IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rhino Waresuites, 3 Suites, 2 Options, and won't break the bank!
PresentPresence
post Oct 22 2010, 03:51 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,106

I was generous with the Essence and Nuyen cost modifiers to simplify without going too crazy.

Formally, the Rhino Waresuites were developed for those environmentalists looking to stand out and look tough. Informally, they are ideal for radical eco-terrorists looking for some extra bulk when they take out their next poaching ring. Each suite provide one additional dice to social tests with "environmentalists," but one less in all other social tests.

[ Spoiler ]

Wouldn't mind some feedback. By the way, I know that Cyberware is not meant to be combined with Bioware in a suite (or skillsofts for that matter). That is why I have named it a Waresuite. I don't want it to be broken, however. Really, this is more of a fun thinking experiment, and I doubt a GM would allow the multipliers anyway. Dang GMs with their rules.

This post has been edited by PresentPresence: Oct 22 2010, 03:52 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ascalaphus
post Oct 22 2010, 12:16 PM
Post #2

Runner

Member No.: 17,814

Rhinoplasty? Seriously?

The problem with combining bio and cyber in a suite, is that it plays havoc with the normal computation of whether bioware or cyberware essence costs should be halved.

+Quote Post
TheScrivener
post Oct 22 2010, 10:10 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,993

Yeah, that's really the only real balance issue.. still totally possible in one surgery, perhaps have the suite at an Essence discount and it never gets halved? Like 10-15%? Just a thought.

As far as the idea goes, I'm totally putting this in an NPC.

+Quote Post
Karoline
post Oct 23 2010, 04:43 PM
Post #4

Great Dragon

Member No.: 17,652

Very nice suites.

I suggest though that you don't do any sort of half off discount, simply put it down as being X cyberware essence and Y bioware essence, and people will halve their entire cyberware or bioware essence at the end like they normally will. No reason to build the half cost discount into the ware.

I suppose I will take a moment to point out that bioware suites don't exist.

Also, do Rhinos really have a good sense of smell? I suppose most animals have a better sense of smell than we do.

+Quote Post
Sixgun_Sage
post Oct 23 2010, 10:51 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,783

QUOTE (Karoline @ Oct 23 2010, 12:43 PM) *
Very nice suites.

I suggest though that you don't do any sort of half off discount, simply put it down as being X cyberware essence and Y bioware essence, and people will halve their entire cyberware or bioware essence at the end like they normally will. No reason to build the half cost discount into the ware.

I suppose I will take a moment to point out that bioware suites don't exist.

Also, do Rhinos really have a good sense of smell? I suppose most animals have a better sense of smell than we do.

most of their senses are really good with the exception of sight, due to positioning and just generally poor sight in fact they are largely blind to alot of stuff right in front of them.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 08:15 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.