Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Those aren't real either
Snow_Fox
post Jul 15 2011, 12:33 PM
Post #1

Prime Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,221

Ok even in the 20th century there are enhancements that seem to get guys' attentions. When guys we are close to stare at these women we, women, will point out "those aren't real you know." The response, when we get one, is "Don't care." Followed by some grunting and references to finding a mammoth for dinner. Like wisenose jobs and facial sculpting is here now and people talk about cheek bones that can't be natural.

BUT

watching a music video the other day I had a thought about other changes. In the video "Shake it for me (country girl) " it starts with the dancers talknig about learning as routine, the idea being as they dance they are scaled down until one become 'the' girl for the video. as she pranced around with high kicks a long steps I thought how much better would she be if she had SR's enhanced articulation? The same would go for dancers on Dancing With the Stars/Strictly Ballroom? Would there be a whole new set of what we use for B&E that would be big inthe entertainment field? Would girls get them too even if not dancers the ways some girls get nose jobs? would it be a big market?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Wakshaani
post Jul 15 2011, 01:10 PM
Post #2

Shooting Target

Member No.: 4,629

As usual, "Follow the money".

At, what, 45,000 nuyen (Or is it 20? I forget), compared to the thousand for a (entry-level) boob job, Articulation is simply way out of line for the average poledancer. A skilled "Feature performer" might start looking into it (And take out a loan from a crime family, which, really, is the start of an adventure seed ... Crystal, exotic Elf dancer, is in deep to the Yakuza and needs help. Their offer of how she can pay it off ain't happening, but she has this one regular customer who she's pretty sure is a shadowrunner...)

Once you get to a more avanced payout level, such as a Vegas showgirl, dancers for a big money rocker, or certain exotic simstars, then it becomes an option that several look at.

Of course, a few professional athelelets jump in, hopefully in sports where augmentation is okay, but some try to slip it in past the majors, since it doesn't exactly show up on a drug test. "Wow Barry, still pitching those fastballs at forty two? What's your secret?" "Good diest, excercise, and NERPS pain reliever." "*snort* And a ten grand payoff to my team to influence a medical report. *tridclick*"

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Jul 15 2011, 01:35 PM
Post #3

The ShadowComedian

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 13,525

Well, there are things to be said about girls able to touch their ankles behind their neck . .
mainly that they are flexbile, of course . .

SAMUS ARAN
She can contort herself into a ball.
She must fuck like a tiger.

+Quote Post
Jizmack
post Jul 15 2011, 10:29 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 19,151

Body augmentations always get their start (introduction into a society) by way of two modes:
1. Prosthetics – to aid in becoming “normal” mostly in a functional sense.
2. Cosmetics – to aid in becoming “better than normal” mostly for attractiveness.

All the augmentations available to shadowrunners are undoubtedly an evolution of prosthetic and cosmetic enhancements.
So, ballroom dancers with enhanced articulation would have been around years before Street Sams got them.

+Quote Post
Glyph
post Jul 17 2011, 04:20 AM
Post #5

Great Dragon

Member No.: 1,449

I don't have all of my older books any longer, but IIRC, when enhanced articulation first appeared, two of the shadowtalkers were talking about someone who had it, and a third shadowtalker asked if they were talking about a new dancer at some place again. So it definitely was used by people like dancers, as well as shadowrunners. Just, at the price tag, it's probably reserved for the upper-echelon performers.

There are a ton of things a performer in Shadowrun could get. Muscle toner, synthcardium, reflex recorders, neo-EPO, and enhanced articulation can make a superhuman dancer. There are also things like extended volume, elastic joints, vocal range enhancer, tailored pheromones, clean metabolism, cosmetic biomodifications, sleep regulator, and more. A former entertainer, or the "pet" of some mover & shaker, would be a good background for a face, actually.

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Jul 17 2011, 05:35 AM
Post #6

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 14,465

Now I want some mammoth for dinner.

Buffalo will do, and is actually available here. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

But, on topic, yes they'll be good for high-end niche groups, but there's also folks like me that can't help but only want the real thing. 'Course, I'm a sick, twisted self-confessed and unabashed deviant, so I'm probably not the best example...

