Bioware:
Enhanced Articulation
Muscle Aug: 2
Muscle Toners: 2
Sleep Regulator

Cyber:
Attention Coprocessor: 3
Bonelacing Plastic
Cybereyes (Rating 3, w/ Low-Light, Thermographic, Flare Compensation, Vision Magnification, Vision Enhancement 2 and Smartlink)
Datajack
Dampener
Dermal Plating: 2 (Alpha)
Internal Airtank
Radar Sensor: 2
Skillwire: 2
Wired Reflexes (Alpha) w/ Reaction Enhancer: 2

Armor:
-Armor Jacket(w/ Fire and Non-Conductive Protection Rating 3)
-Chaemealon Full Suit(w/Chem Protection 2 and Insulation 4)
Helmet

Contacts:
Fixer: 2/2
Smuggler: 1/1

Weapons:
Cougar Fineblade (short)
Tomahawk
-Ruger Super Warhawk(Smartlinked) w/60 rounds Ex-Ex and Gel, Concealable Holster
-Ak-97 Carbine(Smartlinked): w/ Gast Vent 3, 4 clips each regular and gel rounds, Sound Supresser
-Ares Alpha Combat Gun: w/shock pad and 10 clips each regular, gel, and Ex-Ex ammo, and 6 Flash-Bang mini-grenades, Sound Supresser
-Remington 990 Shotgun (Smartlinked): w/ 80 rounds fletchette and gel
-Walther MA-2100 Sniper Rifle: w/ 30 Ex-Ex rounds

Explosives
3 commercial explosives,
rating 6 foam explosive,
3 detonator caps,

Electronics
Sony Emperor Commlink w/ Redcap Nix OS, Subvocal Mic and Skinlink,
Tag Eraser,
White Noise Generator rating 4,

Middle Lifestyle(1 month),
Harley-Davidson Scorpion

2x Fake IDs(rating 4 each),
Fake Licences(5 at rating 4-
Small Arms, Automatics, Motorcycle, Cyberware and Bladed Weapons),

Any thoughts?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
klinktastic
post Nov 21 2010, 03:41 AM
Post #2

Running Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,442

In debt 5 is really bad. You have to pay it off in nuyen and karma. Never worth it.

Also, you have a lot of stuff that could be put in an cyber arm for less overall essense (I think). Might be smarter to roll that way.

+Quote Post
Raiki
post Nov 21 2010, 03:49 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 19,080

I would have to agree. Unless you don't mind being in the pocket of whoever you borrowed from for pretty much the entire game, then it becomes fine.

The rest of the build looks fairly solid, though. I would personally drop the heavy weapons and stealth group (who needs palming and disguise anyway?), and take those 16 points to get Infiltration 2 and Shadowing 2, but that's just my personal preference really.

~R~

+Quote Post
Karoline
post Nov 21 2010, 03:51 AM
Post #4

Great Dragon

Member No.: 17,652

First a standard warning of mine:
Be careful with in-debt. Some GMs will expect you to pay karma to get rid of it when you pay it off. This can be crippling for character growth.

Other than that, I'd suggest some positive qualities. Maybe drop some specializations and pick those up with karma in order to get some positive qualities. Specs cost 2 BP or 2 karma, and since karma is usually 2:1 with BP, it is generally a good idea to save specs for in game. Up to you though.

Should point out that enhanced articulation is only improving your athletic and stealth skill group. Not sure if you realize that or not.

Otherwise looks like a very well rounded character.

Oh, and I'm not sure what exactly
Wired Reflexes (Alpha) w/ Reaction Enhancer: 2
means. Is that wired reflexes 2 and reaction enhancer 2 or what?

+Quote Post
Chance359
post Nov 21 2010, 04:15 AM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 313

I have no problem with In Debt, I realize that the character wont live long enough to collect the karma to buy off the flaw.

I've discussed with my GM and enhanced articulation (which has been debated to no end other places) is said to cover Physical skills and skills linked to physical attributes, it does in fact give bonus to the majority of skills I use.

It's Wired Reflexes: 1 (alpha) /w Reaction enhancers: 2.

I want the heavy weapons skill to be a tiny bit effective with the grenade launcher.

+Quote Post
Karoline
post Nov 21 2010, 04:18 AM
Post #6

Great Dragon

QUOTE (Chance359 @ Nov 20 2010, 11:15 PM) *
I've discussed with my GM and enhanced articulation (which has been debated to no end other places) is said to cover Physical skills and skills linked to physical attributes, it does in fact give bonus to the majority of skills I use.

