> Chummer Character Generator
Leoric
post Apr 17 2011, 01:13 PM
Post #26

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,750

QUOTE (Nebular @ Apr 16 2011, 12:05 AM) *
[*]regions that use something other than "." to separate decimal places no longer causes errors when using numbers with decimals

Nice! It corrected the bug I was talking about, thanks!

I'm going to play around with your Chargen to see if i can find other bugs/suggestion, but I already love it, and the charsheet is neat!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ShadowWalker
post Apr 17 2011, 05:38 PM
Post #27

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,696

When I select File-New from the menu the screen I get has it's buttons showing up almost completely below the bottom of the window.
I'm using Windows 7.

+Quote Post
whatevs
post Apr 17 2011, 06:13 PM
Post #28

Moving Target

Member No.: 21,915

QUOTE (whatevs @ Apr 16 2011, 11:09 PM) *
I hate to cheapen my cudos with another request... But how about some mentor spirit support? Maybe with a list to choose from and appropriate modifiers?

Put some xml nodes together that might help out with the above request. Figured why not share the fun. I'm not sure how you'd want to calculate the appropriate modifiers in Chummer itself, but here's the xml nodes.
[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
whatevs
post Apr 17 2011, 06:20 PM
Post #29

Moving Target

QUOTE (Nebular @ Apr 17 2011, 08:09 AM) *
whatevs: it looks like the Armor Encumbrance for the Initiative situation you mentioned is being calculated correctly from my understanding of the rules. If I have a character with BOD 1, REA 5, INT 4 and put enough armor on him to effectively drop his REA to 1, his INI should still be 5 (1 REA + 4 INT). The way it's written makes it sound as though your INI decreases by your REA went down. You character is still intelligent enough to act, but too overburdened with their poor armor choice to be as effective. I think the "may affect Initiative" bit of text is in the description since you could have a character with 1 REA, in which case your INI would not be affected. Is this correct?

Looks that way. Good call! Forgot about intuition being part of initiative.

+Quote Post
whatevs
post Apr 17 2011, 06:31 PM
Post #30

Moving Target

Quick Note About your Tooltip for Ballistic and Impact Armor - Your tooltip says that there's a -1 to agility, might want to add that there's a - 1 to rea as well. Not major though, as per your post above, it looks as though it's being calculated correctly.

+Quote Post
whatevs
post Apr 17 2011, 07:19 PM
Post #31

Moving Target

QUOTE (whatevs @ Apr 12 2011, 03:40 AM) *
Requests:
- list of pre-gen knoweldge skills to choose from, or better yet, the option to add my own to choose from <see 'awesome use of xml' above (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) >

Okay, working on some xml nodes for the above request. It won't be this weekend, but I should be able to provide a nice list. Here's a languages list. I used (mostly) the list of 100 most common languages on wikipedia. P.S. Spoiler code tags aren't working in my browser for some reason, and I'm out of time, so sorry in advance for the wall of text. Edit: Ah, that's better
[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
Nebular
post Apr 18 2011, 03:40 AM
Post #32

Shooting Target

Member No.: 24,349

Thanks for the data, whatevs. I've rolled the Language stuff into skills.xml. No idea why I didn't see just putting Knowledge Skill stuff in there before. Sometimes it's the obvious stuff that's hard to see. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I'm hoping to get Mentor Spirits in for this weekend, too.

Here's how I've setup the Knowledge Skills.
CODE
<chummer>
<skills>
... existing content ...
</skills>
<knowledgeskills>
<skill>
<name>Xiang</name>
<attribute>INT</attribute>
<category>Language</category>
<default>No</default>
<skillgroup />
<specs>
<spec>Read/Write</spec>
<spec>Speak</spec>
<spec>Dialect</spec>
<spec>Lingo</spec>
</specs>
</skill>
</knowledgeskills>
</chummer>

+Quote Post
whatevs
post Apr 18 2011, 06:02 PM
Post #33

Moving Target

Looks good, are you all set with the different specializations? I think you used <spec></spec> in your original skills xml. I used that format above, so you should be able to cut/copy/paste if you want to.

+Quote Post
Bigity
post Apr 18 2011, 06:48 PM
Post #34

Shooting Target

Member No.: 3,024

CODE
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Chummer.ImprovementManager.CreateImprovements(ImprovementSource objImprovementSource, String strSourceName, XmlNode nodBonus, Boolean blnConcatSelectedValue, Int32 intRating, String strFriendlyName)
at Chummer.frmCreate.cmdAddPower_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.225 (RTMGDR.030319-2200)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Chummer
Assembly Version: 0.0.0.43
Win32 Version: 0.0.0.43
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/stuart/Documents/Shadowrun/chummer%20chargen/Chummer.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

Was toying around with an ork adept, was spending power points. Everything was fine until I tried to add Enchanced Perception.

