Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Instruction, How much can you teach?
dreddwulf1
post Dec 12 2010, 11:50 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,203

If I have a 1 or 2 in instruction but a 7 in another skill, can I teach someone my level of skill or just some of it?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Aku
post Dec 12 2010, 12:22 PM
Post #2

Running, running, running

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 6,769

Well, first, Kudo's to you for taking a skill that, as a runner, is largely impractical. But, onfortunately no. All the instruction skill does is provide extra dice based on your successes to the student. Since the person learning a skill doesnt make a test, the instruction dice arent used anywhere (barring GM house rules)

So, lets say you were a mage, and you Johny Fireball wants to learn how to cast stunbolt, cuz he just got fragged by a spirit. You know stunbolt, so you offer to help him learn it. You roll Charisma + Instruction, and get say, 2 hits. Those 2 hits equal 2 extra dice he gets to make on his spellcasting + intuition test to learn the spell.

+Quote Post
pbangarth
post Dec 12 2010, 03:22 PM
Post #3

Old Man of the North

Member No.: 5,463

You can Instruct someone else in the Skill they wish as long as your rating in that Skill is at least 3 and is equal to or higher than the rating the student wishes to achieve.

For every 2 hits you get in an Instruction + Charisma test, your student gets 1 extra die in his test to learn the Skill at the new rating. (see SR4A, p. 134)

+Quote Post
Aku
post Dec 12 2010, 04:06 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (pbangarth @ Dec 12 2010, 10:22 AM) *
You can Instruct someone else in the Skill they wish as long as your rating in that Skill is at least 3 and is equal to or higher than the rating the student wishes to achieve.

For every 2 hits you get in an Instruction + Charisma test, your student gets 1 extra die in his test to learn the Skill at the new rating. (see SR4A, p. 134)

well in sr4, i dont see any rules for the mentioned learning test...

+Quote Post
Dakka Dakka
post Dec 12 2010, 04:47 PM
Post #5

Prime Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,582

QUOTE (Aku @ Dec 12 2010, 05:06 PM) *
well in sr4, i dont see any rules for the mentioned learning test...

For spells it is in the SR4 book already for everything else it should be in the errata.

+Quote Post
Aku
post Dec 12 2010, 05:25 PM
Post #6

Ah, ok it is there.. sorry, then yes, you can, but it's not a huge benefit

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th April 2024 - 01:13 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.