IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SMH 2010 - Appetite for Vengeance -- Special Holiday Mission Event!
Bull
post Oct 19 2010, 08:57 PM
Post #1

Grumpy Old Ork Decker

Group: Admin
Member No.: 50

"It could be the solution to the problem of world hunger. Or it could just solve the problem of a few people having far less nuyen than they want.

There's a new breakthrough in food science, a plant that can grow rapidly in almost any climate and could solve food shortages across the globe. It could be the breakthrough of the century, which means it's worth an awful lot to some of the Sixth World's powers. Mr. Johnson's about to drag you into this mess--it's up to you to see what you can get out of the whole thing. And survive, of course.

Appetite for Vengeance is a new scenario that will give players fun wile also giving them a chance help out a local food bank. A canned food donation gets you in the game; additional donations let you re-spend already spent Edge points during the run. This holiday season, pull a run to help you those in need! For more details, check out www.catalystdemos.com and www.shadowrun4.com."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bull
post Oct 19 2010, 08:57 PM
Post #2

Grumpy Old Ork Decker

This is a special themed event we're doing in conjunction with the Catalyst Demo Team this year. It's a brand new event, and will only be run during the months of November and December. Check the CDT site for games that might be running in your area, or sign up and volunteer to run one yourself! Heck, if you have the gaming community, run it more than once.

For now, the adventure is only available for Gamemasters running this event through the CDT website to promote the canned food drive. One of the CDT Agents is coordinating Gamemasters who need help connecting with a food bank in their area. On top of that, for anyone who plays in this event, there is a unique item that they can get as a reward!

This is a great charity, and there are a great many people around the world who are going hungry, so even one game can help out a family this holiday season. So please, come out and play and bring a lot of canned goods, take advantage of the extra Edge you can spend! And if you don't have an Agent running events in your area, this is a great time to sign up and become one!

Bull

+Quote Post
Bull
post Nov 8 2010, 03:28 AM
Post #3

Grumpy Old Ork Decker

Update: SMH 2010 "Appetite for Vengeance" has been posted to the CDT Agent site! All Agents should schedule an event at their local Firebase and grab this adventure and run it! Help out a worthy cause by playing Shadowrun! Win/Win! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Bull

+Quote Post
Mesh
post Nov 8 2010, 03:37 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,443

I will be at Game Theory in Raleigh, NC at 1:30pm on 11/20, for the running of this Mission.

Mesh
author

+Quote Post
Bull
post Nov 8 2010, 10:51 PM
Post #5

Grumpy Old Ork Decker

Whats the details, Mesh? I'll post it to the Missions facebook page (Or, if you're on FB, you can (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) )

+Quote Post
Mesh
post Nov 9 2010, 02:55 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

QUOTE (Bull @ Nov 8 2010, 06:51 PM) *
Whats the details, Mesh? I'll post it to the Missions facebook page (Or, if you're on FB, you can (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) )

Not on FB, but here's the link to the Meetup:

http://www.meetup.com/Game-Theory/calendar/15384990/

We're going to try to run at least two tables at Game Theory in Raleigh, NC starting at 1:30pm on Saturday, November 20th. Come out, join us, meet the Mission writer, and help raise canned goods for the Food Bank of Central & Eastern North Carolina!

Thanks!

Mesh

+Quote Post
Neurosis
post Nov 10 2010, 05:16 PM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 19,000

I will try to play this if it is run anywhere remotely near me.

Also, there is a typo in the topic title.

+Quote Post
Mesh
post Nov 10 2010, 05:35 PM
Post #8

Moving Target

I know. It's an embarrassing one, too. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/embarrassed.gif)

Mesh

+Quote Post
KarmaInferno
post Nov 11 2010, 03:44 AM
Post #9

Old Man Jones

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 1,699

I would love to play this, and would bring a case of canned goods just because, but nobody near the upper Westchester area of New York seems to run Shadowrun anymore.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/frown.gif)

-k

+Quote Post
Bull
post Nov 11 2010, 06:20 AM
Post #10

Grumpy Old Ork Decker

See if you can set something up and run it yourself at a local FLGS? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Also, fixed the typo (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Bull

+Quote Post
Neurosis
post Nov 18 2010, 05:48 PM
Post #11

Moving Target

Member No.: 19,000

QUOTE (KarmaInferno @ Nov 10 2010, 10:44 PM) *
I would love to play this, and would bring a case of canned goods just because, but nobody near the upper Westchester area of New York seems to run Shadowrun anymore.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/frown.gif)

-k

Whaaaat? Are you kidding me!?

KarmaInferno, that's where I live!

+Quote Post
KarmaInferno
post Nov 19 2010, 12:18 AM
Post #12

Old Man Jones

Member No.: 1,699

Huh. Been trying to find SRM in the area for ages, the only places I've seen it is at Connecticon and Anonycon, both times run by the same GM.

I get most of my play time at Origins and DragonCon.

-k

+Quote Post
Shaidar
post Dec 31 2010, 01:01 PM
Post #13

Moving Target

Member No.: 19,262

Anyone know or any groups or players near Seattle, Washington. The real one not in the game.

+Quote Post
hermit
post Jan 19 2011, 09:11 AM
Post #14

The King In Yellow

Member No.: 7,121

Is this for download somewhere? The event is over, and it sounds interesting enough.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 12:44 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.