IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Entoforms, creatures of the dark... ;)
shon
post Mar 1 2011, 08:43 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,129

Check out this guy that creates entoforms with Blender (a cool and open source 3D app, you know, "Big Buck Bunny" and so on) and his own special add on. What's an entoform? Well, you'd have to read his blog but in short it's some weird insect-like creature.

Check out like a zillion generated entoforms/insects here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4Up8zMtWl0

And the blog here:
http://www.macouno.com/category/projects/entoforms

Actually, the guy has started 3d printing the forms and pinning them like real insects, which is somehow cool in it's own way :)

What's this all got to do with Shadowrun? I don't know about you guys but I'd feel just great generating one or two such forms and scaring the shit out of my players with some cool render, describing it as a dark magic creature, or maybe a toxic path mutant giant insect that they just woke to see in their room in the middle of the night, nibbling on sammie's cyberleg :)

Unfortunately, the add-on is not yet released in public (too unstable) but it's gonna be released once it matures, and by the early look of it and the sheer amount of creatures generated for one short video above, it looks like generating them will be easy and fast, which is just the way I like it. Not everybody has days to draw their scary monsters you know :)

Just after having looked at the video I have a couple of good ideas for dark toxic insect-monsters in my head.

Hope this gives you some too!

Sweet dreams
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
pbangarth
post Mar 2 2011, 12:47 AM
Post #2

Old Man of the North

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 5,463

Cool stuff. Yeah, this could help visualizing Horrors etc.

What came into my head as I watched the video was, "Cthulhutech meets tampon applicator".

+Quote Post
Bira
post Mar 2 2011, 01:59 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 1,768

Because of the name, I would say that this is what bug spirits look like when they're not merged to any host. Like something who only vaguely heard what a real bug looks like tried to sculpt one from jellied screams of terror.

+Quote Post
TBRMInsanity
post Mar 2 2011, 03:39 AM
Post #4

Running Target

Member No.: 8,494

This would also fit in an Eclipse Phase game. I will post a link to here.

+Quote Post
Mr Clock
post Mar 2 2011, 01:47 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,303

Spooky yet cool. I like it.

Sideline: nasty looking IC, or dissonant sprites/ avatars/ forms.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:48 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.