Yerameyahu
post Oct 28 2010, 09:38 PM
Post #1

Advocatus Diaboli

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,282

http://mobile.slashdot.org/story/10/10/28/...e-Borne-Sensors
TFA:
The researchers at ECIT are investigating how small sensors carried by members of the public, in items such as next generation smartphones, could communicate with each other to create potentially vast body-to-body networks (BBNs).

The new sensors would interact to transmit data, providing 'anytime, anywhere' mobile network connectivity.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hobgoblin
post Oct 29 2010, 05:53 AM
Post #2

panda!

Member No.: 2,242

only thing missing is goblinization and magic, as both asshole corps (and governments) and high tech is ready to roll. We even have "punks" turning the tech against its own creators. Just observe wikileaks in action. Or someone recording abuses of power on their phone and uploading it to youtube.

+Quote Post
Yerameyahu
post Oct 29 2010, 05:56 AM
Post #3

Advocatus Diaboli

I guess you haven't seen Jersey Shore. Goblinization, check.

+Quote Post
hobgoblin
post Oct 29 2010, 05:58 AM
Post #4

panda!

As the location says, Europe is technically where i reside.

+Quote Post
Yerameyahu
post Oct 29 2010, 06:00 AM
Post #5

Advocatus Diaboli

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Then the disease hasn't spread across the ocean yet? There's still a chance for humanity!

… Or maybe that's just evidence of powerful wards. Magic, check!

+Quote Post
hobgoblin
post Oct 29 2010, 06:05 AM
Post #6

panda!

all them old runes still pack a punch i guess (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

heh, just had a "oh crap" kind of moment now. Reading about in-vehicle infotainment and find myself thinking that with a bit of goodwill a small van could be used as something of a apartment (minus the kitchen and bathroom). Especially once electric drive removes the need for a bulky gearbox and shaft to take up the middle space. Just make the front seats rotating, some kind of pack away table for the center area and perhaps some way to fold a couple of the seats into bed like objects. End result, a small living area complete with entertainment.

May explain the rigger with a street lifestyle and a tricked out van (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
phlapjack77
post Oct 29 2010, 08:17 AM
Post #7

Runner

Member No.: 18,611

QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Oct 29 2010, 02:05 PM) *
all them old runes still pack a punch i guess (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

heh, just had a "oh crap" kind of moment now. Reading about in-vehicle infotainment and find myself thinking that with a bit of goodwill a small van could be used as something of a apartment (minus the kitchen and bathroom). Especially once electric drive removes the need for a bulky gearbox and shaft to take up the middle space. Just make the front seats rotating, some kind of pack away table for the center area and perhaps some way to fold a couple of the seats into bed like objects. End result, a small living area complete with entertainment.

May explain the rigger with a street lifestyle and a tricked out van (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

You def. can fit a kitchen (fridge/stove/sink) in a small van. My brother had one of the VW campers (pop-top) back in the day. Had everything you mention above. Bathroom is just an open door away (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:35 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.