> a couple of questions, help with some questions raised in game
scarius
post May 20 2011, 05:27 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,167

hey guys,

i was just wondering if you could help me out with a few things, as i stated in a different thread i am currently in a game back in my home town, my books arent with me and the guy GMing for us has had a few problem with rules lawyering in the past and as such dosent let anyone have a look at his books (i kind of understand as i was presant for one of these occurences, after the better part of a hour me and the 2 girls that we role play with said that our character go out of coffee, we then went to the pub and go throughly blind, after a good 4-5 hour drinking session we got a sms saying that we could come back and continue the game) as i live a good two states away from my home town and my mate has the books i only had to bring down a character. i helped one of the girls and one of the guy make there characters on the first night and now they have asked me a few questions which i cant answer because i dont know if its right or wrong, and they dont want to ask the GM as they dont know if they want to go this way with their character yet... anyway

we are using S4A, augmentation, runners companion, street magic, unwired, running wild, arsenal

1 is there some sort of track/locate spell that a magic user can use to find people from their auras/hair/skin/personal gear? or is this more of an assenssing (spelling?) thing?
2 is there any bio/cyber ware that incresses your intuition?
3 how can a troll get his body to 15 if you can only get 4(3?) levels of bone density?
4 what drones would you recomend for a rigger? eg: infiltration/exploding/assault/back up/ect ect

i think thats about it for now,

thanks in advance... i hope
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Manunancy
post May 20 2011, 05:39 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,940

1) the logical option there would be ritual magic, using something related to the perosn (hairs, some blood, items wit ha strong emotinoal link, that sort of thigs - if I remember the rules right even a picture might be enough) to track where who lost those bits can be.

The quality of the link item impacts the test - the mor personal and strongly associated the better.

+Quote Post
CanRay
post May 20 2011, 05:51 AM
Post #3

Immortal Elf

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 14,465

QUOTE (scarius @ May 20 2011, 12:27 AM) *
1 is there some sort of track/locate spell that a magic user can use to find people from their auras/hair/skin/personal gear? or is this more of an assenssing (spelling?) thing?
2 is there any bio/cyber ware that incresses your intuition?
3 how can a troll get his body to 15 if you can only get 4(3?) levels of bone density?
4 what drones would you recomend for a rigger? eg: infiltration/exploding/assault/back up/ect ect

1: Ritual Magic using Material Links, Page 28, and the Sympathetic Linking Metamagic, Page 58, both in Street Magic.

2: Dynomitan (Augmentation Page 90) boosts the skills. Qualia (Next page) also does this. Limbic Nanoware (Augmentation again, Page 110), again, skill tests. Intuition is kind of one of those things that can't really be boosted with unnatural means. (Magic being a different form of natural, of course.).

3: Suprathyroid Gland might help.

4: Cheap ones. They get used, a lot. Honestly, the right tool for the right job, so a variety of Drones is highly suggested. But the GM-Nissan Doberman and MCT-Nissan Roto-Drone are good, all-round support drones, and the Renraku Stormcloud for surveillance. (SR4A, Page 350.). Other than that, shop in Arsenal and "This Old Drone".

+Quote Post
Muspellsheimr
post May 20 2011, 07:09 AM
Post #4

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 15,706

1) Ritual Spellcasting allows you to target the character you have a link with, which requires an astral spotter, material link (hair/skin), or sympathetic link (gear/voodoo doll).

Tracking a character like this would be better done using a spirit with the Search power (SR4A p.297).

2) Not really. Basically what CanRay said, but some drugs can be used for a temporary boost.

3) Suprathyroid Gland, cybernetic limbs/torso, and adept powers or other magic are about it. Keep in mind that Bone Density Augmentation does increase Body (the attribute) for damage resistance, so it technically is limited by the augmented maximum. However, because it only applies in a specific instance, most people ignore this and treat it as a dice pool modifier (those that realize it isn't a dice pool modifier to begin with).

4) Best if someone else covers this, as I'm not particularly familiar with drones, nor want to spend the time going over the rules to answer.

+Quote Post
CanRay
post May 20 2011, 07:12 AM
Post #5

Immortal Elf

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 14,465

I forgot the absolutely essential drone for any Rigger!

+Quote Post
Faraday
post May 20 2011, 08:42 AM
Post #6

Running Target

Member No.: 18,155

I dunno, I think this one may be pretty important too.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:43 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.