> Netcat
Troyminator
post Mar 17 2011, 05:10 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,703

Hi All;

I haven't read a lot of the SR fiction, but I did pick up that Netcat is/was pregnant. Who is the father?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bodak
post Mar 17 2011, 05:54 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 5,015

Is Netcat knocked up? (and if so who did it?)

+Quote Post
imperialus
post Mar 17 2011, 06:10 AM
Post #3

Shooting Target

Member No.: 769

Yes... She was pregnant. They talk about TM morning sickness in Corp Guide. Smart money has been on Slamm-0 but did anyone else notice someone telling Haze that he needs to go change diapers in attitude?

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Mar 17 2011, 06:11 AM
Post #4

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 14,465

Slamm-0! and Netcat, raising a 3rd Generation Shadowrunner. FastJack is so proud, I heard he sent the kid as many things to beat on that make noise as possible.

+Quote Post
Critias
post Mar 17 2011, 06:11 AM
Post #5

Freelance Elf

Member No.: 6,714

QUOTE (imperialus @ Mar 17 2011, 01:10 AM) *
Yes... She was pregnant. They talk about TM morning sickness in Corp Guide. Dunno who the father is, smart money is on Slamm-0 but in Attitude there was a comment about Haze needing to go change diapers...

Nope, that was a comment to Slamm-0!

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Mar 17 2011, 02:36 PM
Post #6

Immortal Elf

It was Slamm-0!, but maybe Haze could Babysit.

You know, I just realized how scary a child that's going to be, with all those role models growing up. "Alright kid, Uncle Kane is going to teach you how to use an AK-97!"

+Quote Post
sabs
post Mar 17 2011, 02:39 PM
Post #7

Prime Runner

Member No.: 18,649

Maybe with a mention that Netcat is alright, because she used to look nice in a teddy, before the baby.

Oh yeah that baby is going to be HitGirl+John Connor all rolled into one, with my matrix ability than you can shake a stick at. I imagine that by 13 she'll be a 400bp runner (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
imperialus
post Mar 17 2011, 03:23 PM
Post #8

Shooting Target

QUOTE (CanRay @ Mar 17 2011, 08:36 AM) *
It was Slamm-0!, but maybe Haze could Babysit.

You know, I just realized how scary a child that's going to be, with all those role models growing up. "Alright kid, Uncle Kane is going to teach you how to use an AK-97!"

It's contact list will certainly be interesting... In a Fastjack is my Godfather sort of way.

+Quote Post
Tymeaus Jalynsfe...
post Mar 17 2011, 03:25 PM
Post #9

Prime Runner Ascendant

Member No.: 17,022

QUOTE (imperialus @ Mar 17 2011, 08:23 AM) *
It's contact list will certainly be interesting... In a Fastjack is my Godfather sort of way.

Which is a very cool concept, in my opinion... Especially when Uncle Kane comes over.

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Mar 17 2011, 03:26 PM
Post #10

Immortal Elf

I seriously feel sorry for any poor soul that decides to try and get at Netcat or Slamm-0! through their kid.

Fully and honestly. The Drekstorm that will be brought down upon them will be EPIC!

Which, of course, means I want to see it written!

+Quote Post
Tymeaus Jalynsfe...
post Mar 17 2011, 03:27 PM
Post #11

Prime Runner Ascendant

Member No.: 17,022

QUOTE (CanRay @ Mar 17 2011, 08:26 AM) *
I seriously feel sorry for any poor soul that decides to try and get at Netcat or Slamm-0! through their kid.

Fully and honestly. The Drekstorm that will be brought down upon them will be EPIC!

Heheh... Definitely... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wobble.gif)

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Mar 17 2011, 03:38 PM
Post #12

Immortal Elf

A few scenes are already creeping into my head. This kind of story would be best done as a trilogy to get all the characters a time to shine...

But one thing that got my heart racing is a shaped charge entrance with a group of Pirates streaming into a bunker, the leader screaming at the top of his lungs, "UNCLE KANE IS COMIN' FOR YOU!!!"

+Quote Post
sabs
post Mar 17 2011, 03:39 PM
Post #13

Prime Runner

Isn't Uncle Kane a CyberZombie? Or is that someone else? Was that HatchetMan that got turned into a Cyberzombie?

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Mar 17 2011, 03:41 PM
Post #14

Immortal Elf

That's Hatchetman, who is dead even as a Cyberzombie. Kane is the ultraviolent sociopath pirate with a blimp.

+Quote Post
sabs
post Mar 17 2011, 03:42 PM
Post #15

Prime Runner

His own team had to kill him right? (Hatchetman)

Sometimes.. I pick up my SR1 and 2 Books just to read the shadowtalk (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Adarael
post Mar 17 2011, 03:48 PM
Post #16

Deus Absconditus

Member No.: 5,566

QUOTE (CanRay @ Mar 17 2011, 08:26 AM) *

Smart money says that if you want to get at Netcat and Slamm-0 through their kid, you do it in the flesh, using magic and street sams. I don't know about Slamm-0 - I assume he can shoot a gun and such - but I'm pretty sure Netcat would get rolled by even a bare minimum of physical force, assuming they took adequate net-based precautions. And also make sure that you can't be tracked, because they'll probably be able to find you if you leave even a shred of matrix data.

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Mar 17 2011, 03:48 PM
Post #17

Immortal Elf

I pick up as many Shadowrun books for the Shadowtalk.

I consider novels to be "Just Shadowtalk". (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

Which is why I'm hoping someone steals my idea and runs with it. Or a bunch of someones. A Trilogy of Anthologies, now that is an interesting idea... Probably a recipe for disaster, but...

