IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Spending and burning Edge, how do they interweave?
pbangarth
post Sep 17 2010, 12:11 AM
Post #1

Old Man of the North

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 5,463

Here's the potential scenario:

PC has 5 Edge points. He spends one early in the run, leaving 5 total, 4 left. Later on, shit hits the fan and he has to burn a point of Edge to survive. Burning a point drops his maximum/total to 4.

In this case, does he burn the Edge that has been spent, leaving 4 total, and 4 to be spent, or does he burn one of the unspent, leaving him 4 total, and three to spend?

The former looks like that 5th point got used twice. The latter looks like he burned and spent a point for the save.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Method
post Sep 17 2010, 12:13 AM
Post #2

Street Doc

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6,114

Hmmm good question. I am inclined to say that he drops to 4 with 3 to spend, but I don't think there is a clear rule on this.

+Quote Post
Game2BHappy
post Sep 17 2010, 12:14 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,355

Maybe its just me, but if your player got into a situation bad enough to need to burn permanent edge, I might go with whatever one is more advantageous to the player. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
tete
post Sep 17 2010, 12:16 AM
Post #4

Running Target

Member No.: 1,139

QUOTE (Method @ Sep 17 2010, 12:13 AM) *
Hmmm good question. I am inclined to say that he drops to 4 with 3 to spend, but I don't think there is a clear rule on this.

/agree, I think this falls under one of those things you have to go with RAI rather than RAW

+Quote Post
Draco18s
post Sep 17 2010, 12:31 AM
Post #5

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 16,392

Given that you can burn Edge even when you have none left to spend....?

Still, I'd go with 4(3) after the burn, that way it works Just Like Magic (pun intended).

+Quote Post
Caadium
post Sep 17 2010, 12:37 AM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,646

QUOTE (Game2BHappy @ Sep 16 2010, 05:14 PM) *
Maybe its just me, but if your player got into a situation bad enough to need to burn permanent edge, I might go with whatever one is more advantageous to the player. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I also agree with this. But then again, thats just me.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 07:03 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.