IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hooding run for medical suplies., What fencable loot might be found?
redwulf25
post May 29 2011, 09:40 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,929

So I'm thinking of sending my players on a run for the Anarchist Black Crescent, who want the runners to swipe some vaccines and other medical supplies that are hard for them to come by but not easily fenced on the street. Of course the ABC is chronically short of (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nuyen.gif) and can't supply more than maybe a little upfront (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nuyen.gif) to help the team obtain gear or pass bribes they think they might need. I expect them to pay for the run by nabbing a few things with a higher street value to fence, but what? They might of course have some cyber arms and/or legs (straight from the factory, 3/3/3/3 stats, no mods) laying around but those sound a bit bulky to lift especially when they're getting crates of other supplies out. Is Bliss used medically as a painkiller/anesthetic? I suppose they might have a few unaugmented rating one cyber eyes and ears ready to ship . . .

Any other ideas?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tyro
post May 29 2011, 09:42 PM
Post #2

Shooting Target

Member No.: 16,558

QUOTE (redwulf25 @ May 29 2011, 02:40 PM) *
So I'm thinking of sending my players on a run for the Anarchist Black Crescent, who want the runners to swipe some vaccines and other medical supplies that are hard for them to come by but not easily fenced on the street. Of course the ABC is chronically short of (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nuyen.gif) and can't supply more than maybe a little upfront (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nuyen.gif) to help the team obtain gear or pass bribes they think they might need. I expect them to pay for the run by nabbing a few things with a higher street value to fence, but what? They might of course have some cyber arms and/or legs (straight from the factory, 3/3/3/3 stats, no mods) laying around but those sound a bit bulky to lift especially when they're getting crates of other supplies out. Is Bliss used medically as a painkiller/anesthetic? I suppose they might have a few unaugmented rating one cyber eyes and ears ready to ship . . .

Any other ideas?

Slab, slap patches, and that one immunosuppressant drug that's used for surgery. Sell to street docs who have trouble getting basic supplies.

+Quote Post
CanRay
post May 29 2011, 10:17 PM
Post #3

Immortal Elf

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 14,465

ABC Equivalent of a DocWagon Contract for a month or two?

Actually, I like that idea. A lot. A punked-out ambulance with Anarchists with AK-98s hanging off the sides come roaring in to save the day!

+Quote Post
Fatum
post May 29 2011, 10:19 PM
Post #4

Runner

Member No.: 17,589

There's a bunch of expensive medical supplies like zeta-interferon and antibac.

+Quote Post
CanRay
post May 29 2011, 10:24 PM
Post #5

Immortal Elf

Hell, even something as common as Oxygenated Fluorocarbons is expensive! And I could see multiple uses for it in various medical procedures.

+Quote Post
Fatum
post May 29 2011, 10:45 PM
Post #6

Runner

Oxygenated Fluorocarbons are expensive cause one dose from Arsenal equals several liters!

+Quote Post
CanRay
post May 29 2011, 10:53 PM
Post #7

Immortal Elf

Ah, well, that would explain things then.

I was wondering why Over-Oxygenated Cloned O-Negative blood was so pricey!

+Quote Post
Udoshi
post May 29 2011, 11:09 PM
Post #8

Runner

Member No.: 17,566

hit up Augmentation's Medtech section. There's a bunch of useful pharmaceuticals.

Drugs, immune boosters, stuff that gives bonus dice to resist disease, infections, and drugs.

Nanoware's another good, small, injectable. Might be nice to give your runners a taste of nanoware(NOT nanocybernetics), tease them a bit, see if any can be convinced to go down the essence-heavy dark side of nanohives. Maybe there's a Genetic Infusion (like Sideways) container left at the target for study when the runners get there.

Easily-obtainable consumer-grade implants. Cybernetics are synonomous with medicine in shadowrun. Alphaware is available off the shelf, so ready-to-install components for Datajacks, Commlinks, Cybereyes and Cyberears are also prime loot snagging opportunities.

