Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Recruitment - Escape from Aztlan, 'runners on the lam
Zyerne
post Dec 29 2010, 05:40 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,556

I'm looking for a small group (likely 3-4) of 'runners looking to get out of Aztlan. The basic pretext is this: They were hired to do a job in Aztlan, in which they were successful but their escape route has been compromised. With the Azzies on their tail, they now have to find an alternate way home.
The 'runners in question will all have a modicum of experience and have worked together at least once before.

Should the group prove successful and the players remain interested, I'll continue things on once they are back in friendly territory.

Character generation: 400BP + 20 Karma, applied after BP has been spent.

Initiation may be purchased with karma at the non-group rate. Adepts may take an additional PP instead of a metamagic.
Martial Arts quality (and only Martial Arts) may be purchased with karma, as an exception to the usual 35/-35 rule.
Any unused Karma may be kept, to a maximum of 10
Lifestyle must be purchased for a minimum of 2 months
One free contact per point of charisma, rating 2/1 or 1/2.

A note on gear: Don't bring anything too expensive to abandon if you have to.

Right now, this thread is for gauging interest and asking questions. If I get sufficient interest I'll open it up to character submissions.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
binarywraith
post Dec 29 2010, 06:07 PM
Post #2

Shooting Target

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 18,659

Seems like it could be interesting. Are you looking for more of a merc team who's outstayed their welcome down in the jungle, or boys from the big city now out of their element?

+Quote Post
Von
post Dec 29 2010, 06:14 PM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 16,515

This sounds awesome. I'm interested in this as long as there's Predator-like combat scenes.

+Quote Post
Mickle5125
post Dec 29 2010, 06:21 PM
Post #4

Shooting Target

Member No.: 14,433

certainly sounds interesting. Any thoughts on what the job was that the characters were on?

+Quote Post
Zyerne
post Dec 29 2010, 07:17 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Merc characters are welcome but it would be a runner team, likely shipped in from Seattle or Denver although other sprawls are an option.

As to the mission, it was a data extraction from a facility in Guadalajara. Play would start with the characters in a temporary safehouse, probably in Terreron.

+Quote Post
Mickle5125
post Dec 29 2010, 07:34 PM
Post #6

Shooting Target

Shadowrun 4A rules, I'm guessing?

Also, is Spanish the official language of Aztlan?

+Quote Post
Zyerne
post Dec 29 2010, 07:37 PM
Post #7

Moving Target

Yes and yes, although it's officially 'Aztlaner Spanish'

+Quote Post
Mickle5125
post Dec 29 2010, 08:07 PM
Post #8

Shooting Target

Well, I've got a couple characters I can throw into the arena.

First is a Master of Many Faces adept, a face character who specializes in being whoever he needs to be.

Second is a generic cybered-up street sam. Great for smashing things and people, average at a handful of other tasks.

Finally, I can put together a throwing adept.

Any preferences?

+Quote Post
BlackHat
post Dec 29 2010, 08:56 PM
Post #9

Great Dragon

Member No.: 7,180

Does sound interesting. I'd be curious (and usually someone asks) what books and options (metatypes,etc) are legal. I'd also be interested to know if you have any expectations of the sorts of challenges a group trying to escape would face. I expect there would be a good deal of opportunity for combat but, for example, would you expect hackers to have a reason to hack, much?

+Quote Post
Digital Heroin
post Dec 30 2010, 01:28 AM
Post #10

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 4,302

As someone looking to get back in the saddle, and with a lot more steady and routine time on my hands now, this seriously tweaks my 'oooh I'd like to play' senses. Mickle has already, as his first option, presented the possibility which came to mind first for me... but a tech-type, hacker or 'mancer, would be fun to play, too.

+Quote Post
Mickle5125
post Dec 30 2010, 01:45 AM
Post #11

Shooting Target

I'm not picky about any of those choices, DH. If you want one of them, I'm open for negotiations.

+Quote Post
Zyerne
post Dec 30 2010, 04:47 AM
Post #12

Moving Target

@Mickle: Any of those would work. As long as the characters would make a functional team I'm not so worried about individuals.

@Blackhat: It would largely depend on player plans. If there's a hacker on the team I'd imagine they'd be more likely to consider methods where a hacker would be useful. I'll certainly be tailoring things to the team makeup, it won't all be running from bloodmages (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Mickle5125
post Dec 30 2010, 05:01 AM
Post #13

Shooting Target

Sadly, I'm not familiar with Aztlan. Is there going to be a lot of wilderness hustling, or is it largely a massive urban sprawl?

Also: any limits on books?

