Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Weapons for the wee lads, Pixie weapons
Sesix
post Oct 20 2010, 03:57 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,498

I did a search on forums, and well I didn't find anything there, and I can't seem to find any info in the books, but is there anything on Pixie size weapons and less dmg or something because of how small they are?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Summerstorm
post Oct 20 2010, 04:02 AM
Post #2

Running Target

Member No.: 17,225

Well... per RAW they just need weapons in fitting size. (May cost more) And that's it. Yes that is totally and utterly weird.

A Pixie can use LMG's, Rocket launchers, Claymore/Zweihänder swords, can run around in 16/14 heavy milspec armor and everything.

They just have less strength and body which may limit them a bit. (But they still are FUCKING STRONG - easily as strong as a normal adult human).

I say: break their strength and body completely.. and take down the logic bonus. I HATE PIXIES. (Yes, that may have something to do with one of my players playing a pixie mage).

EDIT:
Ah and not to forget: If you use the combat rules from the arsenal you get even a modifier to shoot them, because they are so small. (While they have a boost to reaction). So yeah, they are vicious little troll-killers.

+Quote Post
Sesix
post Oct 20 2010, 04:04 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,498

Lol, thats funny because I am making a Pixie Mage. I was wanting to give him crossbows and a shotgun. Doing a kind of druid/hunter-tracker Pixie Mage.

+Quote Post
Summerstorm
post Oct 20 2010, 04:09 AM
Post #4

Running Target

Well then... prepare to get angry looks from your gm a lot *g* Or be denied that race.

being small in SR is just pure goodness. (Getting concealment, which you can have at will and always, combined with good stealth makes you nearly undetectable too).

At least vampires and nosferatu have to pay for their awesomeness... but pixies... sigh.

+Quote Post
KarmaInferno
post Oct 20 2010, 04:26 AM
Post #5

Old Man Jones

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 1,699

About the only size-related cost modifier listed in the books is +50% to Lifestyle.

-k

+Quote Post
Summerstorm
post Oct 20 2010, 04:56 AM
Post #6

Running Target

Nah, page 310, Sr20A: Size customization. Only Dwarves and trolls get really mentioned (And price range from 110 to 125%). But it also says: GM says what's what.

+Quote Post
KarmaInferno
post Oct 20 2010, 05:02 AM
Post #7

Old Man Jones

Ah, most GMs I know just use the 150% cost for everything because the Sapient Critters are considerably more extreme in required customization than dwarfs or trolls.

And it's likely most of that customized gear has the Evo logo on it.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

-k

+Quote Post
Yerameyahu
post Oct 20 2010, 05:12 AM
Post #8

Advocatus Diaboli

Member No.: 14,282

Bleh. It's as if they added Pixies as a PC race without really thinking it through. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) That, and RC on flying things of all kinds.

I agree: 150% *at least*, and some things (many things) just aren't physically possible.

+Quote Post
Summerstorm
post Oct 20 2010, 05:13 AM
Post #9

Running Target

Hm, forgot about the critters. Yes 150% it is *g*. (And for other stuff even more. I know i would charge a crapton of money for nanotrodes and such for a pixie.)

+Quote Post
KarmaInferno
post Oct 20 2010, 05:36 AM
Post #10

Old Man Jones

Many pixies that even bother to do Matrix stuff probably use Nanopaste.

I have a pixie character that attempted to manually fire a fellow runner's full sized Predator pistol once. It... didn't end well.

(rolled a critical glitch, which is not hard when rolling two dice. And yes, for her it was like firing a rocket launcher)

-k

+Quote Post
Neraph
post Oct 20 2010, 05:40 AM
Post #11

Great Dragon

Member No.: 16,387

QUOTE (The FAQ You Guys Still Refuse To Read)
Can pixies really wield guns and stuff as big as they are?

Due to their size and low Strength scores, pixies are not able to easily use most metahuman-sized weapons. As stated on p.84 of Runner's Companion, many items of normal equipment may need to be modified for non-metahuman sapient critters, which includes any weapon or item that common sense suggests would be too large for the pixie to wield; a little bit of practical research with a similarly sized doll suggests that anything bigger than a knife or hold-out pistol is unwieldy.

As further guidelines, gamemasters may choose to apply the Small Target, Misfit Weapon Size, and Dwarfs and Large Melee Weapons rules (p.161, Arsenal) to pixie characters.

+Quote Post
KarmaInferno
post Oct 20 2010, 05:59 AM
Post #12

Old Man Jones

Yeah, in my case Agi 7 got knocked down by -2 (wrong size), -1 (defaulting), and -2 (GM special Really Wrong Size).

Two dice left. No Edge remaining. Took the shot anyhow.

A few moments later, rest of team was wondering where the pixie had got to, only to wear a weak, "guys, little help" coming from a hole in the drywall behind where she'd been standing.

-k

+Quote Post
Yerameyahu
post Oct 20 2010, 06:02 AM
Post #13

Advocatus Diaboli

You'd think her Logic would have been high enough not to try. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Teryon
post Oct 20 2010, 06:05 AM
Post #14

Moving Target

Member No.: 19,072

Meh, logic dosent always preclude one from doing dumb things. My whole life is proof of that...