Actually, I've been referred to as "The best negative example we can think of" for quite a number of things...

+Quote Post
Udoshi
post Jul 17 2011, 07:28 AM
Post #7

Runner

Member No.: 17,566

Buffalo is fantastic, and makes delicious burgers.

One thing to keep in mind in shadowrun, with the advent of Bioware and bladeless surgery, is that the era of plastic surgery, botched nosejobs, and fake tits is kind of gone. Medicine can pretty much grow that stuff right onto a patient.

I also think that cosmetic surgery of this nature is actually a lot more common among the joe averages and jane does of the sixth world: Per Runner's Companion, anyone who has a middle+ lifestyle can just afford cosmetic surgery now and again. High can bill their lifestyle for occasional geneware. And people who can afford luxury categories for more than a few months can do pretty much anything they want.

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Jul 17 2011, 02:53 PM
Post #8

Immortal Elf

As long as they stay away from the mods that make them look insect-like for some reason.

Those never go into style...

+Quote Post
Tymeaus Jalynsfe...
post Jul 17 2011, 02:55 PM
Post #9

Prime Runner Ascendant

Member No.: 17,022

QUOTE (CanRay @ Jul 17 2011, 07:53 AM) *
As long as they stay away from the mods that make them look insect-like for some reason.

Sucks to look like an Insect... Everyone is always out to kill you then. No one ever looks under the Chitin to really get to know you. Makes me a sad Spider indeed. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/frown.gif)

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Jul 17 2011, 03:19 PM
Post #10

Immortal Elf

Snow Fox, you do realize that I'm now going to be going through the whole list of Cybernetics and Bioware to figure out what can be used in the sex trade, right?

WHAT HAS SCIENCE DONE?

+Quote Post
HunterHerne
post Jul 17 2011, 05:26 PM
Post #11

Running Target

Member No.: 19,166

QUOTE (CanRay @ Jul 17 2011, 11:19 AM) *
Snow Fox, you do realize that I'm now going to be going through the whole list of Cybernetics and Bioware to figure out what can be used in the sex trade, right?

Wait, you mean you haven't done that yet?

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Jul 17 2011, 05:31 PM
Post #12

Immortal Elf

Too many projects, not enough time.

+Quote Post
HunterHerne
post Jul 17 2011, 05:35 PM
Post #13

Running Target

QUOTE (CanRay @ Jul 17 2011, 01:31 PM) *
Too many projects, not enough time.

Well, I looked at them for an NPC concept. Not a lot that really works (and is cost effective) outside the things used for Personafix dolls in Bunraku parlours.

+Quote Post
hermit
post Jul 17 2011, 05:39 PM
Post #14

The King In Yellow

Member No.: 7,121

Ok even in the 20th century there are enhancements that seem to get guys' attentions. When guys we are close to stare at these women we, women, will point out "those aren't real you know." The response, when we get one, is "Don't care." Followed by some grunting and references to finding a mammoth for dinner. Like wisenose jobs and facial sculpting is here now and people talk about cheek bones that can't be natural.

There's also butt and muscle padding, penis lengthening (does bad things to the prostate for all i know, but whatever floats your boat), sex change OPs that produce near-believable results sometimes, and laser treatments to permanently remove hair or notably enhance vision. Oh, and vaginal rejuvenation surgery, another of those American trends.

There's a whole host of implants in Arsenal for that, from silkyskin and sensitive skin to inflat-o-boobs to penile/vaginal implants (with capacity cost, so if you want one in your cyberarm's elbow ...) to bioshaping, which can be anything from corrective surgery (which was statted in SR3 to give +1 Charisma) to sex changes to transforming yourself into a furry with genitals in interesting places. You could exchange penis and nose if you think that a good idea and have both functional, by the rules.

Also, thanks for proving that women are just as sexist as men most of the time. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
Tanegar
post Jul 17 2011, 06:01 PM
Post #15

Runner

Member No.: 9,731

QUOTE (hermit @ Jul 17 2011, 01:39 PM) *
You could exchange penis and nose if you think that a good idea and have both functional, by the rules.

