Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Royal Jelly
Marcus
post Sep 27 2010, 10:52 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,826

Are there stats for Royal Jelly somewhere? It's pretty clear what its suggested it does in Feral Cities. But it's not very clear how that
works systematically, I swear i read rules for it somewhere but i can't find it in any of the SR4 Books searching by Royal Jelly. Maybe it
was in SR3... hmmm
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Sep 28 2010, 02:22 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Really nobody? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/frown.gif)

+Quote Post
LurkerOutThere
post Sep 28 2010, 03:17 AM
Post #3

Runner

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 17,234

I think it's a concept introduced in Feral Cities. It's not like it's commercially available.

+Quote Post
Sixgun_Sage
post Sep 28 2010, 03:23 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,783

If I recall they discussed something similar in a 3rd edition mission, I'll take a look through my library of missions for all editions though sme time tomorrow if no on else has an answer.

+Quote Post
Angelone
post Sep 28 2010, 06:41 AM
Post #5

Running Target

Member No.: 7,409

Feral Cities page 27, it states it protects the insect spirits from mana ebbs and maybe FAB and other awakened threats. There are different types it's theorized that different awakend flowers make them. Aphid spirits also supposedly secrete it. No rules on how it works.

The info is spread all over the Chicago section.

+Quote Post
The Jopp
post Sep 28 2010, 07:54 AM
Post #6

Runner

Member No.: 948

Not sure if i remember correctly but I *think* it was stuff that came from Insect Queens.

Other references are from the ALIENS comic books where Royal Jelly was an extract from Aliens Queens and incredible addictive.

I might have mixed up the first part with the second.

+Quote Post
TW
post Sep 28 2010, 12:05 PM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 677

IIRC, it was decided at the time to not include any stats for the substance in a setting book - maybe Bobby Derie / Ancient History - who came up with the idea while teaming up with me to write the Chicago chapter - has some unofficial stats from during the writing phases.

+Quote Post
Daddy's Litt...
post Sep 28 2010, 01:01 PM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,668

The early stuff like Queen Euphoria has normal hive food, Amber Gel, but does not mentino any special products.

+Quote Post
Prime Mover
post Sep 28 2010, 04:21 PM
Post #9

Shooting Target

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 9,313

Mentioned in Feral Cities and then listed as a BAD in Ghost Cartels. I went back and see it's been discussed a few times but no official answers.

+Quote Post
Sixgun_Sage
post Sep 28 2010, 09:31 PM
Post #10

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,783

Been covered already I see. Man, I loved Queen Euphoria, how did I forget that?!?

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Sep 29 2010, 01:17 AM
Post #11

Moving Target

QUOTE (TW @ Sep 28 2010, 07:05 AM) *
IIRC, it was decided at the time to not include any stats for the substance in a setting book - maybe Bobby Derie / Ancient History - who came up with the idea while teaming up with me to write the Chicago chapter - has some unofficial stats from during the writing phases.

Appreciate the info. I can see how if its some kind of magically active gel; smeared on it could protect from FAB, but I just wanted to see if i was missing something. But clear I'm not, thanks again.

+Quote Post
jakephillips
post Sep 29 2010, 02:05 AM
Post #12

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,852

QUOTE (Marcus @ Sep 28 2010, 08:17 PM) *
Appreciate the info. I can see how if its some kind of magically active gel; smeared on it could protect from FAB, but I just wanted to see if i was missing something. But clear I'm not, thanks again.

Should also attract insect spirits.

+Quote Post
Neraph
post Sep 30 2010, 06:52 AM
Post #13

Great Dragon

Member No.: 16,387

Royal Jelly. 6 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nuyen.gif) at your local Stuffer Shack.

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Sep 30 2010, 06:54 AM
Post #14

Moving Target

QUOTE (Neraph @ Sep 30 2010, 01:52 AM) *

Hmmm. Some how I'm not sold on that concept.

+Quote Post
Neraph
post Sep 30 2010, 06:56 AM
Post #15

Great Dragon

Member No.: 16,387

"Royal Jelly" must mean something radically different when in the context of Shadowrun. I figured as much, but that was my attempt to be semi-cute.

And whatever it is, it should still be available at Stuffer Shack. Them Azzies have to have it, if only on backorder or something.

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Sep 30 2010, 07:04 AM
Post #16

Moving Target

QUOTE (Neraph @ Sep 30 2010, 01:56 AM) *
"Royal Jelly" must mean something radically different when in the context of Shadowrun. I figured as much, but that was my attempt to be semi-cute.

And whatever it is, it should still be available at Stuffer Shack. Them Azzies have to have it, if only on backorder or something.

I'm not actually sure i Could call it radically different. Just bigger. It was cute the picture certainly made me a little ahh sick.

I'm sure someone in the big A has launched a private hive project to harvest it for some nefarious use. I just don't have a clue what that use is yet. But i suspect it will involved taking shots at Toxic Shamans, for some reason.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th April 2024 - 08:33 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.