IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Attitude FAQ?, Intent of the authors for armor?
Kerenshara
post Mar 29 2011, 02:24 AM
Post #1

Shooting Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,166

OK, here's what my quenstion relates to:

Sidebar, Game Rules; P. 160, Attitude

Armor: Most clothing does not come with any ballistic or impact protection, but new techniques allow for some protection. Carbon-boron infusion, Kevlar threading, and Delta-amyloid coatings are available. (Layered protection rules still apply). These modifications can be added to regular clothing or to armor clothing (p. 326, SR4A)

If a DEV wants to chime in it would silence debate, but if they don't reply, I will take suggestions.

Here's the question:

Did they mean "Armor Clothing" as in the B:4/I:0 item specifically, or the entire category listed as "Armor Clothing" as opposed to suits of armor. Or is there a happy medium like applying to the "designer" armored clothing in Arsenal?

-Kerenshara
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JM Hardy
post Mar 29 2011, 02:52 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,392

QUOTE (Kerenshara @ Mar 28 2011, 09:24 PM) *
OK, here's what my quenstion relates to:

Sidebar, Game Rules; P. 160, Attitude

Armor: Most clothing does not come with any ballistic or impact protection, but new techniques allow for some protection. Carbon-boron infusion, Kevlar threading, and Delta-amyloid coatings are available. (Layered protection rules still apply). These modifications can be added to regular clothing or to armor clothing (p. 326, SR4A)

If a DEV wants to chime in it would silence debate, but if they don't reply, I will take suggestions.

Here's the question:

Did they mean "Armor Clothing" as in the B:4/I:0 item specifically, or the entire category listed as "Armor Clothing" as opposed to suits of armor. Or is there a happy medium like applying to the "designer" armored clothing in Arsenal?

-Kerenshara

The happy medium.

Jason H.

+Quote Post
Kerenshara
post Mar 29 2011, 03:06 AM
Post #3

Shooting Target

QUOTE (JM Hardy @ Mar 28 2011, 09:52 PM) *
The happy medium.

Jason H.

You don't get much more official than that. Thank you!

I especially like how that further emphasizes "going light but fashionable" in the high-price items out of Arsenal.

-Kerenshara

+Quote Post
Kerenshara
post Mar 29 2011, 03:09 AM
Post #4

Shooting Target

Oh, durn. I should have added:

The three treatments are mutually exclusive, right? Do they count as "ratings" or "options" for limits on armor modifications?

-Kerenshara

+Quote Post
JM Hardy
post Mar 29 2011, 04:29 AM
Post #5

Moving Target

QUOTE (Kerenshara @ Mar 28 2011, 10:09 PM) *
Oh, durn. I should have added:

The three treatments are mutually exclusive, right? Do they count as "ratings" or "options" for limits on armor modifications?

-Kerenshara

Yep, they're mutually exclusive. They would count as ratings for purposes of limits.

Jason H.

+Quote Post
KCKitsune
post Mar 29 2011, 10:21 AM
Post #6

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 15,665

JM Hardy,

Hey I tried to send you a PM asking about Olfactory Boosters and Vomeronasal Organ, but you never got back to me. I know you're busy, but I didn't get ANYTHING back from you. Not even a "I'm busy go away." message.

So I'll ask the question here: In Runner's Companion, Vomeronasal Organ does not have anything that says that it is incompatible with Olfactory Booster. Can you have both and use the Booster to remove the penalties by kicking in the override?

+Quote Post
JM Hardy
post Mar 30 2011, 02:09 AM
Post #7

Moving Target

QUOTE (KCKitsune @ Mar 29 2011, 05:21 AM) *
JM Hardy,

Hey I tried to send you a PM asking about Olfactory Boosters and Vomeronasal Organ, but you never got back to me. I know you're busy, but I didn't get ANYTHING back from you. Not even a "I'm busy go away." message.

So I'll ask the question here: In Runner's Companion, Vomeronasal Organ does not have anything that says that it is incompatible with Olfactory Booster. Can you have both and use the Booster to remove the penalties by kicking in the override?

Sorry for the delay in answering. Here's how I read it--there's nothing to prevent you from having both a Vomeronasal Organ and an Olfactory Booster. The Booster could remove the penalties for intense smells, but it should also remove the bonuses--that is, you can't say that you're not letting enough smell through to suffer the penalty while claiming you're getting enough odor through to gain benefits to Perception and social interactions.

Also, the text does not give me any reason to prevent the bonuses from the two from stacking.

Jason H.

+Quote Post
KarmaInferno
post Jun 8 2011, 02:15 PM
Post #8

Old Man Jones

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 1,699

QUOTE (Kerenshara @ Mar 28 2011, 11:06 PM) *
You don't get much more official than that. Thank you!

I especially like how that further emphasizes "going light but fashionable" in the high-price items out of Arsenal.

-Kerenshara

Official, yet amazingly non-specific.

I mean, an Armored Jacket could be considered "armored clothing".

-k

+Quote Post
Yerameyahu
post Jun 8 2011, 02:21 PM
Post #9

Advocatus Diaboli

Member No.: 14,282

No, the question was, 'applies just to the designer armor clothing?', and the answer was 'yes'.

+Quote Post
mister__joshua
post Jun 8 2011, 02:34 PM
Post #10

Running Target

Member No.: 19,241

Ok, to expand the question then, the thing I thought when I read those rules was Can you add more than 1 to a piece of clothing? It doesn't say you can't, and the techniques all seem different (one is lining, one is a coating etc).

+Quote Post
HunterHerne
post Jun 8 2011, 02:39 PM
Post #11

Running Target

Member No.: 19,166

I read that as the treatments are mutually exclusive. As in, only one can be applied.

+Quote Post
Yerameyahu
post Jun 8 2011, 07:05 PM
Post #12

Advocatus Diaboli

Member No.: 14,282

JM Hardy said exactly that above, so I think we can take that as official as well.

+Quote Post
mister__joshua
post Jun 8 2011, 10:56 PM
Post #13

Running Target

Member No.: 19,241

Haha. I honestly have no idea how i missed that! Apologies (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 05:22 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.