Actually it says that it gives a bonus to Physical skills (the category) which are linked to physical attributes. Not and skills linked to physical attributes.

I'm reasonably sure that there is consensus on what this applies to.

Edit: Usually when a debate comes up it is someone who played previous editions that assumed it worked the same as previous editions instead of actually reading it carefully. As I said, think it usually comes out to everyone agreeing that it means Physical skills the category and not physical skills as in any skill that is physical. There is after all little point in mentioning 'physical skills' if it didn't mean the category, because a physical skill is basically defined by the second half of the requirement, being linked to a physical attribute.

+Quote Post
Chance359
post Nov 21 2010, 04:24 AM
Post #7

Moving Target

Again since it's been beaten to death else where, I'll just say, our table, our version.

though it does beg the question, what could I do with the 40K I'd get back.

+Quote Post
Raiki
post Nov 21 2010, 04:26 AM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 19,080

QUOTE (Chance359 @ Nov 21 2010, 01:15 AM) *
I have no problem with In Debt, I realize that the character wont live long enough to collect the karma to buy off the flaw.

Ah. I didn't realize that this was a throwaway character. In that case, skimping on stealth skills for heavy weapons seems just fine. Actually, if the character just plans to have one Blaze of Glory type run, then I'd say nix the negotiation, stealth, and unarmed combat skills for a full 6 in heavy weapons. If it's going to be one big boom, it might as well be REALLY big. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

~R~

+Quote Post
Karoline
post Nov 21 2010, 04:27 AM
Post #9

Great Dragon

Well, if you trade in that and your alpha wired and maybe your reaction enhancers, you could grab synaptic boosters. That'd free up a ton of essence for various other ware. Give you way more options for improvement once game starts.

+Quote Post
klinktastic
post Nov 21 2010, 04:38 AM
Post #10

Running Target

Consolidate the Wired Reflexes, Skillwires 2, and Reaction Enhancers for MWB I

+Quote Post
Chance359
post Nov 21 2010, 04:41 AM
Post #11

Moving Target

He's not disposable, but I don't see him living a long time at TR: 6.

+Quote Post
klinktastic
post Nov 21 2010, 04:55 AM
Post #12

Running Target

And, its either cyber eyes 4 or none at all. If you go 3, get the band.

+Quote Post
klinktastic
post Nov 21 2010, 05:00 AM
Post #13

Running Target

And, personally, consolidate you melee to clubs, improved, and melee harden your guns, forget strength, and carry a stun baton.

+Quote Post
Chance359
post Nov 21 2010, 05:17 AM
Post #14

Moving Target

I think I'm gonna go with the move by wire replacement. I'll also drop heavy weapons and the Ares Alpha in exchange for an M-23 for a ton of recoil comp.

I prefer knives over clubs, "Guns for show, knives for a pro"

+Quote Post
klinktastic
post Nov 21 2010, 05:35 AM
Post #15

Running Target

The MBW is a good call. I noticed you don't have much in the way of dodg/gymnastics. Typically, people opt with gymnastics + synthacardium + reflex recorders or something to pump the dodging ability. Oh yeah, um make them used standards. Little more essense (but it's halved again) and half cost. Definitely worth it.

+Quote Post
Glyph
post Nov 21 2010, 06:34 AM
Post #16

Great Dragon

Member No.: 1,449

QUOTE (Chance359 @ Nov 20 2010, 08:24 PM) *
Again since it's been beaten to death else where, I'll just say, our table, our version.

With your table's version, I don't think you could get a better value. That's why it was a must-have in SR3.

On the dodge or gymnastics issue, don't forget that MBW I will give you +1 to your dodge skill if you go that route.

+Quote Post
klinktastic
post Nov 21 2010, 06:45 AM
Post #17

Running Target

Alternatively, and this is just an idea, since you only have 'wares giving you +1 IP, could do the whole combat drug route. It would save you a lot of cash and essense, which you could use to upgrade your plastic bones to ceramic and maybe add platelet factories or synthacardium or something.

+Quote Post
Karoline
post Nov 21 2010, 02:41 PM
Post #18

Great Dragon

QUOTE (klinktastic @ Nov 21 2010, 01:45 AM) *
Alternatively, and this is just an idea, since you only have 'wares giving you +1 IP, could do the whole combat drug route. It would save you a lot of cash and essense, which you could use to upgrade your plastic bones to ceramic and maybe add platelet factories or synthacardium or something.

