Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Something I just noticed.., regarding metatype bonuses
Zyerne
post Nov 9 2010, 12:09 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,556

During chargen, one of the big changes to SR4 over earlier additions is that the stat increases are factored in but the stat reductions have been changed to stat cap reductions.

Earlier editions, all the metatypes got an overall 3 point bonus over humans, now it varies from 3 to 8, favouring trolls.

I know this has been discussed to death, certainly from the orks are better than humans perspective,but..

I just noticed that in Contacts and Adventures there is a table for metatypes that essentially uses the rules from earlier editions.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
pbangarth
post Nov 9 2010, 01:17 AM
Post #2

Old Man of the North

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 5,463

I didn't notice that table's difference before. Thanks. It could be a hold over from an earlier version. Not like that has ever happened, before, eh?

+Quote Post
Karoline
post Nov 9 2010, 01:34 AM
Post #3

Great Dragon

Member No.: 17,652

QUOTE (pbangarth @ Nov 8 2010, 08:17 PM) *
I didn't notice that table's difference before. Thanks. It could be a hold over from an earlier version. Not like that has ever happened, before, eh?

What, old versions influencing the new version? Nevah!

+Quote Post
pbangarth
post Nov 9 2010, 01:38 AM
Post #4

Old Man of the North

Member No.: 5,463

I was thinking less of influence and more of "forgot to change the table".

+Quote Post
Zyerne
post Nov 9 2010, 01:43 AM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,556

Well, did SR3 trolls get +4 str from SR2 or the +5 as per SR4? If the SR3 trolls were the same as SR2 they had to at least update the table.

Using the table is probably easier than saying "add to these, reduce these if they go over caps"

I personally prefered the old way of doing things for PCs but that's another issue entirely.

+Quote Post
KarmaInferno
post Nov 9 2010, 03:14 PM
Post #6

Old Man Jones

Member No.: 1,699

QUOTE (pbangarth @ Nov 8 2010, 08:38 PM) *
I was thinking less of influence and more of "forgot to change the table".

Well, it's also a table for NPCs, not PCs.

I saw it as a quick and dirty way to adjust the average attribute ratings to match the racial tendencies.

I mean, if a stat is normally 3 to 8, the average is probably going to be 5 or 6, a +2 over most baseline humans. So the table just puts it as +2.

-k

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:58 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.