IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Perception & Barriers, Penalties And Such?
Ramaloke
post Dec 5 2010, 09:21 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,202

Are there any published penalties for using perception from say, the room over from the one full of the guys I want to shoot (through the walls)?

Im trying to make a character based on the Sorter from Revolver and it was one of his big tricks. Right now I've got a toon with 8 Edge, 5 Intuition, 6 In perception and enough sensorware to notice nearly anything (14 Dice Pool).

I cant seem to find the penalties for say, hearing somebody walking down the hallway outside the room or on the floor above us or what have you.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Summerstorm
post Dec 5 2010, 09:30 PM
Post #2

Running Target

Member No.: 17,225

You will want to get a internal (or carried) radar sensor for looking through walls.

Or you could have a microdrone inside spotting for you (with indirect fire - tacnet rules)

Other than that, i guess, the gm can deny you any direct knowledge based upon visual perception.

MAYBE you can just "hear" through thin walls, or measure vibrations. Appropriate penalties are in the perception-section of the rules (and mainly the gm just tells you IF possible... and how many dice you lose)

For example to hear muffled sounds (like behind a thin wall or something), which is far away, and you don't actively listen for it AND you are in fight. would be around -9, needed three hits at least.

+Quote Post
Ramaloke
post Dec 5 2010, 09:38 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 19,202

Wow! That radar sensor is exactly what I needed! Now my character'll be able to pick up near anything of import. Thanks a bunch!

+Quote Post
Mäx
post Dec 5 2010, 10:30 PM
Post #4

Prime Runner

Member No.: 15,628

QUOTE (Ramaloke @ Dec 5 2010, 11:38 PM) *
Wow! That radar sensor is exactly what I needed! Now my character'll be able to pick up near anything of import. Thanks a bunch!

Yeah there's no much reson to try to wink your hearing pool or what not hight enought to hear someone behind a wall when you can actually see through walls.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:08 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.