they are told to work up contacts, prepare several plans to enter Aztlan, keep their profile low, and when they figure they have a good OpOrder to send it back up though the current Johnson. At that time the big guy comes into play, gives them the full specs of the run, including pay off (Delta ware) and giving them a time limit to get in, work up there plan to assault the Aztechnology Zero zone defended site, extract 1-2 researchers, take some data, and destroy the prototype and then get out. All for a shiny piece of metal and some cash! Any suggestions?

P.s the Zero zone is going to be scary as all hell. I think i can manage the physical layout, i will add enough layers of drek that should cause my old CSM to wet himself in his sleep! My big problem will come to making the Wireless zone and matrix defenses.

+Quote Post
Whipstitch
post Aug 26 2010, 10:02 PM
Post #7

Runner

Member No.: 10,386

Honestly, I never liked how universities mysteriously dropped out of the picture when it comes to high end technology in the shadowrun world. I mean, I get that the USA collapsed, and that MIT and Johns Hopkins don't sound very cyberpunk, but from my perspective that just makes them untapped resource for an intrepid GM. Zaibatsus may be the dominant force in well, everything, but I find it hard to believe that the old boys' networks and alumni organizations were happy to let their alma maters be relegated to merely pumping out undergraduates that need on the job training before ever touching the toys the big boys play with. After all, universities are a handy way of recruiting young minds while getting someone else to foot at least part of the bill. That such places are ostensibly independent from a megacorp doesn't mean that the board doesn't have some shaky ethical standards and some ulterior motives. Throw in the fact that publicly funded research isn't quite as motivated by immediate profit potential as a private interest and one would think that some universities may very well have been the first to pioneer certain types of "delta" grade technology even if they are not fully equipped delta clinics in the traditional sense. I rather doubt such places bother keeping crap like delta spurs on hand, for example, but with enough cred and the right contacts I could see a runner getting to play guinea pig for the latest and greatest synaptic boosters or high end nanohive.

+Quote Post
Dwight
post Aug 26 2010, 10:13 PM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,795

QUOTE (Platinum @ Aug 26 2010, 01:59 PM) *
Personally I would have them in places that are currently well known for medical tourism. Mexico and India are huge meccas for people needing cosmetic and implant procedures done at discount rates. They are also situated so facilities like this can exist without interference.

The ones in Mexico Atzlan have a nasty habit of using Blood Magic and are fully interfered with sponsored by the Atzlan government. This can be good or bad depending on how you want to run your campaigned but it will definitely influence it.

P.S. I'm pretty sure that is at least one canon Delta clinic in Atzlan but I don't recall the details off-hand.

+Quote Post
naga-nuyen
post Aug 26 2010, 10:15 PM
Post #9

Moving Target

Do you think that this should be the main target of the adventure, that they gain ability to be guinea pig for a university? Or is this a possible target along the road to the Fujimi-bou delta clinic? Either way it is a great idea, and i agree that universities are a lost niche in the shadowrun universe.

Edit: yeah there is defiantly one cybermancy delta clinic in Aztlan but i have not found a location yet! On top of that there will be at least one or two normal Delta clinics you would think, but have not found any info on them as well.

+Quote Post
Dwight
post Aug 26 2010, 10:16 PM
Post #10

Moving Target

@Whipstitch

MIT dropped out? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/question.gif) No, they just name changed to MIT&T, the extra 'T' is for theurgy (or some form of that word). They are HUGE in magical research.

+Quote Post
Whipstitch
post Aug 26 2010, 10:21 PM
Post #11

Runner

I knew about the MIT thing. But when else do you hear anything about universities? SR books talk so much about megacorps that things like the GD Schwartzkopf giving students extra credit for truly inventive magical pranks (he's a professor at the University of Prague) are more like conspicuous anecdotes rather than fleshed out resources.

+Quote Post
Dwight
post Aug 26 2010, 10:31 PM
Post #12

Moving Target

The Corps have hijacked and run society! It makes sense that they've co-oped universities, too. They own the high-price talent cradle to grave, they need to keep that isolated. The public university is power to the people, can't have that going on. In my vision Johns Hopkins is now owed by a large biomedical centric double-A (pending canon fact checking (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) ). The most prevalent public face of Johns Hopkins is as a brand name to sell genital wart cream. They still have profs and students, damn good ones, it's just way more closed club. It's private recruiting and training for life-time employment plus internal R&D for the university's "sponsors".

+Quote Post
naga-nuyen
post Aug 26 2010, 10:50 PM
Post #13

Moving Target

Fixer: Castellan connection 6/ loaylty varies.
This is an earned contact and cannot be taken during PC generation.

