IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How much does one unit of Orichalcum weigh?
Semerkhet
post Nov 22 2010, 06:10 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,079

I can't find any reference in Street Magic that doesn't just use the generic term of "units." Anyone know of a better reference in the SR books? I was going to use 1 unit = 1 kilogram. Using the density of brass* as a guide, a chunk about 5 centimeters square weighs 1.0875 kg.

*The scholarship on the Ancient and Classical period references to orichalcum suggest that it was probably a naturally occurring alloy of brass.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Doc Chase
post Nov 22 2010, 06:48 PM
Post #2

Runner

Member No.: 18,688

I always considered 'unit' by weight, not by area. One unit of Orichalcum could easily weigh a kilo, as that's how the units can be derived.

After all, when we talk about a haul of unrefined metal, do we say 1,063 chunks of ore? Or do we say 'a metric ton'?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

+Quote Post
sgtbarnes_ky
post Nov 22 2010, 07:08 PM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 18,766

I asked the same question last week, the responce I got was that 1 unit of orichalcum equaled 10 grams of radical ore, and 20 grams of refined ore, and the cost was 50,000 nuyen per unit of radical and 25,000 nuyen per unit of refined ore. so that's 5,000 per gram radical and 1,250 per gram refined. There was a thread on the subject, titled just Orichalcum

+Quote Post
MJBurrage
post Nov 23 2010, 02:33 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 11,507

One unit of oricalcum synthesized from other metals via alchemy weighs 10 grams. This is the same as radical oricalcum.

Since the comet exposed natural oricalcum in 2061, it has been possible to acquire refined oricalcum which weighs 20 grams per unit.

See Alchemy at the Sixth World Wiki for the value of metals in Shadowrun.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th April 2024 - 12:42 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.