Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bounty Hunter concepts and tips.
tim
post Dec 3 2010, 06:52 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,967

Hello, I recently got the oppurtunity to be part of a shadowrun campaign, and for one of the first times I am going to try to play a non-magical character. Namely, a Bounty Hunter. So far all I can think of is to fill up on cyberware like Cybereyes with tons of augmentations, Cyberears with lots of additions, and get sensors out the wazoo. And to get non-lethal weapons as a main form of combat. Anyone have any tips they could give me or some cool ideas?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Makki
post Dec 3 2010, 07:20 PM
Post #2

Running Target

Member No.: 18,036

non lethal weapons means electric damage most of the times. I will never recommend StickNShock, but for banning.
For melee, look at Stun Staff, with it's 2 range, it's pretty cool.

you want to be cool and professional like Boba Fett or direct and grumpy like the sample archetype in the core book?

+Quote Post
The Shuhite
post Dec 3 2010, 07:47 PM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 18,500

I have no idea whether it exist in SR4 but in SR3 there was something called a splat gun which immobilized an opponent and that was awesome.

+Quote Post
Aberrant
post Dec 3 2010, 07:50 PM
Post #4

Target

Member No.: 2,824

Maybe specialize in unarmed combat, with a specialty in subduing folks. Also, I am fairly certain there are rules for calling shots and doing stun damage, but I may just be imagining that from all the games that DO have that (and really, it would only work with clubs and some blades).

Also, a big ass shotgun loaded with gel rounds should drop a lot of folks, especially after 2-3 hits.

+Quote Post
Aberrant
post Dec 3 2010, 07:58 PM
Post #5

Target

Also, don't neglect the benefits of tranquilizers. A Dart Rifle or pistol and some narcojet will drop unarmed targets pretty damn quickly.
There's also flashbang grenades, and, if you are stealthy enough, I guess you could hit someone with a tranq patch

+Quote Post
SpellBinder
post Dec 3 2010, 08:04 PM
Post #6

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 17,653

One of the few times that the SINner negative quality might actually do you some good. Can make for a lot less hassle when dealing with the local LEOs if you ever have any legitimate work. Maybe even have a contact with the same.

Arsenal has some interesting toys too that can help a bounty hunter with holding their captive. Particularly if you have to deal with an awakened bounty. You certainly do not want to skimp on restraints and containment as you never know when you'll have to deal with an awakened troll that someone wants behind bars.

Regarding the shotgun with gel rounds, you could always go with capsule rounds instead. Same cost, same effectiveness save the extra knockdown gel rounds have, and you've got the option of loading the capsule rounds up with drugs to help sedate the target at a distance (as opposed to sneaking up close to slap a stun patch).

+Quote Post
tim
post Dec 3 2010, 08:10 PM
Post #7

Target

Er, I just had a bit of a change of plans. The idea has now gone from Bounty Hunter, to Crazy Doctor that sells bodies on the black market to ghouls and recently was broken out of jail. Anyone happen to know prices on bodies for different metatypes?

As for combat stuff, I think ill go with guns useing tranq darts or something along that line. Possiblt tasers, but who knows? Might even try to find a way to make grenades with drugs that disperse in the air to take out groups.

+Quote Post
SpellBinder
post Dec 3 2010, 08:19 PM
Post #8

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 17,653

You'll want to look into splash grenades (Arsenal, page 37). Otherwise it would be a matter of modifying smoke grenades.

As for body prices, sorry, don't know there. But don't forget that with this direction you're going, but it seems that people are gonna lose a lot of blood. Might wanna look into bagging it to sell to vampires and the like.

+Quote Post
Kliko
post Dec 3 2010, 08:33 PM
Post #9

Shooting Target

Member No.: 12,403

Contacts, lots of contacts, some matrix skills relating to tracking people around... how are you going to find your mark?