+Quote Post
Zyerne
post Dec 30 2010, 05:10 AM
Post #14

Moving Target

It isn't a massive urban sprawl but the amount of wilderness hustling will depend on player plans. It's certainly too far from Torreron to any of the borders to slog the whole way on foot.

As to books, I don't have War! so anything from there will need to be by request. Other than that, I'm easy.

+Quote Post
Mickle5125
post Dec 30 2010, 05:16 AM
Post #15

Shooting Target

Well, right now, I'm leaning towards a poacher/street sam. Spends enough time in the wilderness to be able to survive out there, and built towards taking on tough prey.

+Quote Post
Mickle5125
post Dec 31 2010, 05:41 AM
Post #16

Shooting Target

Do you allow the breaking of skill groups during chargen?

+Quote Post
Zyerne
post Dec 31 2010, 12:48 PM
Post #17

Moving Target

Normally for BP builds I wouldn't but in this case yes, for karma expenditure only.

+Quote Post
Seth
post Jan 1 2011, 07:08 PM
Post #18

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 19,113

I would be very interested in this. I haven't played much pbp, but it sounds fun!

I am interested in playing either a technomancer, or a civil engineering mage called Mole(demolishes things, makes tunnels...).

Do we post builds in this thread?

A few character creation questions:
  • What sort of weapons / armour are we wearing (was it an infiltration op, or a full on hard-shell military black op with heavy weapons and armour)
  • Should we buy a vehicle, or are we on the run on foot
  • Have we left stuff at a safe house (change of clothes, fake ids / passports, lighter or heavier armour / weapons, vehicles)
  • Edit I assume there is no point buying a life style

+Quote Post
Digital Heroin
post Jan 3 2011, 06:45 AM
Post #19

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 4,302

Ok, I'm going to try my hand at re-creating my former corporate military Technomancer, specializing in comms, and electronic warfare. Seems he would be the type of hacker that'd work well behind enemy lines, and the fact he can make with the shooty doesn't hurt either. I should have the broad strokes done tomorrow afternoon, once I sleep off two days of travel.

+Quote Post
Seth
post Jan 3 2011, 03:34 PM
Post #20

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 19,113

Well if you are Technomancing Digital Heroin, I'll work on Mole the civil engineer.

+Quote Post
Mickle5125
post Jan 4 2011, 02:41 AM
Post #21

Shooting Target

Zyrene,

is this enough interest to warrant moving on to the character generation step?

+Quote Post
Zyerne
post Jan 4 2011, 10:16 PM
Post #22

Moving Target

QUOTE (Seth @ Jan 1 2011, 07:08 PM) *
I would be very interested in this. I haven't played much pbp, but it sounds fun!

I am interested in playing either a technomancer, or a civil engineering mage called Mole(demolishes things, makes tunnels...).

Do we post builds in this thread?

A few character creation questions:
  • What sort of weapons / armour are we wearing (was it an infiltration op, or a full on hard-shell military black op with heavy weapons and armour)
  • Should we buy a vehicle, or are we on the run on foot
  • Have we left stuff at a safe house (change of clothes, fake ids / passports, lighter or heavier armour / weapons, vehicles)
  • Edit I assume there is no point buying a life style

It was an infiltration op in decidedly hostile territory. Bring what you like, but be aware you might have to dump it.

Vehicles I'll leave up to you but again, you might have to dump them.

You could have left stuff at the safehouse when you went on the run itself, sure. Assume any gear you brought to Aztlan is at the safehouse with you, whether you took it on the run or not.

As to lifestyle, the 2 month thing is to prevent buying 1 month high to get free cash. If you'd all prefer to go lifestyleless let me know. There will be an upfront payment for the run you've just done so you'll have some cash available.

QUOTE (Mickle5125 @ Jan 4 2011, 02:41 AM) *
Zyrene,

is this enough interest to warrant moving on to the character generation step?

Sure, go for it. It'll be at least a week before I'm ready to start though so no rush.

+Quote Post
J. Packer
post Jan 4 2011, 10:45 PM
Post #23

Running Target

Member No.: 19,186

Room for one more? If nothing else, you know I'm a reliable poster. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Zyerne
post Jan 4 2011, 10:52 PM
Post #24

Moving Target

Think it's only 3 character suggestions been put foward so far, so yes, I think so.

Something for you all to consider is that the your characters will be a preestablished team so ideally, between them, they'll cover all the runner bases, with the possible exception of Rigger. If there's a glaring exception then the team will have lost a member during the run.

+Quote Post
J. Packer
post Jan 4 2011, 10:54 PM
Post #25

Running Target

Member No.: 19,186

Looks like thus far we have a technomancer, a civil engineer, and a poacher? I've got a mage concept I'd like to try out, I think.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 10:03 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.