Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Game character final build (probably)
Teryon
post Oct 5 2010, 11:02 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,072

After numerous conversations here and elsewhere, some juggling, I believe Ive managed to put together something fun: Ork adept face\infiltrator.

Ork

Body 3
Agility 5
Reaction 4
Strength 3
Charisma 4
Intuition 5
Logic 2
Willpower 4
Edge 3
Magic: 5

Adept Powers:
Kinesics - 5
Traceless Walk
Cool Resolve 1
Multi-tasking
Commanding Voice
Voice Control

Infiltration(Urban) 5(7)
Perception(Visual) 4(6)
Influence (Group) 4
Pistols(Revolvers) 4(6)
Dodge(Ranged) 3(5)
Intimidation 3
Hardware(Maglocks) 3(5)

Lone Star Procedures 2
Corporate Politics 2
Security Procedures 3
Security Systems 2
Security Design 3
Fine Cuisine 2

Japanese 2
Mandarin 2
German 2
Sperethiel(Spoken) 1(2)

Positive:
First Impression
Linguist

Negative
In Debt 2
Addiction(mild) Alcohol
SINner
Big Regret
Records on File

Gear:

1 month Low Lifestyle

Various kinds of Armor(jacket, Full Body, Vest)
-Insulation
-Non conductivity
-Thermal Damping
Normal sets of clothing

Contact Lenses
- Visual Enhancement 2
- Flarecomp
- Smartlink

Subvocal Mic

Basic software plus firewall at rating 6, Empathy software at Rating 4 and Hermes Ikon commlink
Rating 3 Agent

Ruger Super Warhawk - Smartgun, Skinlink, Custom Look 1, Underbarrel weight, Thermal Suppressor
Colt Manhunter - Smartgun, Skinlink, Underbarrel weight
- 100 Explosive rounds
- 100 Gel Rounds
- 100 SnS
- 100 Reg ammo
- Quick draw and concealable holsters for both
- Silencer for Colt

-A whole bunch of B&E gear like autopicker, glasscutter, keycard copier, etc, along with skinlink for all the gear.

2 x Rating 3 Fake Sin
2 x Rating 3 license

3 contacts, L4:C3, L2:C3 and L4:C3 respectively

-Some of this is built more around character than optimization of course, Ive decided against bioware until a combination of cash, karma and initiation start coming my way in the game. Game starts this Friday barring life complications. Thoughts, comments, hazing?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Triggvi
post Oct 5 2010, 11:25 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,360

In Sr4A Kinesics caps at level 3 also Improved reflexes I or II in good to have for the IP passes. The adept powers of linguistics at .25 and face sculpt .25/level would be better than traceless walk. The stealth group would work better than just infiltration.

If you combine the linguistics power and linguist quality you can learn a language at level 1(3) in a matter of hours for free.

Tasers are relatively quiet and they are nonlethal.

+Quote Post
Sixgun_Sage
post Oct 5 2010, 11:30 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,783

Well, if you are playing SR4A then you are over the limit on kinesics, otherwise it looks like a cool build, good luck.

+Quote Post
Teryon
post Oct 5 2010, 11:35 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

QUOTE (Triggvi @ Oct 5 2010, 07:25 PM) *
In Sr4A Kinesics caps at level 3 also Improved reflexes I or II in good to have for the IP passes. The adept powers of linguistics at .25 and face sculpt .25/level would be better than traceless walk. The stealth group would work better than just infiltration.

If you combine the linguistics power and linguist quality you can learn a language at level 1(3) in a matter of hours for free.

Tasers are relatively quiet and they are nonlethal.

Well...I wish Id paid more attention. Only lvl 3? Meh. I dont actually have the 40 points to spare for the entire stealth group, and Idve thought the traceless walk would make defeating those pesky ground-lvl sensors far easier than hoping the hacker gets into the nodes, assuming(backstory wise of course) you have access to one. Tasers, nonlethal, sure, but so are SnS rounds and I have the added bonus of being able to just *kill* somebody if things get that nasty.

+Quote Post
Kruger
post Oct 6 2010, 12:40 AM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,877

Your low logic makes your Knowledge skills incredibly low. as well. Lone Star Procedures & Security Procedures, System and Design are all Professional Knowledge Skills and thus tied to Logic. I'd cut one of the skills and redistribute its points. It will only take you two 1s to glitch on a Dice Pool of 4, which could be bad if your character is trying to conjure up knowledge about Security Systems or Procedures, lol.

