Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Karoline
post Nov 6 2010, 05:03 AM
Post #2

Great Dragon

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,652

Strength 3 on Grant? That seems a bit high. And given his army of drones, I'd imagine a Mechanic rating of higher than 3. And a lower firearms. I've never seen him (effectively) fire a weapon. And you forgot his middle name, Danger.

Still think Jamie would have a lower athletics group. And likely lower driving too. A 5 driving would be like a nascar driver or something.

Edit: I wonder how you do motion sickness in SR, because he and Adam are both famous for having that.

+Quote Post
Aku
post Nov 6 2010, 05:13 AM
Post #3

Running, running, running

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 6,769

Well, i didnt think about it on Jamie, but thats why (partially) i gave grant Weak Immune system... granted it's not EXACTLY the same, but i think in essence, it covers it well. As for mechanics 3 or 4.. well, i was trying to keep it within starting ranges.... And i think firearms 2 is alright for him, maybe 1... but there have been a few episodes where he's gotten to do some firing...

Jamie i've given driving 5 because 1) it seems like he drives EVERYWHERE and he does OWN his own racebike (from what i could tell from the recent episode with them trying to rip a tablecloth off a 60 some foot long table...)

+Quote Post
hobgoblin
post Nov 6 2010, 05:25 AM
Post #4

panda!

Member No.: 2,242

QUOTE (Karoline @ Nov 6 2010, 06:03 AM) *
Edit: I wonder how you do motion sickness in SR, because he and Jaime are both famous for having that.

Adam savage is the guy with the "famous" motion sickness issues, not Jamie hyneman.

+Quote Post
Aku
post Nov 6 2010, 05:29 AM
Post #5

Yea, good catch.. Grant is also squeamish, although, his is more water and bug based, i think...

+Quote Post
ShadowPavement
post Nov 6 2010, 11:42 AM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,431

QUOTE (Aku @ Nov 6 2010, 05:29 AM) *
Yea, good catch.. Grant is also squeamish, although, his is more water and bug based, i think...

And lets not forget Grant's love of puppies. I'm sure there is a quality for that somewhere (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

+Quote Post
Aku
post Nov 6 2010, 01:07 PM
Post #7

Next up, and this one i REALLY struggled with, i donno, i've got a lot of room left for points, but i donno, maybe that makes sense for secondary stars?

CODE
Kari "The Hottie" Byron,

Human

B:2 A:4 R:4 S:2 C:5 I:4 L:4 W:3 E:3

Athletics:3
Artisan:6
Chem: 1

Qualities: Pacifist, mild and Common Moderate Allergy (meat)

As i finished this, it occured to me it depends on WHEN these are being built for, time period wise. In todays world, i think being a vegan is harder than it would be in 2070, so i went with common allergy....

+Quote Post
Karoline
post Nov 6 2010, 06:01 PM
Post #8

Great Dragon

Yeah, did say Jamie instead of Adam by mistake, good catch.

I think Tori would be one of the more interesting ones to try and make. Despite how stupid he sometimes acts on the show, he is also obviously very smart (made a jet engine out of household parts.) I'm sure he has at least one or two compulsions.

Oh, and you should include their various phobias. Grant has a phobia of 'small things touching him' and Tori has Acrophobia. Jamie knows no fear!

+Quote Post
Tanegar
post Nov 6 2010, 11:59 PM
Post #9

Runner

Member No.: 9,731

I'm pretty sure Jamie is actually a particularly well-adjusted cyberzombie.

+Quote Post
Mongoose
post Nov 7 2010, 01:13 AM
Post #10

Moving Target

Member No.: 227

QUOTE (Karoline @ Nov 6 2010, 07:01 PM) *
Oh, and you should include their various phobias. Grant has a phobia of 'small things touching him' and Tori has Acrophobia. Jamie knows no fear!

Not true at all. Jamie has a rather major and debilitating fear of heights, which is well documented in several episodes of Mythbusters. Really sucked when I took him as my PC in a post-apocalyptic game, since one of the other characters was a hot air balloon pilot. Everybody else would be shooting stuff from the balloon or rappelling down into abandoned buildings, I'd be whacked out on drugs.

