Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Aethetics & Layout, Requests and Complaints
Kanada Ten
post Aug 23 2003, 03:32 AM
Post #1

Beetle Eater

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 2,826

I have some trouble noticing new Sticky's, as they don't stand out or seem to immediately indicate newness to me. I don't know if the separation (or even distinction) between "Important Topics" and "Forum Topics" headers helps or aggravates the problem. It becomes very easy to skip over those at the top as I quick scan the page. I do notice them eventually (though that maybe only because I am looking for bugs).

A "New Topic - Locked" icon may solve my problem for those locked threads I have not read. Failing that could the secondary icon, titled "f_pinned.gif" -which I assume is the "Sticky" icon, be marked as "New Sticky" when appropriate?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ancient History
post Aug 23 2003, 04:27 AM
Post #2

Great Dragon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,935

Actually, there's an "s" in Aesthetics, Kanada ol' boy.

Which remind me: is there anyway to edit post titles? Of your own posts?

+Quote Post
Kanada Ten
post Aug 23 2003, 04:37 AM
Post #3

Beetle Eater

Actually, there is two s's in Aesthetics, Ancient.

;)

[edit]

Also, if you goto a view posts page (such as this) the little Topic type (Read, New, Locked, ect) icons don't match the title bar.

And the Hot Topic icons have a tag here at the bottom, but nowhere else.

I should have named this thread Trivial Complaints.

This post has been edited by Kanada Ten: Aug 23 2003, 04:45 AM

+Quote Post
Kanada Ten
post Aug 25 2003, 12:42 AM
Post #4

Beetle Eater

I am having another layout problem, though it may be rather specific.

In this thread and this one the voting poll goes off the frame and spills out into the blue and the Number of Votes Per Option makes an ugly carriage return. Perhaps a length limit on poll choices?

Netscape 7.1

+Quote Post
Neuron Basher
post Aug 25 2003, 01:06 AM
Post #5

The Ghost in our Machine

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 52

QUOTE (Kanada Ten)
I am having another layout problem, though it may be rather specific.

In this thread the voting poll goes off the frame and spills out into the blue and the Number of Votes Per Option makes an ugly carriage return. Perhaps a length limit on poll choices?

Netscape 7.1

That sounds like a Netscape 7.1 bug to me. I'm using Mozilla 1.4 and I'm not seeing that problem.

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Aug 25 2003, 01:10 AM
Post #6

Immoral Elf

Member No.: 2,486

Nor am I with IE 6!

+Quote Post
Kanada Ten
post Aug 25 2003, 01:30 AM
Post #7

Beetle Eater

QUOTE (Neuron Basher)
That sounds like a Netscape 7.1 bug to me.  I'm using Mozilla 1.4 and I'm not seeing that problem.

Specific then.

Also, wouldn't Sourcebook Discussion be a great place for discussions about sourcebooks?

+Quote Post
Kanada Ten
post Aug 27 2003, 05:36 AM
Post #8

Beetle Eater

I really like how the old forums had a link to http://www.shadowrunrpg.com/ on the front; it just made my life easier, because I can't bookmark (or change the viewing settings) on work computers. And that is a page I like to visit. But instead of cluttering up that page more, what about putting it on the Sourcebook Discussion front page?

@,@ "All my suggestions are excellent..." @,@

Hypnotizing eyes, yeah.

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Aug 27 2003, 06:24 PM
Post #9

Immoral Elf

QUOTE (Kanada Ten)
www.shadowrunrpg.com

I'd like to see both that, and the old forums linked from the front page.

+Quote Post
Adam
post Aug 27 2003, 08:00 PM
Post #10

Prime Runner

Member No.: 51

I'm really fuzzy on what differentiates between the general Shadowrun forum and the Sourcebooks forum. For the most part, discussion in the Shadowrun forum is about the sourcebooks or material derived from them, so most of the discussion could go in the Sourcebooks forum; however, it seems the non-stated intent of the Sourcebooks forum is to discuss future sourcebooks, then the discussion moves to the book specific forum, then after a few months it filters into the general Shadowrun forum.

It all seems a little more complex than necessary to me, given that new books are getting less than 50 threads and 1000 total posts each, and that the specific sourcebook forums are two clicks away from the front page. But, we'll see how the new setup works as time goes on.

+Quote Post
Kanada Ten
post Aug 28 2003, 11:01 PM
Post #11

Beetle Eater

QUOTE (Adam)
I'm really fuzzy on what differentiates between the general Shadowrun forum and the Sourcebooks forum.

I just thought the Sourcebook forum would be a convenient place for all those "Where's rigger 3?" "What will be in Dragons" "What's the heck is Mr Johnson's Little Black Book" "Update on SoE" ect & a nice place to put the errata for those books that have no forums, yet.

I mean, what is the point of the individual sourcebook forums beyond just advertising?

Mostly to reduce clutter, I thought. Though, as you say, we shall see if the posters agree.

-
Have I mentioned how very cool the Notepad is?

:wavey:

+Quote Post
Kanada Ten
post Aug 30 2003, 01:57 AM
Post #12

Beetle Eater

Kanada Ten
I really like how the old forums had a link to http://www.shadowrunrpg.com/

What if the link just came in the legal text?
WizKids, LLC has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. WizKids, LLC has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.

design v4.0 - August 6, 2003 - Copyright © 1998-2003 dumpshock.com

@,@ "All my suggestions are excellent..." @,@

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Aug 30 2003, 03:17 AM
Post #13

Immoral Elf

QUOTE (Kanada Ten)
What if the link just came in the legal text?

That's not really terribly intuitive for newbies though.

+Quote Post
Adam
post Aug 30 2003, 03:53 AM
Post #14

Prime Runner

Member No.: 51

QUOTE (Kanada Ten)
I just thought the Sourcebook forum would be a convenient place for all those "Where's rigger 3?" "What will be in Dragons" "What's the heck is Mr Johnson's Little Black Book" "Update on SoE" ect & a nice place to put the errata for those books that have no forums, yet.

However, I think it better serves the Shadowrun customer base to have these threads in the primary Shadowrun forum; after all, to a new poster, that seems to be the proper place to put them.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:29 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.