Drugs would go well with a character that isn't expected to live long anyway. Maybe throw in some mild addictions (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
klinktastic
post Nov 21 2010, 03:57 PM
Post #19

Running Target

Again, this is something you can ask your GM as to how he wants to handle it, but here's a 'wares combo I thought up for an Ork.

Attention Co-Processor 3
Platelet Factories
Reaction Enhancer 2
Touch Link
Sythacardium 3
Cyber Eyes 4 - Fully loaded (or partially loaded, to be filled out with extra goodies later)

Obvious Full Right Arm - custom body 3, custom agility 3, enhanced agility 3, strength 1, armor 2, cybergland (or autoinjector), cyberarm gyromount, orientation system and either 1) radar 4 or 2) olfactory booster 3 (also, could put in an airtank 1 instead of orientation system)

This does a couple things for you. The cyberarm is now a 9 agility arm, meaning, if your GM approves, all weapons should be handled by the agility of the limb being used. Meaning agility 9 + skill 6 + specialization 2 + smartlink 2 = 19 dice (+/-) any other modifiers. Also, you have built in 2/2 armor, lots of recoil comp, and some perception enhancing stuff.

Total cost for the about is ~120k, meaning you have a lot of cash to play with. For another 22.5Kand 15 BPs, you can give yourself Will to Live 3 and Damage Compensators 3, meaning you ignore the first 6 points of damage worth of penalties.

+Quote Post
Whipstitch
post Nov 21 2010, 04:53 PM
Post #20

Runner

Member No.: 10,386

QUOTE (Chance359 @ Nov 21 2010, 12:24 AM) *

Nothing worth giving it up. Your GM is basically handing out dice like candy with that common but still mistaken interpretation, so it's just best to take advantage of it-- Enhanced Articulation is literally an extra die (that stacks with everything!) to 30+ skills the way you guys are interpreting it. Frankly, I'll never understand how Enhanced Articulation ever even became a debate, to be honest. "Tests involving Physical skills that are linked to Physical attributes" isn't exactly vague. There's even a table and skill lists by category.

+Quote Post
Thanee
post Nov 21 2010, 05:05 PM
Post #21

jacked in

Group: Admin
Member No.: 463

QUOTE (klinktastic @ Nov 21 2010, 05:55 AM) *
And, its either cyber eyes 4 or none at all. If you go 3, get the band.

Maybe he doesn't want that Geordi LaForge look? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Bye
Thanee

+Quote Post
Squinky
post Nov 21 2010, 05:16 PM
Post #22

Running Target

Member No.: 7,377

It's just a carry over misconception from 3rd. The folks at my table did it too till I walked up with my rules lawyer self and ruined the day.

Klink, when referring to ignoring damage modifiers, don't forget each cyberlimb adds another point.

Also, if he was using any weapon that requires the use of two hands, wouldn't his agility need to be averaged? It would rock with pistols, machine pistols and SMGs, but be meh with rifle like weapons.

+Quote Post
klinktastic
post Nov 21 2010, 05:39 PM
Post #23

Running Target

QUOTE (Thanee @ Nov 21 2010, 01:05 PM) *
Maybe he doesn't want that Geordi LaForge look? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Bye
Thanee

Maybe not, but its hard to argue the value of 360 degree vision. With vision enhance 3, you don't suffer any penalties. Attention Coprocessor, you still have pretty good rolls to notice stuff behind you. At TR 6, being able to watch your own back might be worth the stupid look.

+Quote Post
PresentPresence
post Nov 21 2010, 05:41 PM
Post #24

Moving Target

Member No.: 19,106

Olfactory Booster in a cyberarm? Really? I figured the capacity was for a cyberskull. But, RAW is RAW, no matter what the flavor text says.

+Quote Post
Sengir
post Nov 21 2010, 06:11 PM
Post #25

Great Dragon

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 17,709

QUOTE (Chance359 @ Nov 21 2010, 05:24 AM) *

If you follow the "must be in the 'Physical Skills' list AND linked to a physical attribute" interpretation, get a Synthcardium (for Athletic tests) and Reflex Recorders (Stealth skill group).

Also, I'd prefer a Cybertorso to Dermal Plating. It provides the same hardened shell, just with more upgrade options...best ask your GM if he allows headware with Capacity ratings in other locations (well, except Olfactory Sensors (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) ).

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 12:36 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.