Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Futuristic Building Materials
Draco18s
post Sep 22 2010, 04:33 PM
Post #1

Immortal Elf

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,392

While I normally ignore the ads at the bottom of Not Always right, occasionally something catches my eye.

Today it was transparent concrete (and official site). I missed the actual link, so I found that via Google, which also lead me to some self-healing concrete.

Amazing stuff.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Karoline
post Sep 22 2010, 04:38 PM
Post #2

Great Dragon

Member No.: 17,652

The transparent concrete has been around for years, or at least I remember seeing something on modern marvels about it years ago. It wasn't quite that transparent though.

The self-healing stuff is new to me though. I could see alot of use for it as sidewalks and outer walls, but otherwise it doesn't heal while indoors or anything. Although... I could be remembering incorrectly, but doesn't acid rain eat through calcium carbonate like crazy? Maybe it wouldn't be such a good idea in the sixth world.

+Quote Post
Yerameyahu
post Sep 22 2010, 04:52 PM
Post #3

Advocatus Diaboli

Member No.: 14,282

It's okay, they have plascrete.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 03:11 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.