Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Character Concept Help
WhiskeyMac
post Sep 20 2010, 08:43 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,789

I'm creating a character for a game I might be playing some time in the future. My basic concept is there but I'm not quite sure how to hash it out. So, I've turned to the masters of Shadowrun-fu to help me out.

Basically, the character is an escaped clone of a wealthy quadriplegic from the Tir. The creator has an incurable condition that makes him a quadriplegic so he created a clone and implanted a simrig and other augmentations into it. He then had the clone "escape", "assume" his identity and then make a living as a runner who's out for revenge for "blah blah blah" reason.

The basic archetype I'm going for is a gunslinger/traceur combo. Speedy, stealthy but good with a pistol when the need arises.

What I'm stuck on is does this character concept make any sense? I've been thinking of giving the clone trust fund for a medium lifestyle and deep cover, where one of his contacts is actually his handler. The handler meets up with the clone every few days, puts him in his "actual" phase, downloads the simrig recordings, and then sends it to the creator, giving him a semblance of a life outside his estate. Should I make his simrig a "mysterious implant" that's always broadcasting to the creator instead?

What other augmentations should the clone get? I felt that genetic heritage helps out since he could have been augmented in-vitro. The free genetech would probably be Neo-EPO or Hyper Glucagon.

I'm willing to take any suggestions or tips. Thank you for your help in advance.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SleepIncarnate
post Sep 20 2010, 10:26 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 11,931

With all the advancements in cyber/bioware, magic, etc, why is this wealthy quadriplegic creating a clone and implanting it with a simrig and stuff instead of just, I dunno, buying some cyberlimbs? Or having genetically crafted limbs? Or hving his brain implanted into the clone so he can move again?

+Quote Post
sabs
post Sep 20 2010, 02:27 PM
Post #3

Prime Runner

Member No.: 18,649

QUOTE (SleepIncarnate @ Sep 20 2010, 11:26 AM) *
With all the advancements in cyber/bioware, magic, etc, why is this wealthy quadriplegic creating a clone and implanting it with a simrig and stuff instead of just, I dunno, buying some cyberlimbs? Or having genetically crafted limbs? Or hving his brain implanted into the clone so he can move again?

They can't put CCU's into clones yet?

If your gm loved the idea, I could see looking at Biodrones and seeing what one could come up with for a metahuman biodrone (you know they're working on one). Usually the Biodrone is being run by the rich old man whose dying. But when ever the drone is out of signal range of the matrix.. the original personality takes over. That could be amusing (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Although Gah.. a Metahuman clone biodrone with 5 IP's.. *shiver*

+Quote Post
CeeJay
post Sep 20 2010, 02:43 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

From: Nowhere near you... unless you happen to be near Cologne.
Member No.: 16,776

If I were the wealthy quadriplegic elf, I would install a stirrup interface into my clone, so that I could not only experience everything he does, but also decide what he should do...

In effect the clone would become a biodrone exactly as sabs proposed it...

-CJ

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 08:33 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.