Reply to this topicStart new topic
> armor rating in astral
pster
post Sep 2 2010, 11:47 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,625

Hey does astral beings have armor rating in the astral world?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Badmoodguy88
post Sep 2 2010, 11:52 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,765

Mystic armor, the armor spell, or immunity to normal weapons.

+Quote Post
Badmoodguy88
post Sep 2 2010, 11:52 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,765

double post

+Quote Post
pster
post Sep 2 2010, 12:06 PM
Post #4

Target

Member No.: 18,625

I meant without the spells. Like a mage astrally projecting, does not have armor when being attacked by a spirit in the astral world, unless he/she cast those spells, you basically enter the astral world naked right? So if you get hit by a spirit you only resist with your spiritual "body" attribute?
But spirits have their standard armor+body in force even in astral right?

+Quote Post
Makki
post Sep 2 2010, 12:30 PM
Post #5

Running Target

Member No.: 18,036

no they don't. they only get immunity to normal weapons when materialized. the immunity grants them some artificial armor.

+Quote Post
Draco18s
post Sep 2 2010, 02:40 PM
Post #6

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 16,392

Or you can be a drake. Drakes have Mystic Armor (the critter power) which is also Hardened (and uselessly hardened at rating 4).

+Quote Post
Summerstorm
post Sep 2 2010, 02:47 PM
Post #7

Running Target

Member No.: 17,225

Not if something inept attacks you with TINY BABY FISTS and you have a crippled body score... But yeah.

Also: The armor spell does not work in the astral. But i think one could make some kind of mana-version of it. (Since you have to counter people running... flying/whatever around in there with weapon foci.) Or maybe allow some kind of armor-fokus? Hmm... i hope i haven't opened a can of worms here *g*.

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Sep 2 2010, 03:24 PM
Post #8

Immortal Elf

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 14,465

"Um, what is that?" "Oh, it's a foot bone from Saint Martin of Tours, patron saint of soldiers. My Faith is my Shield." (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

+Quote Post
Draco18s
post Sep 2 2010, 03:51 PM
Post #9

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 16,392

QUOTE (Summerstorm @ Sep 2 2010, 09:47 AM) *
Not if something inept attacks you with TINY BABY FISTS and you have a crippled body score... But yeah.

Actually happened to my character once when Bear Who Digs Through Walls and I broke into a rigger's control room. Cut his matrix connection and then proceeded to Console Hack to get what I needed. Bear largely ignored the pudgy human because he was interested in the guy's fridge. I largely ignored him because I couldn't talk to him (ah, vocal cords) and he couldn't hurt me (thought it was funny to have the GM describe the guy wailing on me like a small child, then running away in fear from a drake and a bear).

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:46 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.