+Quote Post
Whipstitch
post Oct 6 2010, 12:54 AM
Post #6

Runner

Member No.: 10,386

I'd do pretty much the opposite and cut the Logic even lower and bring up Hardware another point to compensate and enjoy the 6 extra BPs. If you're really that worried about Knowledge skills you could use that extra bit of BPs to buy one of the Educated (if you stuck with more or less your current selection, I would choose Technical School) qualities and then just buy another point of Logic in play for cheap. That'd still leave you with a BP free to upgrade a Contact or pick up another 5k worth of gear.

+Quote Post
Teryon
post Oct 6 2010, 02:07 AM
Post #7

Moving Target

Unfortunately given the circumstances it`ll end up being almost impossible to soak any sort of glitch with most skills period. I may cut a couple down, the Educated quality dosent really seem worth it. +1 for 5 BP? it'd be easier just to buy it later with karma I suppose.

+Quote Post
Whipstitch
post Oct 6 2010, 05:56 AM
Post #8

Runner

Member No.: 10,386

Qualities cost 2 karma per build point to acquire whereas going from a Logic of 1 to a Logic of 2 costs you either 10 BP in chargen or costs you 10 Karma while in play. If you really want to slice maglocks cheaply then the path I mentioned is roughly equivalent to the original sheet in function for 1 less BP and after 10 karma it's flat out ahead due to previously mentioned wackiness.

+1 to all rated Professional Skills is admittedly underwhelming for 5 BP. But so is a single extra point of Logic for 10 BP. It allows you to default to a 1 and gives you a single extra die on Memory Tests and one more die on the single Active Skill you have that is linked to it. That's... pretty terrible. So skip the quality if you want, but keep in mind that a Logic of 2 is kind of a crappy use of points as well, particularly given that you haven't maxed out Hardware yet. And as has been mentioned, you're over the limit on Kinesics, so you could actually afford to take Eiditic Sense Memory as well if you're genuinely worried about memory tests. Logic simply isn't a very good attribute if you're not a tech wiz or hermetic.

+Quote Post
Teryon
post Oct 6 2010, 06:08 AM
Post #9

Moving Target

Point. Ill take it and run with it; only real reason Im going with it is because they decided to make maglocks not use intuition like most of the other talents for B&E, and Im not sure a maglock passkey will actually work most of the time. Better to at least have something I could throw Edge at, eh? Actually not worried about memory tests merely maglocks and the like. Went with Improved reflexes 1 and juggled a few others around, I can pick up some more useful stuff later after 4-5 months. Wish there wasnt a limit on kinesics tho..

+Quote Post
Ard3
post Oct 6 2010, 01:12 PM
Post #10

Moving Target

Member No.: 15,220

QUOTE (Teryon @ Oct 6 2010, 02:02 AM) *
Ork

Body 3

Orks star with Bod 4 and I didnt see anything that would affect it.

+Quote Post
sabs
post Oct 6 2010, 01:47 PM
Post #11

Prime Runner

Member No.: 18,649

You have a commlink and no image link.
And no datajack, so the only way for you to get a call is if you're wearing trodes?

You have no shadowing skill, no disguise(less important) and no ability to pick pockets, lift stuff.. anything.

You're a face, who can kinda sneak maybe.

+Quote Post
Teryon
post Oct 6 2010, 02:54 PM
Post #12

Moving Target

Rectifying the imagelink and stealth skillset thing. As for no datajack...well, no, considering it`ll cost me an entire essence point for one measly little implant, Ill just deal with keeping a tube of nanopaste trodes on me.

+Quote Post
sabs
post Oct 6 2010, 02:56 PM
Post #13

Prime Runner

Member No.: 18,649

Image link is plenty, you don't really need to go full VR ever with that character.
But yes, nanopast trodes is plenty. I was just pointing out you had no interface with your commlink.

+Quote Post
Teryon
post Oct 6 2010, 03:00 PM
Post #14

Moving Target

Couldve *sworn* I had it built in, hell I have AR gloves as well...meh, I blame the hour at the time.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:00 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.