Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Conjuring Metamagics, Metamagics for the summoner in your group
Kesendeja
post Dec 13 2010, 06:51 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,226

I play a summoner in the very long term game I'm involved in, and need some help with choosing his powers, and advice on a few I've created.

She's a grade 4, with the powers of Divination, Filtering, Centering and Ally. The next one I was taking was Invoking. Beyond that I don't really know what to take.

The power I want him to approve would basically let me summon an extra type of spirit, one that her tradition wouldn't normally allow, but I need some help with coming up with the rules.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
phlapjack77
post Dec 13 2010, 06:58 AM
Post #2

Runner

Member No.: 18,611

These aren't official "rules" but they were going to be (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

The "Notes Towards the Advanced Magic Sourcebook" linked in the thread has a metamagic about conjuring spirits outside of your tradition, I think.

New magic rules that never made it

+Quote Post
Tanegar
post Dec 13 2010, 06:58 AM
Post #3

Runner

Member No.: 9,731

What is your magician's tradition, and what additional type of spirit would you like her to be able to summon? That will determine whether your request is broken or not, and in turn how likely the GM is to approve it.

Also, how did you get Filtering without first taking Cleansing?

+Quote Post
Kesendeja
post Dec 13 2010, 07:13 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

I'm playing an elven 'seer' who can summon Beast, plant, guidance, water, air. I want to add earth, fire, and man to my repertoire. I'm more than willing to spend the extra karma to buy it multiple times. The GM is letting us by them outside of initiation.

As for the filtering, it was pure story that I got it before cleansing. He's doing an arch where we were exposed to a long term background count and let me take the filtering because of it.

+Quote Post
Tanegar
post Dec 13 2010, 07:33 AM
Post #5

Runner

Member No.: 9,731

Adding one additional spirit type is powerful enough. I would be extremely leery of allowing multiple types, and I suspect your GM will be as well, regardless of your willingness to spend karma on it.

+Quote Post
Kesendeja
post Dec 15 2010, 02:46 AM
Post #6

Moving Target

QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Dec 13 2010, 01:58 AM) *
These aren't official "rules" but they were going to be (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

The "Notes Towards the Advanced Magic Sourcebook" linked in the thread has a metamagic about conjuring spirits outside of your tradition, I think.

Found it very informative, my GM is going to let me start making some of the metamagics for use in out group.

+Quote Post
Kesendeja
post Dec 15 2010, 02:46 AM
Post #7

Moving Target

QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Dec 13 2010, 01:58 AM) *

Found it very informative, my GM is going to let me start making some of the metamagics for use in out group.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:35 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.