Castellan the fixer runs out of the Matrix. He/she node sight varies on a weekly schedule; the LTG needed to contact this fixer is set up on reader boards that known costumers can find in their specific region. Upon gaining entry to the Node one finds a large castle, upon approach of the castle one crosses a swarm of small pixies. These analyze each costumer and send out challenge, awaiting that costumer’s individual password.

Once this process is successful the player(s) enter the castle and make their way into the main keep. There you Find 7 levels each divided into the continents of the world, entering the right level you are then ushered to the country you need the equipment/meet in. Upon making your way to the right country then city you are given the option of what is available to you. This availability is dependent on your loyalty rating (see below). As you set up your requests, these are checked against available goods first in your city, then like a ripple upon water spreading out to country then world availability. As this system checks availability it also starts to set up delivery, contacting the dealer, than as needed delivery service: IE smuggler, local gang/ syndicate or local Corp member that is making a little cash on the side. This is a near instant action from the player’s perceptive and the final price is flashed on screen.
Castellan also can be used to schedule meets with certain Johnson’s. This is not an option a player can choose, but GM can make the call of who is in the know for this Fixers services.

Side note: Who is Castellan? In my campaign she is a AI that coordinates several local fixers/ syndicates and Corporate agents who want to move their goods on a world wide scale. Though my players will never find out she channels the earnings into several AI research projects and AI equal right groups.
Loyalty earned is based on individual GM’s needs
Loyalty = Availability
1-----------6 R
2-----------9 R
3-----------12 R/F
4-----------16 R/F
5-----------20 R/F
6-----------24+ R/f

Price is based on standard SH4a rules, subject to smuggling fees that are based by specific GM

+Quote Post
Whipstitch
post Aug 26 2010, 10:54 PM
Post #14

Runner

QUOTE (Dwight @ Aug 26 2010, 05:31 PM) *
The Corps have hijacked and run society! It makes sense that they've co-oped universities, too. They own the high-price talent cradle to grave, they need to keep that isolated. The public university is power to the people, can't have that going on. In my vision Johns Hopkins is now owed by a large biomedical centric double-A (pending canon fact checking (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) ). The most prevalent public face of Johns Hopkins is as a brand name to sell genital wart cream. They still have profs and students, damn good ones, it's just way more closed club. It's private recruiting and training for life-time employment plus internal R&D for the university's "sponsors".

Yeah, see, to me that's just like YAAAAAWN. I don't like having to run everything through the corps all the time. I like the situation less clear cut and more insidious-- like it is today in this weird world of research grants and gene patenting. I mean, I already kinda consider the world to be pretty dystopic. Having everything openly owned by the Company Formerly Known As Mitsubishi isn't really a big draw for me. It's just too easy.

+Quote Post
naga-nuyen
post Aug 26 2010, 11:04 PM
Post #15

Moving Target

Okay than we snub the corp. owned Delta, in fact i like it. I will brain storm a little, read up a little more. I believe i will make a clinic that is just hitting the ground so to speak, in fact not even opened yet. The runs the players will be taken on will be the last needed data that this entity needs to open it's doors. Something that if you look at the big picture the Corps do not want running a Delta clinic and the tech needed to get it running!

Maybe Bugs? universities making there presence known? Hermetic tradition looking at going into cybermancy? This could get allot of heat onto the players while they were only thinking about getting the good tech!

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Aug 26 2010, 11:10 PM
Post #16

Immortal Elf

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 14,465

Maybe not Single Corp-Controlled, but Corporate Court. A universally (For the most part) used facility or two that are used by all the Megas. It wouldn't make sense for them to not have ANY Deltas for their own.

On the flip side, Delta-Ware has always said "Covert Military" to me...

+Quote Post
Nifft
post Aug 26 2010, 11:12 PM
Post #17

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,227

QUOTE (Whipstitch @ Aug 26 2010, 05:54 PM) *
Yeah, see, to me that's just like YAAAAAWN. I don't like having to run everything through the corps all the time. I like the situation less clear cut and more insidious-- like it is today in this weird world of research grants and gene patenting. I mean, I already kinda consider the world to be pretty dystopic. Having everything openly owned by the Company Formerly Known As Mitsubishi isn't really a big draw for me. It's just too easy.

Agreed. Also, I see corps as being greedy short-sighted SOBs, so they probably all sponsor their own research grants at big-name universities, but don't own those universities outright.

They do this for two reasons.