Hola, Señor Koquonfaes!

+Quote Post
hobgoblin
post Jul 17 2011, 06:36 PM
Post #16

panda!

Member No.: 2,242

I have long suspected that the first gen of wired reflexes will come from a "prosthetic" to aid people with some kind of neuro-muscular issue. Then perhaps they find that said patients get a better then normal reaction time out of it. From there to government, corp and shadows is likely short.

Hell, real life US fighter pilots are issues Speed during long missions...

+Quote Post
Glyph
post Jul 17 2011, 07:29 PM
Post #17

Great Dragon

Member No.: 1,449

QUOTE (CanRay @ Jul 17 2011, 07:53 AM) *

Mantis spirits think they're hot.

+Quote Post
HunterHerne
post Jul 17 2011, 07:30 PM
Post #18

Running Target

QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Jul 17 2011, 03:36 PM) *
I have long suspected that the first gen of wired reflexes will come from a "prosthetic" to aid people with some kind of neuro-muscular issue. Then perhaps they find that said patients get a better then normal reaction time out of it. From there to government, corp and shadows is likely short.

I'm sure everyone thinks that. And Muscle Replacement will become available for people who have degenerative muscle disorders.

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Jul 17 2011, 08:32 PM
Post #19

Immortal Elf

QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Jul 17 2011, 01:36 PM) *
Methamphetamines were issued to tank and aircraft crews in WWII on almost every side of the war. It was also trademarked and sold legally in Japan. And it's rumored that Hitler was a Meth Head, too.

One of the characters I write has low-level wired reflexes due to nerve damage as a result of having a building fall upon him (He's also had his skin grown back as Orthoskin with the Smart Insulation modification and titanium-reenforced bones when they were knitted back together. A few of his bones are pure titanium.). High end and stylish Zeiss Uhu Mk. 2 series Cyberoptics that were just declassified as military issue only when he got them as well, with custom options. Of course, he needed the eyes because his wife's skull splinters did severe damage to his optical nerves before the building came down... Cyberaudio system (Bose) as well, because the bomb ruptured his ear drums past the point of recovery. Lots of dental work, too.

Needless to say, he hates flying, and prefers airships as security is more interested in background than hijacking, and he's a SINner.

EDIT: He's a major promoter of Doc Wagon and their health insurance plans, having won "The Life Insurance Lottery" as far as he's concerned. "Get Doc Wagon coverage, and check ALL the electives!"

+Quote Post
hobgoblin
post Jul 17 2011, 10:09 PM
Post #20

panda!

Member No.: 2,242

QUOTE (CanRay @ Jul 17 2011, 10:32 PM) *
Methamphetamines were issued to tank and aircraft crews in WWII on almost every side of the war. It was also trademarked and sold legally in Japan. And it's rumored that Hitler was a Meth Head, too.

Perhaps, but very few else maintain the practice to this day.

+Quote Post
BookWyrm
post Jul 17 2011, 10:57 PM
Post #21

Running Target

Member No.: 2,607

Like any meat, Mammoth, when properly cured, can be quite tasty.

+Quote Post
Tymeaus Jalynsfe...
post Jul 18 2011, 02:50 AM
Post #22

Prime Runner Ascendant

QUOTE (Glyph @ Jul 17 2011, 12:29 PM) *
Mantis spirits think they're hot.

Heh... I am sure that a meeting between the two would be quite entertaining indeed... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Jul 18 2011, 03:30 AM
Post #23

Immortal Elf

Date and dinner.

In that order.

+Quote Post
Tymeaus Jalynsfe...
post Jul 18 2011, 12:46 PM
Post #24

Prime Runner Ascendant

QUOTE (CanRay @ Jul 17 2011, 09:30 PM) *
Date and dinner.

In that order.

What more could you ask for? Oh wait, I know... "That was pleasant, Please don't kill me and eat me now." (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Jul 18 2011, 01:11 PM
Post #25

The ShadowComedian

Member No.: 13,525

*shrugs*
some people like carnivorous women . .

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:16 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.