Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dark Days in Denver [OOC]
Panjandrum
post Feb 13 2011, 05:48 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,332

For my approved players, please begin by posting a brief character sketch as you sit at a bar in the Hub district of Denver. The Hub is adjacent to the UCAS and Sioux sectors, but is accessible from at least one location by all four sectors, and serves as the downtown meeting place for many large corporations, and a nice neutral territory for those that live and work in the Front Range Free Zone.

Please indicate in your post which sector you live in - it's fine if everyone decides to be from the UCAS, but feel free to branch out if appropriate.

Once some of the character sketches are in, you can start building some history together. Feel free to improvise, as the world is laid out for us, but the details are sketchy. Invent people, businesses, and the like. You've been a team for a short time, with the core of you at least together for three missions already. Talk about those missions some, if you like, and feel free to give me interesting plot hooks sprinkled in the result.

The players for the game thus far are:

Thanee
Seth
BlackHat
Aria
Gobogen
Red-ROM

This ought to give us a chance to have a pretty solid little team, even where your intended characters overlap.

If you find that you're overlapping too much with someone, and want to tweak your concept, that's fine.

And this is of course the place to post your character sheet for us all to see as well.

So, get to it!

Oh, and a rule that some of you have heard, and others may not have - 10 free BP in contacts over and above the 400 starting. Keep the contact and loyalty ratings reasonable - I don't want you all to have a L6/C6 contact or two as it tends to skew the legwork. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Thanee
post Feb 13 2011, 07:12 PM
Post #2

jacked in

Group: Admin
Member No.: 463

Felice

Character Sheet
[ Spoiler ]

Bye
Thanee

+Quote Post
Aria
post Feb 13 2011, 07:20 PM
Post #3

Dragon

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 18,267

Masque - work in progress

- Still need to resolve contacts & knowledge skills
- Any comments welcome (slightly concerned that I'm trying to do too much and not really succeeding at one thing (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif) )
- Background needs finishing off...

[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
BlackHat
post Feb 13 2011, 09:54 PM
Post #4

Great Dragon

Member No.: 7,180

"Vice" - Final (?) Draft

Description:
[ Spoiler ]

Background:
[ Spoiler ]

Character Sheet:
[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
gobogen
post Feb 13 2011, 10:34 PM
Post #5

Running Target

Member No.: 5,686

Preacher will also join this fine crew.. his sheet is a work in progress

[ Spoiler ]

Edited out
[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
Seth
post Feb 14 2011, 06:57 PM
Post #6

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 19,113

Hi guys. Looking forward to playing with you.

Angel is nearly ready. I haven't played a technomancer before so any help greatly appreciated. Angel is physically pretty crippled, so I plan on spending most of my time not with you, or in my evo orderly.

Character
Race Human child, female age 12
[ Spoiler ]

Backstory
[ Spoiler ]

What Angel thinks of you others (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
[ Spoiler ]

I currently live in the UCAS area

If you don't mind, the way I met the rest of you is that I hired some or all of you to bust me out of a black research facility. This was 2 years ago, when I was 10. I am an adequate hacker, so long as I don't have to get involved in the fighting (I am about as good as fighting as you would expect a 12 year old to be).

I can run your tacnet (so if you can all have lots of sensors that would be good), and am quite happy for you to slave your commlink to me or not as you choose.

In the bar
[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
Red-ROM
post Feb 14 2011, 10:35 PM
Post #7

Shooting Target

Member No.: 16,787

Runt
[ Spoiler ]

Runt is living in the UCAS sector.

+Quote Post
Aria
post Feb 14 2011, 11:23 PM
Post #8

Dragon

Hmmm...3 mages, 2 illusion based, should be interesting (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
BlackHat
post Feb 14 2011, 11:59 PM
Post #9

Great Dragon

copy/pasted edits from above, in case people didn't catch them.

QUOTE (blackhat)
- @Preacher: I don't mind us both having Mind Probe, but it's very central to what Vice does (learning what his clients want, and with enough hits even uncovering subconscious desired they don't know, themselves). Since it features in your backstory, I'd say keep it. It might be a cool tool for him to prove (to himself, if no one else) that just about everyone is evil or at least sinful. (Something both of these mages can agree on). I'm also surprised that you didn't take some sort of prayer geas (either as a ritual that needs to be done every 24 hours, or as a gesture that must be done when spellcasting, or both). It seems to fit the concept well, if you're interested. [EDIT: Ahh, I guess if he believes he's getting magic from Satan, it wouldn't make sense if his magic went down if he didn't pray to god... and he probably wouldn't WANT to pray to Satan (if avoidable). In that case, never-mind the suggestion.]

