Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Psychological Conditioning, Flaw suggestions wanted
Dveeb
post Mar 8 2004, 04:15 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,000

I'm making a adept who's a former "company man". I though it likely that they use psychological conditioning to give them a stronger hold over their agents, and so I thought it would be appropriate to give him some sort of phobia which they gave him to help make sure they had absolute control.

Problem is, I have no idea what would be appropriate. I'd appreciate any suggestions.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Zazen
post Mar 8 2004, 04:30 AM
Post #2

Shooting Target

Member No.: 3,123

It depends on what you imagine the effects to be. There are plenty of movies and fiction that simulate this.

He might be unable to harm an asset or executive of Ares but not know this, and sieze or collapse when he tries. He might have been conditioned in the presence of some undesired influence, like the music of Beethoven, and have flashbacks when he hears it. He might be compelled to follow instructions given after a code word. He might even complete these tasks in his sleep and wake up with no memory of them.

Choose your brainwashing cliche!

+Quote Post
theartthief
post Mar 8 2004, 04:36 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,111

If you want to use cliche, use the good ole, "We'll kill your 'so-and-so' if you don't ... ". This assumes, of course, that he has a "so-and-so".

OR you could have him desperately afraid of small dogs - A friend of mine is scared to death of dogs and it seems to be inversely proportional to thier size. No rational reason why ... ;)

+Quote Post
Siege
post Mar 8 2004, 04:36 AM
Post #4

Dragon

Member No.: 3,916

There has been some debate over suggested mental conditioning flaws.

The simple mechanic is:

-1 Flaw: TN 4 to resist
-2 flaw: TN 6 to resist
-3 flaw: TN 8 to resist

And so on.

The nature of the compulsion is up to the discretion of the GM -- a command kill flaw might be a -3 flaw in addition to the TN to resist: TN 8 Command Kill flaw is worth -6 points,in other words. The character must resist a TN 8 when receiving this command or will kill the target specified in the Command Kill.

Loyalty Renraku -4 (Must resist a TN 6 to actively harm or injure assets belonging to Renraku, Inc.)

-Siege

+Quote Post
toturi
post Mar 8 2004, 12:38 PM
Post #5

Canon Companion

Member No.: 4,187

Easy. Use Scorched. I had used Scorched for counter-interrogation/intimidation training before. Scorched: Positive psychotropic conditioning (Geneva Conventions: Name, Rank, Serial Number) :vegm:

+Quote Post
Backgammon
post Mar 8 2004, 10:04 PM
Post #6

Ain Soph Aur

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 600

QUOTE (Dveeb)
I'm making a adept who's a former "company man". I though it likely that they use psychological conditioning to give them a stronger hold over their agents, and so I thought it would be appropriate to give him some sort of phobia which they gave him to help make sure they had absolute control.

Problem is, I have no idea what would be appropriate. I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Clearly the conditionning did not work or was broken, so...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:51 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.