+Quote Post
imperialus
post Mar 17 2011, 03:55 PM
Post #18

Shooting Target

QUOTE (Adarael @ Mar 17 2011, 09:48 AM) *
Smart money says that if you want to get at Netcat and Slamm-0 through their kid, you do it in the flesh, using magic and street sams. I don't know about Slamm-0 - I assume he can shoot a gun and such - but I'm pretty sure Netcat would get rolled by even a bare minimum of physical force, assuming they took adequate net-based precautions. And also make sure that you can't be tracked, because they'll probably be able to find you if you leave even a shred of matrix data.

That might get you the kid. Not getting tracked down after the fact though would be quite a feat. The rolodex o' contacts that some of the other Jackpointers must have would be insane. Hell even if you skip the country, Black Mamba and Picador both have an almost global reach.

And for some reason I picture Jackpoints collective reaction being something along the line of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FFQ_g8OoQM With Uncle Kane playing John.

+Quote Post
Sixgun_Sage
post Mar 17 2011, 03:55 PM
Post #19

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,783

Or any blood or hair, Adarael, think about it, as long as Slamm-O! has been around and as popular as Netcat is with specific segments of Jackpoint do you doubt they could find significant magical backup to find their kid? Shadowrunners may admit to being disposable assets but you go after their family and I can't help but imagine anyone they are on even neutral terms with not pitching in and those two have scary enough friends.

+Quote Post
sabs
post Mar 17 2011, 03:57 PM
Post #20

Prime Runner

Not to mention, if I'm Slamm-O! and Netcat. I have agents, sprites dedicated to watch over her. We have a tissue sample, that's re-freshed every so often somewhere safe, so that one of my many Mage friends can trace.

I do a favor for a mage/shaman to have a watcher spirit keep an eye on the kid 24/7, and a protection spirit with longterm service guard power.

+Quote Post
Patrick Goodman
post Mar 17 2011, 04:02 PM
Post #21

Tilting at Windmills

Member No.: 388

QUOTE (Adarael @ Mar 17 2011, 09:48 AM) *
Smart money says that if you want to get at Netcat and Slamm-0 through their kid, you do it in the flesh, using magic and street sams.

Even that route is fraught with peril for the would-be perps; they may be hackers and hang with hackers, but they've got an assload of friends of the street sam and magical ilk. It actually makes the "Uncle Kane is coming for you!" bit above more likely, and I don't think anybody's stupid enough to want to be on the wrong end of that...because he's got friends, too, hard as that might be for some people to believe.

I have to agree with CanRay: Woe be tp the one who tries it.

+Quote Post
Adarael
post Mar 17 2011, 04:10 PM
Post #22

Deus Absconditus

Well, the same could be said of any big-league shadowrunner, but it doesn't seem to have stopped the corps from trying in the past.

This is especially true if I'm Mike the Manager, and I don't trust Steve the Sub-Manager not to backstab me for a promotion. "Congratulations, Steve! You've been given a VERY important task! You have to catch and kill these dastardly shadowrunners that stole out NERPS prototypes last year! If you succeed, I'll make sure Mr. Huang looks very kindly on your request to start a new division!"

If Steve succeeds, Mike and Steve both look good. if Steve doesn't, he's embarassed or dead, and no longer a threat. Mike wins either way.

QUOTE (Sixgun_Sage @ Mar 17 2011, 08:55 AM) *
Or any blood or hair, Adarael, think about it, as long as Slamm-O! has been around and as popular as Netcat is with specific segments of Jackpoint do you doubt they could find significant magical backup to find their kid? Shadowrunners may admit to being disposable assets but you go after their family and I can't help but imagine anyone they are on even neutral terms with not pitching in and those two have scary enough friends.

Eh, who the hell cares about the mooks you send to do it? So what if they get a blood link? If their biomonitors indicate their brain patters are going wacky due to mind probe or whatever, detonate their cranial bomb or carcerands, and be done with it. Better safe than sorry, after all.

Regardless, this ignores the real sticking point: How the hell do you FIND their kid in the first place?

+Quote Post
sabs
post Mar 17 2011, 04:14 PM
Post #23

Prime Runner

If Steve is real Division Head material, he is going to discover proof that the act was actually done by "BizMark-E and the FunkyBunch" Shadowrun team, and not by NetCat and Slamm-O!. He'll use some teams to setup some false trails, and then he'll 'capture' and 'interrogate' a shadowrun team that's been specifically selected as the patsy. Hell, they might not even be real shadowrunners. They just might be regular people who have undergone such extensive BTL and Personafix modifications that they think they're "BizMark-E and the FunkyBunch!"®

If he's not real Division Head material, then yes he goes after the kid and dies a horrible painful death.

+Quote Post
Adarael
post Mar 17 2011, 04:18 PM
Post #24

Deus Absconditus

Well, this thought experiment *is* predicated on Steve going after Netcat and Slamm-0 rather than just figuring out a way to write off the loss and/or bait a trap where they explode horribly in a bomb-laden building. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Smart money uses street sams and magic to go after the kid. Smarter money figures out a way to pocket most of the budget allocated to the operation, and not risk your own neck. But smarter money would never get anywhere near kidnapping the child of serial murderers and spies, because that shit will follow you home from the office, cuz you done made it personal.

+Quote Post
ggodo
post Mar 17 2011, 04:27 PM
Post #25

Moving Target

Member No.: 21,972

Is no one else worried about the kid being the second coming of Deus? Go read Netcat's Morning sickness in the Corp Guide again. There's quite a few things that scare the crap out of me in there.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 08:39 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.