- @ Wasp/Angel: From my (limited) experience with a TM, you might want at least one rank in electronic warfare. Whether you need to scan for a hidden node before cracking in, or trying to break some cheap encryption... as a TM you can thread up the CF, but without the EW skill, you can't even roll (since you can't default).

- Also, so far, 4/4 PCs are human?!? Glad to see it, but this is a Shadowrun first for me.

+Quote Post
BlackHat
post Feb 15 2011, 12:01 AM
Post #10

Great Dragon

QUOTE (Aria @ Feb 14 2011, 06:23 PM) *
Hmmm...3 mages, 2 illusion based, should be interesting (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I assume Masque is the other illusionist? Yes, should be interesting. Also, Vice is not a traditional illusionist, so I'm sure we'll be sufficiently different.

+Quote Post
BlackHat
post Feb 15 2011, 12:17 AM
Post #11

Great Dragon

QUOTE (Aria @ Feb 14 2011, 06:23 PM) *

Also, this way, astral travel/combat/etc might not be a sub-system that gets glossed over. When we do astral recon, half the team could come along. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
Red-ROM
post Feb 15 2011, 01:48 AM
Post #12

Shooting Target

Runt is a drifter at present, living out of a duffle bag. looking for money, connections, and answers to some personal questions. I could see him involved with springing the Technomancer. He's a decent hacker. Sort of a generalist, but he fits with Felice's talents like a puzzle piece. Similar backgrounds. Runt leaning to the build/repair side, and Felice leaning to the user end. Also, she has the people skills I lack (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
gobogen
post Feb 15 2011, 02:31 AM
Post #13

Running Target

Member No.: 5,686

Well this should be a fun team, very skilled, overall very powerful, slightly redundant, a bit overspecialized, and damn low in tanking capability. This last point will likely affect our typical approach preferring stealth (2 illusionists.. huh!?) and subtlety (3 mages, 2 hackers, 1 face!). Can't wait to get this thing started (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

By the way, Preacher would totally have done the extraction job for your character two years before, Seth. I think this is a good way to start the relationship between (all?) our characters. We should get started on run ideas for our past deeds together. When everyone is posted, I'll also put up a few likely first reactions of my character for each of the others, to get things started so that we get starting getting the feeling of an established team.

+Quote Post
Seth
post Feb 15 2011, 04:54 AM
Post #14

Neophyte Runner

I like unbalanced teams in most games. They tend to make it easy for the GM to give you a challenging time, and avoid that feeling of invulnerability that can spoil a game. I don't know how they work out in shadowrun, but I suspect we are about to find out.

Thanks for the advice on electronic warface, I have edited my character to have it.

Thanks also for the 10 pts on contacts.

I have now bought the cheapest pickup truck I could find. I think it will help if we have a way to move around other than Kombat Kabs (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I'll trick it out in game, if we get an opportunity.

+Quote Post
Seth
post Feb 15 2011, 08:40 AM
Post #15

Neophyte Runner

I'd like to suggest a few previous missions as per Panjandrum's request:

Taking an urgent parcel from Mr Johnson through a couple of checkpoints. We had to go through the ghoul tunnels to get there. The parcel was 1mx1mx1m, magically warded and surrounded in lead. We were lucky and didn't meet any ghouls. We think Mr Johnson might have been employed by a subsidiary of aztech.

Rescuing Mr Johnsons daughter from a Humanis Policlub breeding centre (think the moonies). Diversions lots of thermal smoke. Mr Vice had a lot of fun with his unmentionable spells, and got a bit carried away. I'm not sure how preacher reacted. This was not the quietest job in the world.

Industrial espionage: get the recipe of the new Aztech sushi-burger from their fast food research facility. We were slick, no one noticed. The recipe was posted on many blogs simulataneously which caused aztech to loose 2% of its share price for a week.

Demolish a warehouse at 12:01am, on April 29th. The client didn't care if there was collateral damage...Angel and preacher did, I don't know about you others. (Angel is ok at demolitions - 8die). Again we were pretty good, no one got hurt.

