Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mission legal
Chance359
post Jun 22 2011, 10:46 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 313

With all the new books that have dropped recently, can we get an idea when they will be reviewed and available for use in missions? I know most of the stuff from WAR! and Way of the Adapt is disallowed, but what about spy games and this old drone?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
KarmaInferno
post Jun 23 2011, 12:53 PM
Post #2

Old Man Jones

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 1,699

Previous official replies to "when is it legal" have been "When the physical book hits the bookstores, or when it gets offered for PDF-only products".

The standard "no optional rules allowed" rule applies, of course, and as you noted Way of the Adept specifically is NOT Missions-legal.

The equipment from War is allowed, it's just the optional rules that are not, as far as I know.

-k

+Quote Post
sgtbarnesKY
post Jun 27 2011, 06:10 PM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 18,719

The PDF books are legal after a month of being out, according to the Missions Coordinator

+Quote Post
DWC
post Jun 27 2011, 07:49 PM
Post #4

Shooting Target

Member No.: 13,526

QUOTE (sgtbarnesKY @ Jun 27 2011, 02:10 PM) *
The PDF books are legal after a month of being out, according to the Missions Coordinator

Nice. I guess I know what my first purchase at Gencon will be. Anyone going to Indy that has a Missions character who might want a totally unused Ares Desert Strike? It's going to be nice to be able to replace that beast with a nice, neat, long barrel Sig 574.

+Quote Post
Bull
post Jun 27 2011, 10:09 PM
Post #5

Grumpy Old Ork Decker

Group: Admin
Member No.: 50

Print Books are legal when the hardcopy version hits street date.

PDF only products, such as the eBook line, are mostly legal 30 days after they are released. Any optional rules in said books are NOT legal unless otherwise stated in an updated FAQ. The main reason for the delay is both to give us a chance to catch something that is obviously broken and fix it (Either through eBook eratta, or with an FAQ update) and to give the product a chance to be picked up by the masses, since a lareg portion of Shadowrun players don't check out the website, forums, or facebook page on a daily basis and snap up new PDFs the moment they're released (shocking, I know! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) )

Bull

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:44 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.