+Quote Post
Yerameyahu
post Oct 20 2010, 06:16 AM
Post #15

Advocatus Diaboli

Or is it? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) Hehe. Anyway: damned Pixies!

+Quote Post
Makki
post Oct 20 2010, 07:24 AM
Post #16

Running Target

Member No.: 18,036

Monofilament Whips have been invented especially for Pixies and their high Agi and Edge

+Quote Post
The Jopp
post Oct 20 2010, 10:11 AM
Post #17

Runner

Member No.: 948

For the wee lads I suggest small arms that are logical to their size.

Most weapons needs the metahuman customization to fix hand grip or in some cases weapon size.

For a pixie I would go with a hand crossbow with neurostun bolts or Stick N Shock Bolts

Alternatively if you like melee get a pixie adept with a spear or monowhip rolling 20+ Dice

+Quote Post
Makki
post Oct 20 2010, 11:02 AM
Post #18

Running Target

Member No.: 18,036

you can always add electronic firing and trigger removal

+Quote Post
The Dragon Girl
post Oct 20 2010, 01:01 PM
Post #19

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,410

QUOTE (KarmaInferno @ Oct 20 2010, 01:02 AM) *
Ah, most GMs I know just use the 150% cost for everything because the Sapient Critters are considerably more extreme in required customization than dwarfs or trolls.

And it's likely most of that customized gear has the Evo logo on it.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

-k

Nah- Novotech specifically hires, gives corporate SINs to and makes gear for pixies, so a mix of the two

+Quote Post
KarmaInferno
post Oct 20 2010, 01:55 PM
Post #20

Old Man Jones

This is true, we can thank Celedyr for that.

-k

+Quote Post
Irion
post Oct 20 2010, 02:34 PM
Post #21

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 18,860

First of all: Increased Lifestile costs for Pixies?
NO, just NO.
They may have a one Room apartment and fit in a fucking swimming pool. Their need for food is limited, compared to trolls or humans.
And so on and so forth. Clothing may be the only problem.

So I think they should pay less. But you have to see and consider the problems and drawbacks.
Their refrigerator is the smallest available model. While this is a good thing considering energy consumption, there won't be much room for "stuff if friends come over".
Well, alcohol is another problem. It is complicated enough to get your Water stored. I guess most pixies won't have some beer, because how should they drink it?
I guess a bottle of Jägermeister is possible.

The advantages and disadvantages of the race should be revisited.
They should have less health boxes, then a human with the same BODY-attribute. (This disadvantage already exists and is used for gnomes as far as I know)
They should get their reach modified -2 or -1 and of course they should get more recoil.

+Quote Post
KarmaInferno
post Oct 20 2010, 02:36 PM
Post #22

Old Man Jones

QUOTE (Irion @ Oct 20 2010, 10:34 AM) *
First of all: Increased Lifestile costs for Pixies?
NO, just NO.

Well, them's the rules.

But ultimately it's up to your GM.

My pixie does end up buying a lot of stuff for 1:4 scale dolls.

-k

+Quote Post
Doc Chase
post Oct 20 2010, 02:46 PM
Post #23

Runner

Member No.: 18,688

QUOTE (KarmaInferno @ Oct 20 2010, 03:36 PM) *
My pixie does end up buying a lot of stuff for 1:4 scale dolls.

-k

Mattel made a comeback in my games. So did Power Wheels.

+Quote Post
Ed_209a
post Oct 20 2010, 03:02 PM
Post #24

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,128

Irion has a very valid point regarding living space, but generally small creatures eat _more_ calories per pound than larger creatures. IIRC, this is because they lose so much more heat to the square-cube law than larger creatures.

I would keep the lifestyles the same. Pixies' lesser space requirements could equal out the greater food requirements. You just have to realise that your Pixie runner with the Medium lifestyle has likely turned a 1-room efficiency into a comfortable 3-level condo with a vaulted living room to entertain in. (and they shop for furniture at Toys-R-Us, not IKEA.)

+Quote Post
Stingray
post Oct 20 2010, 03:30 PM
Post #25

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,002

QUOTE (Ed_209a @ Oct 20 2010, 06:02 PM) *
Irion has a very valid point regarding living space, but generally small creatures eat _more_ calories per pound than larger creatures. IIRC, this is because they lose so much more heat to the square-cube law than larger creatures.

I would keep the lifestyles the same. Pixies' lesser space requirements could equal out the greater food requirements. You just have to realise that your Pixie runner with the Medium lifestyle has likely turned a 1-room efficiency into a comfortable 3-level condo with a vaulted living room to entertain in. (and they shop for furniture at Toys-R-Us, not IKEA.)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Why Pay full cost of Lifestyle when u can just share lifestyle and paying 10 % cost (600 y/mnt
for high lifestyle)(and rolling starting cash for 1 year worth of rent)
Pixies are Critters,not metahumans and so not able to get SIN (exept Criminal)..so sharing a crib
(w/some with SIN) makes sense.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:29 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.