Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How's this for a run idea
TheMadderHatter
post Jan 3 2011, 09:36 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,649

As I've said in previous posts, I have a group new to Shadowrun for whom I start DMing in about a month. As such, I'm working on ideas for little independent runs in addition to a more involved, reactive campaign. Below is one intended to get them used to SR4 and squicked out at the same time; thoughts, suggestions, and denouncements of my ability are all welcome.

Quality Control with Extreme Prejudice-

A rather balkanized organization dedicated to discreetly providing fresh metahuman flesh to the discerning ghoul has found that they're being bedeviled by a subsidiary disparaging their name by selling the meat of gangers pepped up on drugs and cheap booze until the meat becomes unpalatable, while the rest of the organization deals in "quality product untainted by such filth". Aware of their dependancy on positive word-of-mouth, they'd like the frauds responsible eliminated. However, they ARE still a subsidiary of the organization, and are therefore ostensibly entitled to its protection; the current internal political climate would make attempting to remove them internally problematic at best. Thus, they would like them to disappear--enter the shadowrunners.

J's willing to warn the groups in good standing off of any pile of bodies the PCs make, and notes that while a straight-up raid will work, he'd prefer if it looked like the result of shoddy practices: if they can find a way to get taken in, rather than breakig in, he'll up the runners' reward. That they work by shoveling anything without a discernable pulse into a hopper ought to give the PCs a clue; I'm leaving it up to them as to whether they seek employment with the organization, purchase of its product, or Slab.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Doc Chase
post Jan 3 2011, 03:18 PM
Post #2

Runner

Member No.: 18,688

Hmm. If the organization is as Balkanized to the point where one hand can run a stilleto through another and not get slapped down by the brain, then Shadowrunning might be the way to go with it. It's a workable idea, easy to squick people out on, and were I planning the mission I'd have a lot of friends in the ghoul community after I knockout gas that place and open up a 'Mancake Jamboree.'

There's something about this that's aggrivating my logic sensors. I wouldn't make it two parts of the same organization running against one another since an offense this egregious would've come back in to handle it themselves. It's akin to the salesmen on the Toyota Camry lot hiring thugs to break the windows of all the Toyota Corollas - they're both Toyotas, and the main organization is paying both ways for that. It's bad juju.

Small time, 'family frendly' organleggers feeding ghouls from a ready supply of those who have died in violence they haven't caused? Sure. All right. Another nastier organization moving in and trying to take over with dirty tricks? See, that I can get behind.

Perhaps I'm focusing entirely too much on another aspect of the run that isn't really necessary, but that's my logic circuit for you. In the end, it's a workable idea and I'd be curious to see what the players do.

+Quote Post
TheMadderHatter
post Jan 3 2011, 09:38 PM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 17,649

QUOTE (Doc Chase @ Jan 3 2011, 10:18 AM) *
Small time, 'family frendly' organleggers feeding ghouls from a ready supply of those who have died in violence they haven't caused? Sure. All right. Another nastier organization moving in and trying to take over with dirty tricks? See, that I can get behind.

Perhaps I'm focusing entirely too much on another aspect of the run that isn't really necessary, but that's my logic circuit for you. In the end, it's a workable idea and I'd be curious to see what the players do.

Excellent idea. I'm thinking I'll still use my original premise ostensibly, and eventually their legwork will determine that J is eliminating a lower-priced competitor rather than a misbehaving subsidiary. I had intended the organization to be more like a cartel anyway; your way makes more sense, though.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:59 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.