IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What was Leonardo?, Can someone explain that meta plot?
Daddy's Litt...
post Sep 28 2010, 01:02 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,668

He appeared in several books/stories but was he really an immortal elf and really Leonardo Divinci or was it a scam?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Doc Chase
post Sep 28 2010, 01:07 PM
Post #2

Runner

Member No.: 18,688

The Ancient Files suggest he was an IE, and if he wasn't actually da Vinci he certainly was smart enough to fit the moniker. Possibly eaten by a Great, I think Lofwyr.

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Sep 28 2010, 01:14 PM
Post #3

Immortal Elf

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 14,465

Mmmmmmmmm, brain food!

+Quote Post
Doc Chase
post Sep 28 2010, 01:21 PM
Post #4

Runner

Nomf nomf nomf.

Anyway, here is the pertinent article on Leonardo. There's enough circumstancial evidence in my eyes to say that he is/was an IE, depending on whether or not he made a better entree than engineer.

+Quote Post
Blade
post Sep 28 2010, 01:41 PM
Post #5

Runner

Member No.: 9,466

He appeared in Black Madonna, which is Da Vinci Code but set in the Sixth World and published years before (and it has the Vatican sending nukes).

[ Spoiler ]

The problem was that the authors went too far for the line developper (IIRC it was still Tom Dowd back then) who had to wrote this short story (that I can't seem to find in English) with Lofwyr getting inside Leonardo's place, giving another version of the facts and destroying everything, in order to somehow retcon things.

Leonardo has been somehow able to copy the otaku's ability (he could access the Matrix without a cyberdeck) and the last time I've heard of him, rumor has it he wad working in SK's secret lab on the North Pole.

EDIT : Oh, and his works probably helped build Deus. And if the book implied that he was Leonardo Da Vinci, the short story had Lofwyr say that he wasn't (that he just admires him).

+Quote Post
Dumori
post Sep 28 2010, 02:10 PM
Post #6

Dumorimasoddaa

Member No.: 15,830

He's deff an IE but I though he was at the south pole.

+Quote Post
Prime Mover
post Sep 28 2010, 02:11 PM
Post #7

Shooting Target

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 9,313

Been so long since I've read Black Madonna or any of the follow up stuff. I vaguely remember the follow up story too but can't recall either were it was.

I'm not real clear on timeline either though. After Black Madonna he ended up at Renraku for a short time? Then ended up at SK?
Wasn't Deus created before his involvment?

Was the "Deck" in the Imago mission connected to his tech?
EDIT: Sorry it was the short lived elf Quicksilver that made the bio-chips.

+Quote Post
Doc Chase
post Sep 28 2010, 03:02 PM
Post #8

Runner

QUOTE (Prime Mover @ Sep 28 2010, 02:11 PM) *
Been so long since I've read Black Madonna or any of the follow up stuff. I vaguely remember the follow up story too but can't recall either were it was.

I'm not real clear on timeline either though. After Black Madonna he ended up at Renraku for a short time? Then ended up at SK?
Wasn't Deus created before his involvment?

Was the "Deck" in the Imago mission connected to his tech?
EDIT: Sorry it was the short lived elf Quicksilver that made the bio-chips.

Nnnnoooo, I think the timeline was Black Madonna - Work for Renraku - Followup where Lanier gets to Renraku, they make a bunch of breakthroughs, get sued, Leo gets wrecked and Renraku's left holding the bag - Deus.

He had a hand in the SCIRE project, but it was already trucking along I think. It would've been interesting to make the Arcology the caer he wanted.

+Quote Post
Chance359
post Sep 28 2010, 04:10 PM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 313

Leo blackmailed all big 8 mega's at one time looking for money, Renraku accepted his deal.

The shadowtalk in the book is that Renraku was turning out a lot of advanced tech, that they didnt even seem to understand. this hardware plus code from a rogue AI is what created Deus.

+Quote Post
Krojar
post Sep 28 2010, 04:16 PM
Post #10

Target

Member No.: 18,986

Additionally, in Renraku Arcology Shutdown (p. 85) it stated that Room 1835 of the Renraku Arcology (mentioned in Dunkelzahn's Will) was a UV node created and inserted by Leonardo to watch for the development of an AI though exact details weren't mentioned.

+Quote Post
Nath
post Sep 28 2010, 05:25 PM
Post #11

Shooting Target

Member No.: 3,723

QUOTE (Blade @ Sep 28 2010, 03:41 PM) *
The problem was that the authors went too far for the line developper (IIRC it was still Tom Dowd back then) who had to wrote this short story (that I can't seem to find in English) with Lofwyr getting inside Leonardo's place, giving another version of the facts and destroying everything, in order to somehow retcon things.
The text you're thinking of is Technobabel chapter 29, written by Steve Kenson.

QUOTE (Blade @ Sep 28 2010, 03:41 PM) *
Leonardo has been somehow able to copy the otaku's ability (he could access the Matrix without a cyberdeck) and the last time I've heard of him, rumor has it he wad working in SK's secret lab on the North Pole.
Antarctica actually. This is suggested in Dragons of the Sixth World, pages 102 and 105.

+Quote Post
BookWyrm
post Sep 29 2010, 01:54 AM
Post #12

Running Target

Member No.: 2,607

What was Leonardo? The author's version of Tom Bombadil? [j/k]

+Quote Post
Snow_Fox
post Sep 29 2010, 02:02 AM
Post #13

Prime Runner

Member No.: 1,221

where's AH when we need him?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 06:07 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.