Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Gen Con Indy, looking for some info
kevyn668
post Mar 21 2004, 03:17 AM
Post #1

Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,375

I've found the website and it looks possible for me. Is it worth it? I've never been to one of these and I'd like to know what people think.

Gen Con So Cal got rave reviews from you folks but I didn't hear anything on Indy...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bull
post Mar 21 2004, 06:14 AM
Post #2

Grumpy Old Ork Decker

Group: Admin
Member No.: 50

GC SoCal was new, so had to be discussed to see whether it sucked or not. Plus it was expected to be, and was, kinda small (4000ish people)>

Gen Con, on the other hand (I refuse to call it "Gen Con Indy", cause it's the original), is 35,000+ gamers packed into Indy for a four day gaming, Buying, and Drinking binge.

Is it fun? Hell yeah. Is it worth it? Hell yeah. Definately an experience that every gamer should go to once in their life, at least. The old MECCA center in Milwaukee, where GC used to be, was very aptly named.

Granted, if you're a freelancer, Origins is actually a better con to go to, since it's smaller and quieter, and much, much less crazy. But Gen Con is THE one to go to, since that's the one that everyone goes to.

Bull

+Quote Post
locomotiveman
post Apr 29 2004, 09:33 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 654

Plus, you can get a train to indy, where as you can't to Columbus, since i hate to fly, its a big thing for me.

+Quote Post
tisoz
post Jun 26 2004, 04:01 PM
Post #4

Free Spirit

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 1,920

When is it?

Got a link?

+Quote Post
Kanada Ten
post Jun 26 2004, 07:21 PM
Post #5

Beetle Eater

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 2,826

August 19-22, 2004

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 10:12 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.