+Quote Post
Nebular
post Apr 18 2011, 07:08 PM
Post #35

Shooting Target

QUOTE (whatevs @ Apr 18 2011, 01:02 PM) *
Looks good, are you all set with the different specializations? I think you used <spec></spec> in your original skills xml. I used that format above, so you should be able to cut/copy/paste if you want to.

Yup, the specs are great. I used everything you provided. I just did a straight copy of everything you gave me and pasted in the few replacements once I realised I can just put them all in the skills.xml file. I did a straight copy with the Mentors and added in the Toxic Mentors as well. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Nebular
post Apr 18 2011, 07:09 PM
Post #36

Shooting Target

QUOTE (Bigity @ Apr 18 2011, 01:48 PM) *
CODE
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Chummer.ImprovementManager.CreateImprovements(ImprovementSource objImprovementSource, String strSourceName, XmlNode nodBonus, Boolean blnConcatSelectedValue, Int32 intRating, String strFriendlyName)
at Chummer.frmCreate.cmdAddPower_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.225 (RTMGDR.030319-2200)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
Chummer
Assembly Version: 0.0.0.43
Win32 Version: 0.0.0.43
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/stuart/Documents/Shadowrun/chummer%20chargen/Chummer.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

Was toying around with an ork adept, was spending power points. Everything was fine until I tried to add Enchanced Perception.

Doh! This'll be fixed in the new preview release.

+Quote Post
Leoric
post Apr 18 2011, 09:26 PM
Post #37

Target

Member No.: 2,750

Synthecardium essence cost is wrong: 1 per level instead of 0,1.
Same for Synaptic booster: 5 per level instead of 0,5.
Quite invasive! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

And I didn't found how to split magic and adept powers for a mystic adept.

+Quote Post
whatevs
post Apr 19 2011, 12:14 AM
Post #38

Moving Target

QUOTE (Nebular @ Apr 18 2011, 07:08 PM) *
Yup, the specs are great. I used everything you provided. I just did a straight copy of everything you gave me and pasted in the few replacements once I realised I can just put them all in the skills.xml file. I did a straight copy with the Mentors and added in the Toxic Mentors as well. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Nice! Forgot about them. Are you going to be able to add the mentor bonuses on the back end?

I'll send a list of some usefull knowledge skills in noded-up xml format.

+Quote Post
Nebular
post Apr 19 2011, 12:29 AM
Post #39

Shooting Target

Can't handle +X dice for casting Spells at the moment. Not sure if this is something I'll be throwing in just yet. I'm looking at getting support in for the +X bonuses to Skills for Mentor Spirits though. It might make it into this weekend's update but not 100% certain.

Leoric: I have that ESS bit fixed up which will be in this weekend's update. This only applied to Cyberware/Bioware that let you pick a Rating and have their ESS cost tied to it... in regions that use "," to separate decimals places. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

The original intention with Mystic Adepts was to simply leave it as is. Whatever you don't spend on Adept Power Points is what you presumably have leftover to work with the Magcian. I'm now seeing a fault in my thinking after re-reading the Mystic Adept portion though (and having never played a Mystic Adept now that I think back). A Mystic Adept with MAG 5 who puts 3 of those into Powers and uses the rest for Magician would effectively have MAG 2 for the purposes of determine their Ability bonus for Skills. This seems to only affect dice pool though and nothing else. Is that correct?

+Quote Post
whatevs
post Apr 19 2011, 02:58 AM
Post #40

Moving Target

QUOTE (Nebular @ Apr 19 2011, 12:29 AM) *
Can't handle +X dice for casting Spells at the moment. Not sure if this is something I'll be throwing in just yet. I'm looking at getting support in for the +X bonuses to Skills for Mentor Spirits though. It might make it into this weekend's update but not 100% certain.

One of the things about mentor bonuses is that they're basically free skill specializations. Ex. +2 detection spells is really just a detection specialization of the spellcasting skill. So if you can trigger the addition of a specialization (even if there's already one added by the user) when you select a mentor spirit, you're in business. All you have to watch out for is the same specialization already being there, in which case there would just be two specializations for that skill at +4 total. Also, you would have to let users add another specialization for the affected skill (in this case spellcasting) via the skills window.

Some mentors have negatives that aren't abstract, and will require a negative modifier ex. -1 to combat spells. In this case, the same logic applies but with a -1 as a specialization 'bonus'. Rules about user still being able to add specializations to the affect skill via skills menu would still need to apply.

