Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Horror Champions
Kesendeja
post May 9 2011, 03:57 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,226

Some horrors prefer to work through mortal agents, which in the current age one would require some subtly to their actions. Not so a Horror Champion. While rare these individuals wear their marks with pride. But the attentions of a Horror are fickle and dangerous thing.

When the champion raise either magic or edge, roll magic + edge twice, once for positive and negative qualities, to determine the disposition of the patron.

CODE
          Metagenetic Qualities*
Hits     Positive      Negative
0            0               15
1-3          10              10
4-5          20               5
6+           30               0
Glitch       -5              +5

* Some metagenetic qualities will be marked "Racial". These are specifically designed for use in creating races and may not be taken as part of SURGE.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mardrax
post May 9 2011, 04:03 PM
Post #2

Running Target

Member No.: 19,228

You might want to enclose that table in [code ] tags so the spacing is preserved.

+Quote Post
Kesendeja
post May 9 2011, 04:23 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

QUOTE (Mardrax @ May 9 2011, 12:03 PM) *
You might want to enclose that table in [code ] tags so the spacing is preserved.

Thanks I didn't know how to do that.

+Quote Post
phlapjack77
post May 10 2011, 01:57 AM
Post #4

Runner

Member No.: 18,611

QUOTE (Kesendeja @ May 9 2011, 11:57 PM) *
Some horrors prefer to work through mortal agents, which in the current age one would require some subtly to their actions. Not so a Horror Champion. While rare these individuals wear their marks with pride. But the attentions of a Horror are fickle and dangerous thing.

Kinda cool idea, but I'd just wonder about the ramifications of an individual wearing a Horror mark out in the open. I'd think the major players of the world wouldn't find that amusing at all...

+Quote Post
Kesendeja
post May 10 2011, 04:38 AM
Post #5

Moving Target

QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ May 9 2011, 08:57 PM) *
Kinda cool idea, but I'd just wonder about the ramifications of an individual wearing a Horror mark out in the open. I'd think the major players of the world wouldn't find that amusing at all...

No they wouldn't, but then again that's kind of the point. They are the Horror's answer to the "Powers That Be". Facing one and it's cult should give player's about as much trouble as an insect hive or other major threat.

+Quote Post
phlapjack77
post May 10 2011, 05:09 AM
Post #6

Runner

QUOTE (Kesendeja @ May 10 2011, 12:38 PM) *
No they wouldn't, but then again that's kind of the point. They are the Horror's answer to the "Powers That Be". Facing one and it's cult should give player's about as much trouble as an insect hive or other major threat.

I'm not thinking this is something for the PCs, though. PCs also don't (shouldn't?) go against Great Dragons, IEs, etc. I'm not totally clear on the backstory, but didn't Dunk. sacrifice himself (more or less) to help slow the Horror incursion? So to actually have a visible, living avatar of the Horrors would seem to invite similar reprisals. All of the "Powers That Be" are heavily invested in stopping the next Horror coming. For someone to brazenly wear a Horror mark is just asking for a visit from a power player (or a Thor shot, take your pick).

+Quote Post
Kesendeja
post May 10 2011, 05:22 AM
Post #7

Moving Target

It's really a matter of scale. They were created for an adventure on the scale of Harlequin's Back. And our game has gotten to the point that the character's fall into the "Prime Runners". Not quite Great Dragon or IE's, but since the campaign shows no sign of ending, give us some time.

But a weak one, one just starting out should be under the radar of most of the PTB's and fodder for characters. It could also, if played with some survival instincts, match pace with the players providing a long term villain.

But they were never meant to be the treat of the night. They only work in a campaign.

+Quote Post
phlapjack77
post May 10 2011, 07:46 AM
Post #8

Runner

But...these are just NPCs then, right? And this "type" of NPC will be very, very rare? I'm not sure why a mechanic or rule needs to be introduced for them. How often will a GM be rolling on this table? Very, very small possibility of maybe once in the whole campaign?

The idea of Horror Champion as a (low-power) recurring villian in a campaign, cool. Needing a table for the villain advancement? Just more needless bookkeeping. The GM should just decide what qualities the villain has, as appropriate.

Honestly, I don't mean to keep crapping on your idea. I actually like the gist of it, feels very Warhammer "Chaos-gift" ish. Just doesn't seem all that necessary or "realistic" in the SR-verse.

+Quote Post
Kesendeja
post May 10 2011, 07:57 AM
Post #9

Moving Target

QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ May 10 2011, 02:46 AM) *
Honestly, I don't mean to keep crapping on your idea. I actually like the gist of it, feels very Warhammer "Chaos-gift" ish. Just doesn't seem all that necessary or "realistic" in the SR-verse.

Guilty as charged about my source material. and the bookkeeping isn't that bad, I've already made a few. Combined with the expanded metagenetics i'm still working on, it actually works rather well.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 09:59 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.