Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Target Designators?
Socinus
post Sep 26 2010, 06:02 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,881

I'm not too clear on the use of a target designator for something like a missile or mortar.

As I read it, it seems to say that if you're using a target designator, you have to make a ranged attack with the designator, using something like the Pistols skill.

My character uses a mortar mounted on a drone such that it fires and reloads automatically when I use the target designator. Basically, I highlight the target with the designator, signal the drone, it fires on the mark.

What skill would that work with?

Our GM has ruled that it's a Pistols skill roll with the designator.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sabs
post Sep 27 2010, 01:25 AM
Post #2

Prime Runner

Member No.: 18,649

Pistol skill, needing 1 net hit sounds about right.

You're basically doing a ranged-touch attack, to borrow from the game that causes cancer.

+Quote Post
Udoshi
post Sep 27 2010, 09:50 PM
Post #3

Runner

Member No.: 17,566

The details are in Arsenal.

Sadly, target designators are exotic, last i checked. However, Smartlinks are capable of remotely locking onto targets and guiding munitions onto them. However, they do so at a bigger penalty than target designators

See Information Guided Warfare. Also Tactical AR Networks have this capability. Indirect Fire rules as well.

If you don't wanna break out arsenal's expanded/optional rules, though, it seems your gm's got a houserule for it.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:43 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.