IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Shadowrun Scramble Costume, I can't choose, guys!
Shadowrun Scramble Costume
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 41
Guests cannot vote 
AStarshipforAnts
post May 4 2011, 09:47 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,624

Honestly, it's a little late to start on a new costume and a character to go with it. But, if I don't start now, it'll never be done in time for Gen Con. All three of these characters have a vague design in character and costume already. I'm also open to suggestions. Keep in mind, I'm a rather small person: 5'2'' and 120ish lbs.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Aaron
post May 5 2011, 02:56 AM
Post #2

Mr. Johnson

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 8,314

Make sure it's comfortable, easy to move in, and not too warm.

+Quote Post
scarius
post May 5 2011, 07:10 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 19,167

remember that you will be wearing it all day/night, so you dont want something too warm. also a good prop/weapon will help bring the costume together and also it will help with some people recognise what/who you are cosplaying as, also a good costume/prop/weapon will get people to ask you questions about what/who you are, so have some kick ass answers ready and lure them to the dork-side...

also show some pics please

+Quote Post
nezumi
post May 5 2011, 01:44 PM
Post #4

Incertum est quo loco te mors expectet;

Member No.: 5,760

I'm curious how you'd do the hacker so as to stand apart from all of the palid, geeky kids with laptops who'll already be hanging around. Barring that ... which do you have the coolest stuff for?

+Quote Post
DireRadiant
post May 5 2011, 03:27 PM
Post #5

The Dragon Never Sleeps

Group: Admin
Member No.: 7,667

Only a Neurotic Hacker would ask Dumpshock what to wear.

Please wear some pants. That's all I ask.

+Quote Post
AStarshipforAnts
post May 5 2011, 03:28 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

Thanks for the advice, guys. I've done costuming for a few years, so I know the drill. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grinbig.gif)

Last year, I made a few comlink props and spirit gummed a few datajacks and did body armor instead of a generic geek uniform. I have a few odds and ends laying around for either costume: bird skull necklaces, datajacks, access to petri dishes, etc. It's more that I have several ideas, and just can't pick between them.

This year, if I did the hacker, I would do a general geek uniform with a specially made T-shirt referencing Shadowrun things. Also a stupidly large sniper rifle made out of plastic piping. The other runners are armed. The hacker compensates.

QUOTE (nezumi @ May 5 2011, 10:44 AM) *
I'm curious how you'd do the hacker so as to stand apart from all of the palid, geeky kids with laptops who'll already be hanging around. Barring that ... which do you have the coolest stuff for?

+Quote Post
Bull
post May 5 2011, 08:44 PM
Post #7

Grumpy Old Ork Decker

Member No.: 50

I plan to strap my cyberdeck to my arm. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Why yes, Bull still carries a Cyberdeck. It just has a commlink inside of it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Bull

+Quote Post
hobgoblin
post May 5 2011, 08:59 PM
Post #8

panda!

Member No.: 2,242

You ol'timers and your breadboarded comlinks (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
CanRay
post May 5 2011, 09:29 PM
Post #9

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 14,465

QUOTE (Bull @ May 5 2011, 03:44 PM) *
I plan to strap my cyberdeck to my arm. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Why yes, Bull still carries a Cyberdeck. It just has a commlink inside of it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Bull

Surprised you don't have a series of them hardwired together to a large wireless antenna to run a Cluster. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
KarmaInferno
post May 6 2011, 12:04 AM
Post #10

Old Man Jones

Member No.: 1,699

Install an Evo Mobile Terminus nexus inside an old Fairlight Excalibur case.

What? Have you seen the real-life Fairlight synth that the deck was based on? They're huge!

-k

+Quote Post
Bull
post May 6 2011, 01:47 AM
Post #11

Grumpy Old Ork Decker

QUOTE (KarmaInferno @ May 5 2011, 08:04 PM) *
Install an Evo Mobile Terminus nexus inside an old Fairlight Excalibur case.

What? Have you seen the real-life Fairlight synth that the deck was based on? They're huge!

-k

Bull was stubborn. He still lugs around his old Alpha Allegiance case that he started with back in '50 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Bull

+Quote Post
CanRay
post May 6 2011, 01:50 AM
Post #12

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 14,465

QUOTE (Bull @ May 5 2011, 08:47 PM) *
Bull was stubborn. He still lugs around his old Alpha Allegiance case that he started with back in '50 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Bull

Have I mentioned recently that I wish I had been able to play with you folks back in those days recently?

+Quote Post
Bull
post May 6 2011, 01:56 AM
Post #13

Grumpy Old Ork Decker

Anyway, we're off track here. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Let us know what you're going to dress up as, Starship. ANd one thing I HAVE to do this year is actually get pics at the Scramble! I missed it last year as I was working the booth demos at the time, and the previous two years other than a few pics before the event started, I completely forgot to get any pics. :/ Missed out on some good costumes.

I'll actually be toning my costume down for the scramble a little bit. I'll likely be NPCing, and if I do, it will probably be as MacCallister, and he's a bit less... Out there... Than Rush, my Ork Street Sammy. So no mohawk, at the very least (IMG:style_emoticons/default/frown.gif)

Bull

+Quote Post
AStarshipforAnts
post May 6 2011, 03:31 AM
Post #14

Moving Target

I'll do my best to make sure that happens! And let me know if you want any NPCs next year. It sounds like fun!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 06:47 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.