IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is there a transcript of Dunkelzahn's first interview?, It seems like there should be
ggodo
post Feb 25 2011, 08:28 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 21,972

I'm looking for a transcript of Dunkelzahn's first interview, any ideas for what book that's in?
I seem to recall seeing it in a book I don't own.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lantzer
post Feb 25 2011, 04:50 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,335

I doubt it. I think that interview was 6 hours long?

+Quote Post
Fortinbras
post Feb 25 2011, 09:45 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 14,589

The interview was mentioned in the very first edition of the BBB, and I can't find anywhere that republished it in it's entirety. References and snippets are made everywhere from DotA to Cyberpirates!. What is it you are trying to find from the interview?

+Quote Post
ggodo
post Feb 25 2011, 11:01 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

QUOTE (Fortinbras @ Feb 25 2011, 01:45 PM) *
The interview was mentioned in the very first edition of the BBB, and I can't find anywhere that republished it in it's entirety. References and snippets are made everywhere from DotA to Cyberpirates!. What is it you are trying to find from the interview?

I'm mostly just fluff hunting. Trying to give new players a feel for the world, and I thought The Big D could help a bit. I will work on tracking down quotes from it though. I was wondering if there was a master copy somewhere that would have a decent chunk of it.

+Quote Post
Fatum
post Feb 26 2011, 01:06 AM
Post #5

Runner

Member No.: 17,589

I feel that OOC descriptions work better for player introduction; once the basics are down, time to move to more IC things.
The reasoning behind that is that IC fluff tends to be controversial and prone to centering over minutia while skipping the larger picture which is supposed to be known to the reader already.

+Quote Post
MJBurrage
post Feb 26 2011, 07:04 AM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 11,507

Not the original interview, but a nice in game article none-the-less:

+Quote Post
ggodo
post Feb 26 2011, 11:22 AM
Post #7

Moving Target

QUOTE (Fatum @ Feb 25 2011, 05:06 PM) *
I feel that OOC descriptions work better for player introduction; once the basics are down, time to move to more IC things.
The reasoning behind that is that IC fluff tends to be controversial and prone to centering over minutia while skipping the larger picture which is supposed to be known to the reader already.

Yeah, I've done that rundown, I was mostly getting into the different dragons and since Dunk had the most media presence I'd be able to find something 'in his words' about his view of the world.

Also, thanks MJburrage for the article, I'll check that out.

+Quote Post
Fatum
post Feb 26 2011, 11:26 AM
Post #8

Runner

Have you already pointed your players towards Dragons of the Sixth World?
Eh, just in case.

+Quote Post
ggodo
post Feb 26 2011, 12:03 PM
Post #9

Moving Target

QUOTE (Fatum @ Feb 26 2011, 03:26 AM) *
Have you already pointed your players towards Dragons of the Sixth World?
Eh, just in case.

Pointed them at it, but haven't seen a copy of it in a store. My group is mostly new to Shadowrun in general and SR4 in specific, and I wasn't the guy who owned the books when I played, so the sum total library is terribly small. I've been picking up books used from my bookstores, but it's a slow accumulation. I'll hunt that one down next.

+Quote Post
Draco18s
post Feb 26 2011, 03:57 PM
Post #10

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 16,392

QUOTE (ggodo @ Feb 26 2011, 07:03 AM) *
Pointed them at it, but haven't seen a copy of it in a store. My group is mostly new to Shadowrun in general and SR4 in specific, and I wasn't the guy who owned the books when I played, so the sum total library is terribly small. I've been picking up books used from my bookstores, but it's a slow accumulation. I'll hunt that one down next.

All else fails: nab a PDF.

+Quote Post
Fatum
post Feb 26 2011, 06:03 PM
Post #11

Runner

QUOTE (Draco18s @ Feb 26 2011, 06:57 PM) *
All else fails: nab a PDF.

QUOTE (Rules)
5. No posts that contain pirated materials, requests for pirated materials, or advocacy of pirating are permitted.

