IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Motorcycle as weapon, How off base was I?
Troyminator
post Mar 23 2011, 04:00 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,703

In our first session, the dwarf infiltrator/hacker is being chased by some ghouls.

The street sam who was keeping overwatch roars up on his bullet bike to help him. Said street sam wants to use the bike as a weapon to take out some of above ghouls.

I don't remember how I resolved it. As they had gone so far out of what I thought they would do, I was just making it up as I went. I know the sam rolled amazingly well so I figured some of the ghouls were hit.

How would something like this really be resolved?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Epicedion
post Mar 23 2011, 04:08 AM
Post #2

Douche

Group: Banned
Member No.: 23,135

QUOTE (Troyminator @ Mar 23 2011, 12:00 AM) *
In our first session, the dwarf infiltrator/hacker is being chased by some ghouls.

The street sam who was keeping overwatch roars up on his bullet bike to help him. Said street sam wants to use the bike as a weapon to take out some of above ghouls.

I don't remember how I resolved it. As they had gone so far out of what I thought they would do, I was just making it up as I went. I know the sam rolled amazingly well so I figured some of the ghouls were hit.

Did he just try and run them over, or did he pick it up and swing it like a club?

It's a valid question.

+Quote Post
K1ll5w1tch
post Mar 23 2011, 04:11 AM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 23,690

QUOTE (Troyminator @ Mar 22 2011, 09:00 PM) *

Theres a ramming table on page 169 4thA and 160 4th.

Treat it as a normal melee attack using veh skill+reaction +/-handling, defender gets dodge+reaction or vehicle skill + reaction +/- handling. If attacker gets more hits then defender target is struck causing damage per damage table

Damage table is based on speed of vehicle and body of vehicle. Both parties will be damaged so his bike will likely get toast after about 1 or 2 zombies.

Then make another vehicle driving test to keep from crashing.

The detailed rules are on the same page as the table.

+Quote Post
Troyminator
post Mar 23 2011, 04:22 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

QUOTE (Epicedion @ Mar 23 2011, 12:08 AM) *
Did he just try and run them over, or did he pick it up and swing it like a club?

It's a valid question.

He wanted to lay the bike down and use it as . . . . . . a battering ram.

+Quote Post
Troyminator
post Mar 23 2011, 04:22 AM
Post #5

Moving Target

QUOTE (K1ll5w1tch @ Mar 23 2011, 12:11 AM) *
Theres a ramming table on page 169 4thA and 160 4th.

Treat it as a normal melee attack using veh skill+reaction +/-handling, defender gets dodge+reaction or vehicle skill + reaction +/- handling. If attacker gets more hits then defender target is struck causing damage per damage table

Damage table is based on speed of vehicle and body of vehicle. Both parties will be damaged so his bike will likely get toast after about 1 or 2 zombies.

Then make another vehicle driving test to keep from crashing.

The detailed rules are on the same page as the table.

Thank you.

+Quote Post
GrimWulf
post Mar 23 2011, 04:31 AM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,696

Heh, reminds me of a run where the team ended up in Aztlan and ran into some Azzie Jaguars, while the rest of the team tried to get setup to run away and load up the LAV, my character grabbed a conveniently present bike and ended up running over one or two of them. Certainly didn't help the handling of the bike any once the the front tire probably looked more like a 0 then an O.

+Quote Post
Medicineman
post Mar 23 2011, 05:53 AM
Post #7

Shooting Target

Member No.: 7,015

You should search here for :
Headless Murdercycle (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

my Hobbit Technomancer uses on (a H-D Scorpion) pretty impressive Tool/Weapon

with a Headless Dance
Medicineman

+Quote Post
Critias
post Mar 23 2011, 08:59 AM
Post #8

Freelance Elf

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 6,714

QUOTE (Troyminator @ Mar 22 2011, 11:00 PM) *
As they had gone so far out of what I thought they would do, I was just making it up as I went. I know the sam rolled amazingly well so I figured some of the ghouls were hit.

If they had a good time, you resolved it just right. Don't let the rules get in the way of the fun.

+Quote Post
Faraday
post Mar 23 2011, 09:43 AM
Post #9

Running Target

Member No.: 18,155

QUOTE (Medicineman @ Mar 22 2011, 10:53 PM) *
You should search here for :
Headless Murdercycle (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

my Hobbit Technomancer uses on (a H-D Scorpion) pretty impressive Tool/Weapon

with a Headless Dance
Medicineman

I'll go one further, since it'd be pimping my own thread.

+Quote Post
Medicineman
post Mar 23 2011, 10:27 AM
Post #10

Shooting Target

Member No.: 7,015

I used exactly your Bike as a Base, but instead of the Self Destruct it has a Sidecar with a Riggercocoon, small electric Motor and some Storage room for equipment. the Sidecar detaches and drives away to a save Parking lot while the Hobbit Riggs the Bike
Thanks for the Idea (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grinbig.gif)

HokaHey
Medicineman

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 04:57 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.