If your runners don't have a Medkit 6, now would be a good time to introduce one. Or the more expensive Savior Medkit. If they are clever, maybe they can load up the loot on one of their targets own Crashcard or Orderly drones.

Augmentation also has a list of shop/facility types for medicine beyond just kit/shop/facility. I think beyond those there's one-man ICU, and one for ambulance. (aug 124). Stealing enough equipment to make a Mobile Medical Shop might be nice.

There's nothing wrong with good old electronic theft. Perhaps the hospital IT has fresh install discs/files for cutting edge(literally) surgical agents with adaptability and medicine autosofts.(and probably command) Stealing and cracking such an agent could do wonders to get some medi-drones up and running for an understaffed clinic.

What about just stealing an ambulance. The whole thing, and getting it to a chopshop so it can be stuck in a faraday cage while being de-tagged.

+Quote Post
suoq
post May 29 2011, 11:26 PM
Post #9

Running Target

Member No.: 18,746

Go for the barter market. Do a favor for a favor. Especially if the contact drives an old Stingray.

ABC can provide a place to get that 'ware replaced. They could provide a crash pad, a safe house, a lab, a workshop. They can smuggle you in or smuggle you out. They can help work up a new fake ID and declare you dead. They can introduce you to their friends (and what an interesting collection of friends they must have...). They can help patch up "misunderstandings". They can do wonders for your reputation. They can make your next job a whole lot easier or introduce you to the people who will bring that next job to you.

+Quote Post
Troyminator
post May 30 2011, 12:05 AM
Post #10

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,703

I'm reading through Feral Cities right now. IF your ABC is in Chicago (or any feral place/Z zone), just about anything can be taken for (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nuyen.gif) , barter and/or favors: clean water, asprin, basic anti-biotics, pain killers. While they may not bring a crapload of (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nuyen.gif) , it can add up.

+Quote Post
Sengir
post May 30 2011, 02:21 PM
Post #11

Great Dragon

Member No.: 17,709

Antibiotics against resistant bacteria - very expensive but easy to carry.

+Quote Post
Fortinbras
post May 30 2011, 02:30 PM
Post #12

Moving Target

Member No.: 14,589

Type O organs.
If they are just looking for medicine to sell, then auto-immune medications.
As I understand it, auto immune disease is more common in the developed world because everything is just too clean. Not a medical fact, but a theory that plays well into the Shadowrun mythos of class warfare.

Also, antihistamines for people who have an allergy to soy!

+Quote Post
Muspellsheimr
post May 30 2011, 02:45 PM
Post #13

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 15,706

Watch this episode (better quality is available on hulu or similar sites if you have a membership).

Also, nanites.

+Quote Post
Fortinbras
post May 30 2011, 02:49 PM
Post #14

Moving Target

Member No.: 14,589

QUOTE (Muspellsheimr @ May 30 2011, 09:45 AM) *
Watch this episode (better quality is available on hulu or similar sites if you have a membership).

Also, nanites.

Heck, watch every episode of "Firefly." Do it or have your nerd card revoked!

+Quote Post
Troyminator
post May 30 2011, 03:58 PM
Post #15

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,703

QUOTE (Fortinbras @ May 30 2011, 10:49 AM) *
Heck, watch every episode of "Firefly." Do it or have your nerd card revoked!

I didn't discover Firefly until after it was cancelled. I so wanted to firebomb Fox hq for cancelling it

+Quote Post
Tyro
post May 30 2011, 06:22 PM
Post #16

Shooting Target

Member No.: 16,558

QUOTE (Troyminator @ May 30 2011, 08:58 AM) *
I didn't discover Firefly until after it was cancelled. I so wanted to firebomb Fox hq for cancelling it

Join the club :-/

+Quote Post
Drace
post May 30 2011, 06:36 PM
Post #17

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,936

A good source of income could be simple data. Who buys what drugs, what drugs are in testing, who is making said drugs. That alone could be the cause for several runs, let alone good consolation swag. Also, anything that is easy to carry but is restriced in some way.