+Quote Post
Red-ROM
post Feb 15 2011, 11:44 AM
Post #16

Shooting Target

@ Seth: I didn't see the demolitions skill on your sheet. other skills not listed you might want, unarmed combat and pistols

Runt's Matrix persona is the black spy from Spy vs. Spy. and all his programs are cartoony like that. old fashion bombs and giant magnifying glass. that kind of thing

+Quote Post
Aria
post Feb 15 2011, 12:52 PM
Post #17

Dragon

I've updated my post to put Masque up, she still needs work and I've tried to tweak one or two things to avoid massive redundancy.

She probably only joined the group fairly recently (a previous version of her is about to kick Seth's arse in my Emerging Conflict game (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ork.gif) ). Perhaps she took over for Vice when he wasn't available and they all worked well enough together for you to ask her back?!?

Comments needed! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
BlackHat
post Feb 15 2011, 01:46 PM
Post #18

Great Dragon

QUOTE (Aria @ Feb 15 2011, 07:52 AM) *
Comments needed! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Love that someone took an honest-to-god addiction - and to eX no less. Vice will be happy to hook you up, if you happen to run low. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

I also noticed you have some Betel, but no addiction to it. Since the first time you take it you become addicted, if you're planning to dip into it, yourself, you might as well take a mild addiction off the bat.

+Quote Post
Aria
post Feb 15 2011, 01:49 PM
Post #19

Dragon

QUOTE (BlackHat @ Feb 15 2011, 02:46 PM) *
Love that someone took an honest-to-god addiction - and to eX no less. Vice will be happy to hook you up, if you happen to run low. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

I also noticed you have some Betel, but no addiction to it. Since the first time you take it you become addicted, if you're planning to dip into it, yourself, you might as well take a mild addiction off the bat.

Given it's an auto additiction (with no real drawbacks) I figured it wasn't really worth BPs, but yes, she'll have an addiction to that too (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
BlackHat
post Feb 15 2011, 02:07 PM
Post #20

Great Dragon

QUOTE (Aria @ Feb 15 2011, 08:49 AM) *
Given it's an auto additiction (with no real drawbacks) I figured it wasn't really worth BPs, but yes, she'll have an addiction to that too (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

It's probably not worth any BP, so good call. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
Saint Sithney
post Feb 15 2011, 03:37 PM
Post #21

Runner

Member No.: 17,722

QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Feb 14 2011, 05:48 PM) *
Runt is a drifter at present, living out of a duffle bag. looking for money, connections, and answers to some personal questions. I could see him involved with springing the Technomancer. He's a decent hacker. Sort of a generalist, but he fits with Felice's talents like a puzzle piece. Similar backgrounds. Runt leaning to the build/repair side, and Felice leaning to the user end. Also, she has the people skills I lack (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

You should switch your Chemistry skill form active to knowledge, really. The optional active version is for "If the use and abuse of chemicals is going to play a large role in your campaign, you may want to consider transforming Chemistry from a Knowledge skill to an Active Skill (part of the Technical skills category)" which, to me says "if you're a barrens gang cooking up bathtub crank..."

QUOTE (BlackHat @ Feb 15 2011, 06:07 AM) *
It's probably not worth any BP, so good call. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

It is if you play it as it's meant to be - a gateway drug to harder stimulants. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
Seth
post Feb 15 2011, 07:12 PM
Post #22

Neophyte Runner

I didn't see the demolitions skill on your sheet

Thats what tutor sprites are for (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I have 8 die on demolitions and almost any logic skills

Unarmed and pistols

I quite like the challenge of a character without. I am not sure if its viable, but I am going to try. I think that machine sprites can be good enough to save my ass, but we'll have to see.

Thanks for the feedback.

+Quote Post
BlackHat
post Feb 15 2011, 07:17 PM
Post #23

Great Dragon

@Seth: Curious if Mr. Chips/Sleaze/Gremlin are bound sprites, or if you plan to just call up sprites that go by those names as needed.

+Quote Post
BlackHat
post Feb 15 2011, 07:32 PM
Post #24

Great Dragon

QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Feb 14 2011, 05:35 PM) *
2 doses Overdrive
10 doses cram
10 sticks Betel gum

Just noticed Runt is carrying drugs too. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Pleased to see it.

+Quote Post
Thanee
post Feb 15 2011, 08:05 PM
Post #25

jacked in

Group: Admin
Member No.: 463

JUNKIES!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grinbig.gif)

Bye
Thanee

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 03:32 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.