Hope this helps! And thanks for being so responsive!

+Quote Post
whatevs
post Apr 19 2011, 05:34 AM
Post #41

Moving Target

QUOTE (Nebular @ Apr 18 2011, 03:40 AM) *
Here's how I've setup the Knowledge Skills.
<chummer>
<skills>
... existing content ...
</skills>
<knowledgeskills>
<skill>
<name>Xiang</name>
<attribute>INT</attribute>
<category>Language</category>
<default>No</default>
<skillgroup />
<specs>
<spec>Read/Write</spec>
<spec>Speak</spec>
<spec>Dialect</spec>
<spec>Lingo</spec>
</specs>
</skill>
</knowledgeskills>
</chummer>

One quick thing, I've notices that you don't have a skill group defined for the knowledge skills (skillgroup />). Shouldn't they be set up as Street, Academic, Professional and Interest?

+Quote Post
Nebular
post Apr 19 2011, 12:55 PM
Post #42

Shooting Target

They're not technically Skill Groups in the same way as Active Skills (you can't take the Language Skill Group and get Rating X in all Languages), so I put that into Category. So the Category for Knowledge Skills can be "Academic", "Interest", "Language", "Professional", and "Street".

+Quote Post
whatevs
post Apr 19 2011, 03:08 PM
Post #43

Moving Target

Sounds good, ive got a list of around 30-40 knowledge skills with specs on it's way.

+Quote Post
LonePaladin
post Apr 19 2011, 04:24 PM
Post #44

Target

Member No.: 24,813

Something odd I've noticed here. When you're adding knowledge skills to a character, after the fifth entry it puts a gap between #5 and #6. It keeps doing this, with the gap getting larger each time you add something new.

Also, the armored clothing packages from Arsenal aren't adding together properly. I expect this one is tricky to handle, though.

+Quote Post
Nebular
post Apr 19 2011, 04:56 PM
Post #45

Shooting Target

I believe I have the Arsenal Clothing stuff figured out and implemented. It should be in the next preview release. The Knowledge Skill one kind of hurts my brain - you'd think a position of 0 would be a fixed location, but apparently not. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif) It should be fixed in the next release as well.

Shadowalker: I'm hoping your problem is fixed in the next release as well. This might be a part of the resolution issues I was having.

+Quote Post
LonePaladin
post Apr 19 2011, 05:49 PM
Post #46

Target

Member No.: 24,813

More suggestions and/or observations.
  • Commlinks don't have the option of improving their Response or Signal ratings. (SR4A, p. 222)
  • Some commlink add-ons (such as sim modules) should be considered "plug-ins". Software should probably be treated similarly, so that they don't clutter the gear list. One possible add-on is the "basic software" package (SR4A, p. 232), for non-hackers.
  • The list of purchased items could stand to have a couple extra columns; definitely one showing the price, perhaps also one for the items' ratings. Same goes for augmentations, perhaps with an Essence cost as well.
  • The status bar at the bottom could also be expanded, showing not only Build Points remaining, but also Essence and money.

+Quote Post
TheIggle
post Apr 19 2011, 06:04 PM
Post #47

Target

Member No.: 27,950

on a side note, how about making this program open source? that way the community can continue updating/porting it should you lose interest or get sued by catalyst labs^^

+Quote Post
whatevs
post Apr 19 2011, 07:20 PM
Post #48

Moving Target

QUOTE (TheIggle @ Apr 19 2011, 07:04 PM) *
on a side note, how about making this program open source? that way the community can continue updating/porting it should you lose interest or get sued by catalyst labs^^

Lol, or hold onto it in case catylst wants to buy it. Open source would be cool though.

+Quote Post
Nebular
post Apr 19 2011, 07:52 PM
Post #49

Shooting Target

I tend to avoid making my stuff open source after a number of bad experiences with it. I like the idea, but I'm a little protective of my code and like to know where everything is and what it's doing. Too many times I've had people go in and just make a bunch of changes for some unknown reason without discussing the impacts, breaking a bunch of things in the process, and writing it in some wacky way instead of following a standard.

I can, however, promise that if I ever lose interest and/or stop developing this and/or get smacked by Catalyst that I will release the source code so that others can continue the work. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Beetle
post Apr 20 2011, 09:21 PM
Post #50

Moving Target

Member No.: 15,883

I found a small bug in the qualities section. When selecting the Lucky quality, it isn't increasing the maximum edge attribute. Also edge is incorrectly listed under the Exceptional Attribute quality, but it does increase the edge maximum properly as if one had the Lucky quality. It's not a big deal to me as the qualities cost the same, but it's something I wanted to point out.

+Quote Post

153 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 01:19 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.