Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Three Kingdoms, Da books
Hocus Pocus
post Apr 23 2011, 01:24 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
From: In a hot tub, with lots of bubbles and champagne waiting for you.
Member No.: 1,972

I have tentatively decided on reading the books. There appears to be a few translations to english and i was wondering if anyone has read them and can offer their opinion of which ones they lliked best., as some translations are better than others. Indeed even one of sun tzu's more famous quotes has a multitude of translations (each one of the art of war books i have read has it differnt). As it appears that i will purchase it, i don't want to get stuck with the one translation that sucks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Adarael
post Apr 27 2011, 09:48 PM
Post #2

Deus Absconditus

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 5,566

From what I recall, the Moss Roberts translation was pretty good - readable without losing the tone. I looked at it when it first got published in 2004, but I haven't looked at it recently.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 12:11 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.