IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Need a little help on a rules issue..., My search-fu seems to be failing me...
Kyrel
post Jan 5 2011, 09:07 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,583

Guys! I could use a bit of help finding some rules I just can not seem to find in the books right now, despite giving it a fair try at this point.

I'm currently making a "Banshee" character (Mage, Magic 5) for a 4a ed. game, and that type of character, amongst other things, come with the powers and weaknesses:

Enhanced Senses, Hearing & Smelling
Vulnerability, Wood & Silver

I can not, for the death of me, find a clear game mechanic description of what exactly these powers and weaknesses do. It has to be in the books somewhere, but apparently I've grown bloody blind :-/ I'm betting, however, that the rules are staring me in the face somewhere, and I just can't "see the forrest for all of the trees...".

Rules state that the Magic stat is used with all the different powers. But does that mean that the Enhanced Senses basically just add +5 dice (Magic 5) to Perception tests concerning Hearing and Smelling? Or where the h**l do I find the exact mechanic rule(s) related to Enhanced Senses?

Also, where the devil are the rules for "Vulnerability"!? Obvious logic would suggest that the character takes extra damage from respectively Wood and Silver. But where are the ?)¤!(&?)( rules for it!!!?

Help pls.!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Aku
post Jan 5 2011, 09:10 PM
Post #2

Running, running, running

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 6,769

this is from original SR4, but enhanced senses is on page 288, (with critter powers)

+Quote Post
sabs
post Jan 5 2011, 09:14 PM
Post #3

Prime Runner

Member No.: 18,649

Enhanced Senses
Type: P • Action: Auto • Range: Self • Duration: Always
Enhanced Senses covers any improved or augmented senses
beyond the normal human range of awareness. This includes low-light
and thermographic vision, improved hearing and smell, heat-sensing
organs, natural sonar, and so on.

That's in the Power's section of SR4A

All the other powers are there.
Can't seem to find vulnerability myself.. maybe in Street Magic.

+Quote Post
Yerameyahu
post Jan 5 2011, 09:20 PM
Post #4

Advocatus Diaboli

Member No.: 14,282

Most of those are in Running Wild. Vulnerability, in particular.

I know I've answered this exact question on Dumpshock in the last 3 months, so don't forget about that aspect of your search-fu. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
Kyrel
post Jan 5 2011, 09:35 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

QUOTE (sabs @ Jan 5 2011, 10:14 PM) *
That's in the Power's section of SR4A

All the other powers are there.
Can't seem to find vulnerability myself.. maybe in Street Magic.

I found that one as well, but unless I'm mistaken, that particular entry only says that "Enhanced Senses" can cover any of the different sense enhancements. It does not, however, specify anything in particular. So with regards to a Banshee, which effects does "Enhanced Senses" mean exactly, when it comes to the mechanics. Because I simply don't believe that you get "every" sense enhancement related to Smelling and Hearing, because you have the Enhanced Senses power for those two senses. That's just so ridiculously powerful that I don't buy it.

Thanks for the reply though (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Udoshi
post Jan 5 2011, 09:38 PM
Post #6

Runner

Member No.: 17,566

Enhanced Senses is in the SR4 Faq. Perhaps one of the -useful- things in it. Basically, look in Running Wild's critter powers section for the full effect of enhanced senses.

+Quote Post
Kyrel
post Jan 5 2011, 09:41 PM
Post #7

Moving Target

QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Jan 5 2011, 10:20 PM) *
Most of those are in Running Wild. Vulnerability, in particular.

I know I've answered this exact question on Dumpshock in the last 3 months, so don't forget about that aspect of your search-fu. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Found your answer on the Vulnerability issue (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Thank you very much Yerameyahu.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:07 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.