+Quote Post
Karoline
post Nov 7 2010, 01:23 AM
Post #11

Great Dragon

Okay, he does have acrophobia now that I think about it, outlined in the falling from a bridge episode where he is at the top of the crane. Of course, given that he was hanging onto a crane several hundred feet above the water, testing a myth about just how deadly it is to fall into water, I think he had a very good reason to be afraid.

I'd say it isn't that major and debilitating though. Maybe moderate, maybe even just mild. Or maybe moderate but he has a willpower of 5 (see pain episodes).

+Quote Post
Malbur
post Nov 7 2010, 05:45 AM
Post #12

Target

Member No.: 19,075

QUOTE (Karoline @ Nov 6 2010, 12:03 AM) *
And a lower firearms. I've never seen him (effectively) fire a weapon. And you forgot his middle name, Danger.

Actually there was that episode where he dove around a corner (cop movie style) and managed to pull off a pretty nice grouping with a pistol. Anyone remember that one?

+Quote Post
Aku
post Nov 7 2010, 01:22 PM
Post #13

That was Toriy i think, not grant.... <goes to double check>... yep Grant fired around the corner via an aiming mechanism, Tory did the leap out and bang bang...

+Quote Post
Mongoose
post Nov 7 2010, 02:32 PM
Post #14

Moving Target

Member No.: 227

QUOTE (Karoline @ Nov 7 2010, 01:23 AM) *
Okay, he does have acrophobia now that I think about it, outlined in the falling from a bridge episode where he is at the top of the crane. Of course, given that he was hanging onto a crane several hundred feet above the water, testing a myth about just how deadly it is to fall into water, I think he had a very good reason to be afraid.

I'd say it isn't that major and debilitating though. Maybe moderate, maybe even just mild. Or maybe moderate but he has a willpower of 5 (see pain episodes).

Watch the movie myths episode where they test they do a "bouncing of a building awning" test by hucking buster off the side of a building above some awnings. Jamie can't even approach the edge of the roof. He admits he knew he was afraid of heights, but is surprised by his reaction. Botched test, maybe?

And yes, he pretty obviously has a high willpower, making such a botch less likely.

I tend to confuse my PC (which was randomly generated, then tweaked within the limits of the game system) with the real Jamie. The more so, because I wrote Mr. Hyneman an e-mail asking for advice on what he'd do in our game, and he answered (months later) with pretty much exactly what I had done!

+Quote Post
Karoline
post Nov 7 2010, 03:24 PM
Post #15

Great Dragon

QUOTE (Aku @ Nov 7 2010, 08:22 AM) *
That was Toriy i think, not grant.... <goes to double check>... yep Grant fired around the corner via an aiming mechanism, Tory did the leap out and bang bang...

Yeah, Grant tried blind firing around a corner and missed horridly. I think it was a doable shot, just required alot of skill with firearms and a good grasp of 3d visualization.

@Mongoose - Awesome that he replied to you.

+Quote Post
Malbur
post Nov 7 2010, 04:55 PM
Post #16

Target

Member No.: 19,075

QUOTE (Karoline @ Nov 7 2010, 10:24 AM) *
Yeah, Grant tried blind firing around a corner and missed horridly. I think it was a doable shot, just required alot of skill with firearms and a good grasp of 3d visualization.

@Mongoose - Awesome that he replied to you.

My mistake, it's been a while since I've seen that one so my memory isn't as perfect as one would hope. Good catch though (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Karoline
post Nov 7 2010, 05:59 PM
Post #17

Great Dragon

QUOTE (Malbur @ Nov 7 2010, 11:55 AM) *
My mistake, it's been a while since I've seen that one so my memory isn't as perfect as one would hope. Good catch though (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

No worries. I tend to watch mythbusters in general a ton. Have all the episodes on DVD and watch them on netflix alot (Don't know why when I have the DVDs, but I like using netflix to watch it). Very few episodes I haven't seen at least a half dozen times (Not counting the newest season obviously).

Edit: Watching them on Discovery right now actually (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 10:35 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.