Medicinal drugs, medical grade equipment etc. Anything that it would take a Street doc alot of time to get but is easy for the runners to carry can net them alot of cash and make the street doc a good friend, as long as he doesnt get caught. You don't even really have to worry about the major expensive crap that you may have troubles finding a buyer for really.

+Quote Post
Fatum
post May 30 2011, 07:05 PM
Post #18

Runner

QUOTE (Tyro @ May 30 2011, 10:22 PM) *
Join the club :-/
I hate Firefly if only because everyone loves it.

+Quote Post
Irion
post May 30 2011, 07:16 PM
Post #19

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 18,860

Who if you go to a research lab you may get stuff...
Today the most expensive fluid is water with heavy oxygen. (Used for researching the oxygen transportation in the human body)
Cost around 60.000.000 per liter.

So yes there is a lot to snatch. Try to stay away from dangerous stuff. (Stuff for radiotherapie or so, or you might get a lot of heat)

In general if you get your hand on medicine which is in the orignial concentration, this stuff is very expensive.

+Quote Post
CanRay
post May 30 2011, 08:22 PM
Post #20

Immortal Elf

QUOTE (Fatum @ May 30 2011, 02:05 PM) *
I hate Firefly if only because everyone loves it.

Bet you hate bands only because other people love them, and not because it's bad, in addition, right? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

During Crash 2.0, T-Bird smugglers were pretty much the only "Organized" group that was able to get supplies of anything to communities all over the place. Even something as simple as sterile bandages can be a huge benefit and price gouged out the wazoo in some hellholes.

+Quote Post
redwulf25
post May 30 2011, 08:58 PM
Post #21

Moving Target

QUOTE (Muspellsheimr @ May 30 2011, 10:45 AM) *

Also, nanites.

Ariel was part of the inspiration actually. I just wasn't sure what specifically a Shadowrun hospital/medical supply center would have laying around that might be fenceable to non-doctor types. Anything that qualifies as medicine will probably be going to the ABC, I was thinking more along the lines of medicines that might double as street drugs or cybernetics. Got some good ideas from the thread so far, thanks. Not sure a hospital/medical supply center would have datajacks or headware comlinks laying around though, from the fluff going out to get those sounds more like dropping by a store in the mall to get a piercing or a tattoo today rather than going down to the hospital for a medical procedure.

+Quote Post
redwulf25
post May 30 2011, 09:00 PM
Post #22

Moving Target

QUOTE (Drace @ May 30 2011, 02:36 PM) *
A good source of income could be simple data. Who buys what drugs, what drugs are in testing, who is making said drugs. That alone could be the cause for several runs, let alone good consolation swag. Also, anything that is easy to carry but is restriced in some way.

An excellent suggestion that I hadn't thought of thanks.

+Quote Post
CanRay
post May 30 2011, 09:02 PM
Post #23

Immortal Elf

"So, they're working on a drug that will cure people from HMHVV?"

"Well, let's just say they won't be suffering from the virus any more. Or any other kind of suffering, for that matter..."

+Quote Post
Fatum
post May 30 2011, 10:39 PM
Post #24

Runner

QUOTE (CanRay @ May 31 2011, 12:22 AM) *
Bet you hate bands only because other people love them, and not because it's bad, in addition, right? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)
I don't have people telling me "listen to Lady Gaga/whatever; do it or have your nerd card revoked"!

Also, back on topic: all in all, medical supplies and chems are easily the best kind of loot, if only they're not as hot as the weaponry. So it should be rather easy to give the runners as many nuyen as needed.

+Quote Post
redwulf25
post May 30 2011, 11:16 PM
Post #25

Moving Target

QUOTE (Fatum @ May 30 2011, 06:39 PM) *
I don't have people telling me "listen to Lady Gaga/whatever; do it or have your nerd card revoked"!

That's because it's refusing to listen to Weird Al or Doctor Demento that gets your nerd card revoked, not Lady Gaga.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 09:45 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.