So I won't in any way suggest looking through torrent sites, where horrible things like collections as big as a hundred scanned books can be found.
I also won't speak of the many gaming forums, anonymous boards and what have you, where you can find links to said pdfs or ask to have them uploaded.

+Quote Post
Fortinbras
post Feb 27 2011, 12:19 AM
Post #12

Moving Target

Check your local Half Price Books. There are few in DFW after I cleaned out everything from Burleson to Denton, but your local Half Price probably has tons. It's where FASA and GURPS go to die.

+Quote Post
ggodo
post Feb 27 2011, 08:41 AM
Post #13

Moving Target

QUOTE (Fortinbras @ Feb 26 2011, 04:19 PM) *
Check your local Half Price Books. There are few in DFW after I cleaned out everything from Burleson to Denton, but your local Half Price probably has tons. It's where FASA and GURPS go to die.

I don't know what Half Price Books is, but I've been rummaging my local used books stores for one.

+Quote Post
TheOOB
post Feb 28 2011, 08:14 AM
Post #14

Running Target

Member No.: 10,749

I can sum it up for you:

Big D: Yeah, magic is totally real and stuff
Human: Does that mean people can cast spells
D: Yes
H: Are spirits real
D: Yes
H: What about pixies
D: Thats right
H: Werewolves?
D: In a manner of speaking
H: Ogres?
D: Give it a few years

and so on.

+Quote Post
Fortinbras
post Feb 28 2011, 08:38 AM
Post #15

Moving Target

QUOTE (ggodo @ Feb 27 2011, 04:41 AM) *
I don't know what Half Price Books is, but I've been rummaging my local used books stores for one.

Half Price Books. Best thing ever.

+Quote Post
Tyro
post Feb 28 2011, 09:19 AM
Post #16

Shooting Target

Member No.: 16,558

QUOTE (Fortinbras @ Feb 28 2011, 12:38 AM) *
Half Price Books. Best thing ever.

Unless you want to sell. Then you're better off with somewhere (anywhere!) else. They'll take anything (even the things that aren't salable - they donate/dispose of them for you), but they pay you shit.

+Quote Post
ravensmuse
post Feb 28 2011, 12:23 PM
Post #17

Running Target

Member No.: 14,507

Firsthand experience here too. And at least at mine, they know when they have something good - there were old TSR modules sitting on the shelves for thirty or forty bucks the last time I went in (including the Planescape boxed set).

On the other hand, the lesser known stuff is pretty damn cheap. I'd have cleaned them out of what they had SR if I didn't, y'know, not have a job and not have money (this situation sucks, but hey, here I am on Dumpshock instead of actually looking for a new one). I've picked up a good number from them.

The sad thing is, in certain regions of the country HPB is nowhere to be found. Always depressed me when I lived in Boston.

+Quote Post
Jhaiisiin
post Feb 28 2011, 04:49 PM
Post #18

Running Target

Member No.: 8,334

Based on their site, hpb only exists in about a dozen states. So 75% of the country doesn't have access to them. Hard to suggest them as a viable option when a huge portion of people won't be near one. That said, most cities have some manner of discount book store.

+Quote Post
Fortinbras
post Feb 28 2011, 08:19 PM
Post #19

Moving Target

The closest one is only 400 miles away in Mesa, Arizona. What are you afraid of, a little 7 hour drive? I make that to Corpus every day for lunch!

+Quote Post
Tyro
post Feb 28 2011, 10:25 PM
Post #20

Shooting Target

Member No.: 16,558

QUOTE (Jhaiisiin @ Feb 28 2011, 08:49 AM) *
Based on their site, hpb only exists in about a dozen states. So 75% of the country doesn't have access to them. Hard to suggest them as a viable option when a huge portion of people won't be near one. That said, most cities have some manner of discount book store.

I'm lucky - WA state has some of the oldest HPB locations in the country (some of them going back to the 70s) ^_^

+Quote Post
Jhaiisiin
post Mar 1 2011, 12:21 AM
Post #21

Running Target

Member No.: 8,334

As I drive as much as 8 hrs a day for my job, the last thing I'm going to do is drive during my free time. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:18 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.