First, it's cheaper to force parents & students to pay university tuition fees, and student loans give the corps more control over the eventual "product" (i.e. a graduate with a huge debt has far fewer options, so the corps have more leverage over him).

Second, espionage. Each one gains more insight into each other's research than they lose, and theft of student-built prototypes can be written off as a prank.

+Quote Post
Dwight
post Aug 26 2010, 11:13 PM
Post #18

Moving Target

QUOTE (Whipstitch @ Aug 26 2010, 03:54 PM) *

Whoa, hang on there. Research grants still get fought for! Sure the purse strings are held by the Corps, AKA current governments reflected darkly, but that doesn't make any less crucial to the researcher's careers. Also [gene] patenting isn't gone, the Corps still sling it out over that. They created a court especially for that. Also what I'm describing is a hotbed of cloak & dagger espionage. You still have universities still selling educatin' services to other Corps, premium services for their most promising talent. But while there you've got spy vs spy stuff going on all over the place as Corps try to steal from other Corps, beyond the normal student back-biting. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

I mean, I could easily run a whole damn mini-campaign on MIT&T's or Johns Hopkins' campus and keep it all fresh.

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Aug 26 2010, 11:16 PM
Post #19

Immortal Elf

QUOTE (Dwight @ Aug 26 2010, 06:13 PM) *
I mean, I could easily run a whole damn mini-campaign on MIT&T's or Johns Hopkins' campus and keep it all fresh.

And have the fun of Fraternities and Sororities as well!

"Why are we doing this in Togas? And with bottles of cheap hooch?" "Simple. We get caught, splash the booze around and act drunk. They're finding Tri-Betas all over the place this evening."

+Quote Post
naga-nuyen
post Aug 26 2010, 11:25 PM
Post #20

Moving Target

From 6WA timeline year 2022
August 19—USA: Scandal erupts when Johns Hopkins Institute of Health is caught performing illegal experiments on metahumans. The U.S. government removes all funding from the institute. In response, Johns Hopkins becomes an independent for-profit corporation.

So we have a corporation formally known as a university. Is this what we should play ball with? And their set up in the Caribbean League!

The Caribbean League is a mess of bad politics, strange magic, and pirates. It’s worth noting that Johns Hopkins lost its university status after UCAS offi cials
discovered they had been using Haiti to conduct VITAS-related experiments on unwitting metahuman subjects. So what does the newly formed League do?
They help the university get back on their feet as the Johns Hopkins Institute of Health. Wanna guess where they incorporated?
> Nephrine

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Aug 26 2010, 11:27 PM
Post #21

Immortal Elf

I can get behind that.

The way tuition fees are, they're pretty mucht that now anyhow. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/frown.gif)

+Quote Post
naga-nuyen
post Aug 26 2010, 11:29 PM
Post #22

Moving Target

K now are we solid on they are just getting off the delta clinic, needing the team (s) to make several runs vrs the known clinic owners to get the right tech/people?

+Quote Post
Dwight
post Aug 26 2010, 11:31 PM
Post #23

Moving Target

QUOTE (naga-nuyen @ Aug 26 2010, 04:25 PM) *
From 6WA timeline year 2022

So we have a corporation formally known as a university. Is this what we should play ball with?

That's the shizit! Only that was 50 years ago. Brand Name like that is going to get snapped up...or is going to steam roll the market and take over others themselves. Rehabilitate the brand a bit, not that a little metahuman experimentation even needs much rehabilitation in some corners of the 6th World, and you are selling genital wart cream at Stuffer Shacks around the world plus premium education and research services to the corporate elite.

+Quote Post
naga-nuyen
post Aug 26 2010, 11:34 PM
Post #24

Moving Target

Nope it is current and in the Caribbean League, i edited the information from 6WA page 171 in my early post.

+Quote Post
naga-nuyen
post Aug 26 2010, 11:40 PM
Post #25

Moving Target

Darn you are right about it being snapped up
Port-au-Prince is the largest port in the league, making it a frequent target of pirate raids. the city is home to JHIH, a subsidiary of the Yakashima Corporation, and some of the old Japanacorp antimetahuman tendencies followed Yakashima to the shores of Haiti. It is the only island where meta-humans are classified as undesirables subject to limited freedom within the city. It is also the power center of the Voice of Ogoun. Vodoun is the primary religion among the people, so the government has come out in support of the Voice. The fact that the highly influential Head Houngan, Papa Cross, makes his home in Port-au-Prince plays a role in the government’s support

K of to research Yakashima.

Also this could be used as a plot device to separate JHIH from yakashima and set them up as A or AA corp? If they have holding still in the UCAS then they have the territory to get that level?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:13 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.