IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Recoil compensation for drones/vehicules guns ?
IKerensky
post Oct 25 2010, 12:11 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,622

Hello,

what amount of recoil does a gun fixed on a drone/vehicule compensate by being on a fixated position ? none ? any ? all ?

Also I think I remember that heavy weapons dont double recoil when shooted from a fixed position, does them ?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Summerstorm
post Oct 25 2010, 12:39 PM
Post #2

Running Target

Member No.: 17,225

Standart rule is: None recoil at all, whatever you do (Fullauto, Heavy Weapon).

Optional rule. and often use: Add body of drone to the recoil compensation of the gun.

+Quote Post
jakephillips
post Oct 25 2010, 04:36 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,852

QUOTE (IKerensky @ Oct 25 2010, 07:11 AM) *
Hello,

what amount of recoil does a gun fixed on a drone/vehicule compensate by being on a fixated position ? none ? any ? all ?

Also I think I remember that heavy weapons dont double recoil when shooted from a fixed position, does them ?

We use the optional rule that a Drone or vehicle that you get recoil comp equil to the body of the vehicle. So a bulldog step van gets lots of recoil but a storm cloud drone that is a balloon with sensors only has 1 or 2.

+Quote Post
sabs
post Oct 25 2010, 04:45 PM
Post #4

Prime Runner

Member No.: 18,649

Btw how do you rule for vehicles with multiple weapons?

+Quote Post
Jaid
post Oct 25 2010, 05:01 PM
Post #5

Great Dragon

Member No.: 7,813

QUOTE (sabs @ Oct 25 2010, 12:45 PM) *
Btw how do you rule for vehicles with multiple weapons?

technically you can only have one weapon system active at a time.

(technically, i think that's a crock of bovine excrement, but that's what the rules say).

anyways, i would rule that as being applied per gun, personally. i'm not envisioning a bulldog step van being shifted around too much even by a pair of ares alphas on full auto, you'd have to use something pretty danged big in terms of a gun to move a van substantially, and it would take a *lot* of small-arms fire to generate enough recoil for a delivery-van sized vehicle to be affected by it.

+Quote Post
KarmaInferno
post Oct 25 2010, 05:19 PM
Post #6

Old Man Jones

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 1,699

Yeah, recoil for small arms except at extremely large ammo sizes isn't going to move anything rigid with decent mass.

Recoil affects humans because we're flexible, really. When a round goes off, the shooter's body moves, allowing the firearm to shift and throwing off the aim.

This does raise an interesting point that I've brought up before, but shouldn't heavily cyberlimbed individuals be less affected by recoil? A "tin man" should be able to momentarily "lock" his limbs when firing to provide a rigid mount effect.

-k

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 06:10 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.