IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Secret World, Dark days are coming ...
nylanfs
post Sep 22 2010, 01:57 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,576

I couldn't find a post on this (at least by searching for "Secret World"), but is anyone else excited about this game as I am?

I absolutely LOVED Anarchy Online, the world was beautiful (and huge, and FELT huge) but it was the backstory that really drew me into it. And I'm looking forward to what Ragnar plans to do with this story.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Karoline
post Sep 22 2010, 02:05 AM
Post #2

Great Dragon

Member No.: 17,652

Looks cool, have to give it a closer look when The Colony isn't on.

+Quote Post
nemafow
post Sep 22 2010, 02:08 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,237

Looks impressive, but mmo's just don't do it for me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/frown.gif)
I do love the whole undead and monster concept tho

+Quote Post
Karoline
post Sep 22 2010, 02:26 AM
Post #4

Great Dragon

Yeah, certainly looks cool. Of course all most MMOs look cool. It is the execution that is vital.

+Quote Post
Blade
post Sep 22 2010, 08:28 AM
Post #5

Runner

Member No.: 9,466

I'd rather have the sequel(s) to Longuest Journey and Dreamfall than a MMO I'll never play (even if it looks like they've got some good ideas in there).

+Quote Post
Mäx
post Sep 22 2010, 09:22 AM
Post #6

Prime Runner

Member No.: 15,628

The world looks really promising, but i'm little vary about the actual game after Age of Conan, the fact that it's also coming out on xbo360 doesn't exactly ease my mind.
I quess i could say that based on the cinematic trailers and backstory, im just as excitetd about this as i was of hellgate:London(so thats a lot,by the way), but i'm afraid i might end up being justs as disappointed too.

+Quote Post
Karoline
post Sep 22 2010, 12:47 PM
Post #7

Great Dragon

QUOTE (Mäx @ Sep 22 2010, 05:22 AM) *
the fact that it's also coming out on xbo360 doesn't exactly ease my mind.

Eww, yeah, hope it doesn't turn into a 'make it for the x-box, and then devote entire minutes to porting it to the PC' like most games that are on both seem to.

+Quote Post
Caine Hazen
post Sep 22 2010, 01:14 PM
Post #8

MechRigger Delux

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 1,657

I have been looking forward to trying this out. I have hopes it might be something good to do with my little amount of spare time.

+Quote Post
TommyTwoToes
post Sep 22 2010, 04:53 PM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,454

QUOTE (Mäx @ Sep 22 2010, 04:22 AM) *
The world looks really promising, but i'm little vary about the actual game after Age of Conan, the fact that it's also coming out on xbo360 doesn't exactly ease my mind.
I quess i could say that based on the cinematic trailers and backstory, im just as excitetd about this as i was of hellgate:London(so thats a lot,by the way), but i'm afraid i might end up being justs as disappointed too.

I had a really good time in Hellgate London, just wish they had managed the launch and advertising better so that the game had stuck around.

+Quote Post
KarmaInferno
post Sep 22 2010, 10:19 PM
Post #10

Old Man Jones

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 1,699

QUOTE (TommyTwoToes @ Sep 22 2010, 11:53 AM) *
I had a really good time in Hellgate London, just wish they had managed the launch and advertising better so that the game had stuck around.

Getting screwed over by their international partners didn't help them either.

+Quote Post
Mäx
post Sep 27 2010, 10:24 AM
Post #11

Prime Runner

Member No.: 15,628

QUOTE (TommyTwoToes @ Sep 22 2010, 06:53 PM) *

It was pretty nice game to play, just got repetive even during the first playtrought.
Also the company lost all my respect with its "We made 2 totally different games, so we cant give patches to single player part of our product without weeks of recoding the patch and we really can't be arsed to do that"
I really hope that the guy that made that desicion never ever get work in the indrustry again.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 01:20 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.