IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Best Run Book, Ghost cartels, Emergence...
DamienKnight
post Jul 15 2011, 06:40 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,014

I have started running my group through the Ghost Cartels campaign. So far so good. Reading through it has inspired me to ask... are there any other Campaign books that anyone suggests? What is the best... and what is crap? I want to keep my group in Seattle, though none of us are so boned up on Seattle lore that they will notice if I start using locations from a Denver or New York run, so I am willing to adapt scenarios from other cities if the material is exciting enough.

I did run them through a mission in Chicago once, based on materials in the Feral Cities book and my people loved it. I would be willing to include one-off missions in other cities, but prefer to keep things local to Seattle when possible. Feral Cities was neat, but I do not have the determination to generate an entire campaign based on it.

Anyway, share you thoughts, direct me to books and resources, and tell your stories.

Oh, and is it just me, or did the first run from Ghost Cartels have a disturbing lack of action? My group was not happy about that, although I was glad to highlight their combat-oriented characters lack of legwork skills. I think the second mission will satiate their bloodlust, as it is basically a non-stop action run with very high threat opponents. (the book shows ideas of how characters can use legwork to avoid alot of the threat, but I seriously doubt my group will be clever enough to avoid a single fight...)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hermit
post Jul 15 2011, 08:23 PM
Post #2

The King In Yellow

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 7,121

Blut & Spiele. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

No, while it's good, my all-time faves are the old books. Imago, Harlequin, Celtic Doublecross, Ivy&Chrome, Dark Angel, One Stage Before ...

The new Missions are also pretty good, though. Especially the first.

As for action: That is very difficult to balance. If you feel an adventure lacks action, put it in yourself. Me, I sometimes feel an adventure is too combat heavy when every second encounter has some foes to be shot. YMMV.

+Quote Post
Aku
post Jul 16 2011, 02:55 AM
Post #3

Running, running, running

Member No.: 6,769

I think im tired: i read this thread title as "Breast run book" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
tete
post Jul 16 2011, 10:26 PM
Post #4

Running Target

Member No.: 1,139

I agree with Hermit and add my favorite Mecurial, please note Mecurial as written is terrible but the ideas are solid if you don't mind rewriting the railroad and silly parts.

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Jul 17 2011, 12:01 AM
Post #5

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 14,465

QUOTE (Aku @ Jul 15 2011, 09:55 PM) *
I think im tired: i read this thread title as "Breast run book" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
That would be "Attitude".

+Quote Post
Tymeaus Jalynsfe...
post Jul 17 2011, 01:47 AM
Post #6

Prime Runner Ascendant

Member No.: 17,022

QUOTE (CanRay @ Jul 16 2011, 05:01 PM) *
That would be "Attitude".

Heh... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
Have to say, they are very nice...

+Quote Post
Wakshaani
post Jul 17 2011, 03:38 AM
Post #7

Shooting Target

Member No.: 4,629

QUOTE (hermit @ Jul 15 2011, 09:23 PM) *
Blut & Spiele. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

No, while it's good, my all-time faves are the old books. Imago, Harlequin, Celtic Doublecross, Ivy&Chrome, Dark Angel, One Stage Before ...

Imago

Imago

IMAGO

[img]http://image.yaymicro.com/rz_1210x1210/0/dc/horrified-senior-woman-dc50f.jpg[/img]

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:40 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.