+Quote Post
tim
post Dec 3 2010, 08:51 PM
Post #10

Target

QUOTE (Kliko @ Dec 3 2010, 04:33 PM) *
Contacts, lots of contacts, some matrix skills relating to tracking people around... how are you going to find your mark?

Went off from the bounty hunter idea somewhat, looking for info on organ legger type stuff now.

Shadowrun wouldnt happen to have dart guns anywhere, would it? I have yet to see them.

+Quote Post
Aberrant
post Dec 3 2010, 08:57 PM
Post #11

Target

QUOTE (tim @ Dec 3 2010, 09:51 PM) *
Went off from the bounty hunter idea somewhat, looking for info on organ legger type stuff now.

Shadowrun wouldnt happen to have dart guns anywhere, would it? I have yet to see them.

IT does. They are in the Anniversary rulebook and in Arsenal.

+Quote Post
tim
post Dec 3 2010, 08:57 PM
Post #12

Target

QUOTE (Aberrant @ Dec 3 2010, 04:57 PM) *
IT does. They are in the Anniversary rulebook and in Arsenal.

Sweet mother of god yes......

+Quote Post
Aberrant
post Dec 3 2010, 09:07 PM
Post #13

Target

QUOTE (tim @ Dec 3 2010, 09:57 PM) *
Sweet mother of god yes......

But remember, they require an exotic weapon skill. Also, I am not sure if they have ANY mounts for accessories.

+Quote Post
tim
post Dec 3 2010, 10:24 PM
Post #14

Target

QUOTE (Aberrant @ Dec 3 2010, 05:07 PM) *
But remember, they require an exotic weapon skill. Also, I am not sure if they have ANY mounts for accessories.

Could you please point me towards where they are? I checked and I dont see them anywhere

+Quote Post
klinktastic
post Dec 3 2010, 10:39 PM
Post #15

Running Target

Member No.: 12,442

You could ask your GM if you could mount a unbarrel dart launcher under your assault rifle. Also, SnS, Gel, and narcojet grenades are all good stun damage dealers.

+Quote Post
Glyph
post Dec 4 2010, 07:09 AM
Post #16

Great Dragon

Member No.: 1,449

In addition to opening up a lot of potential complications for your character, I'm not really sure how practical selling bodies to ghouls would be. Blind, feral scavengers don't often have a lot of money on hand, and those ghouls who are relatively rational can get a much better deal working for Tamanous. And bodies, in a dystopian future populated by SINless with no rights, are probably not too hard for people to come by. For a butcher doc, getting cyberware and bioware out of people will be where he makes his money.

+Quote Post
Manunancy
post Dec 4 2010, 08:49 AM
Post #17

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,940

I'd also strongly advise to check with the GM and the other players if they're Ok with the concept. From what little you mentionned, it sounds like your character wasn't merely harvesting available corpses but also making them available.

Which would place hims squarely behind many runner's moral event horizon, with the added issue that it's not someone a samy with 200K worth of implanted 'ware would trust to fix him rather than put him to sleep and cut apart.

+Quote Post
Kliko
post Dec 4 2010, 10:45 AM
Post #18

Shooting Target

Member No.: 12,403

Your character could be a repo-man for cyberware (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
capt.pantsless
post Dec 4 2010, 02:57 PM
Post #19

Moving Target

Member No.: 19,032

QUOTE (tim @ Dec 3 2010, 04:24 PM) *
Could you please point me towards where they are? I checked and I dont see them anywhere

Parashield Dart Rifle/pistol: Page 320 in SR 4 20th Anniversary Core rulebook. See also page 324 for the rules on injection darts.

+Quote Post
tim
post Dec 4 2010, 07:52 PM
Post #20

Target

QUOTE (capt.pantsless @ Dec 4 2010, 10:57 AM) *
Parashield Dart Rifle/pistol: Page 320 in SR 4 20th Anniversary Core rulebook. See also page 324 for the rules on injection darts.

Is there a non-anniversary one? If not, could someone post the info on it please? I dont have the anniversary core book unfortunately.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:29 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.