IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Special Rule for Stun Damage, Should lots of stun do some physical damage?
Jizmack
post Jul 15 2011, 10:16 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,151

This house rule only applies to Stun Damage caused by regular weapons and unarmed attacks, like gel rounds and clubs. It does not apply to magical, chemical, electrical, fatigue, or otherwise non-kinetic sources of Stun Damage.

I need some feedback regarding the following house rule:
Every 3 Boxes of Stun Damage Also Causes 1 Box of Physical Damage.

For example, if a target is hit by gels rounds and after damage resistance suffers 7 boxes of Stun Damage, he/she also suffers 2 boxes of Physical Damage.

Using the same Armor rule for Physical Damage; if the modified Stun Damage does not exceed the AP-modified armor rating, then the attack will only cause Stun damage and no additional Physical damage.

Knockdown rules remain the same and do not take into account the additional boxes of Physical Damage.

The intent of this house rule is to make the so-called “non-lethal” ammo or melee weapons a bit more harmful and realistic.

I thank everyone in advance for any constructive feedback.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Shinobi Killfist
post Jul 15 2011, 10:29 PM
Post #2

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 5,872

I wouldn't make it additive damage, I'd make it a substitution.

So for every 3 boxes of damage you take 2 boxes of stun and 1 box of physical. This way it isn't just a power up for punches and pure stun attacks would have an edge in the KO department.

+Quote Post
HunterHerne
post Jul 15 2011, 10:30 PM
Post #3

Running Target

Member No.: 19,166

I say, use the severe damage rules as they exist. If the character is taking 7 boxes of damage, make him roll an edge (1) test, if he fails, maybe that damage hit a major pressure point, and causes actual damage instead of stun.

There is an option within the optional rule that these effects automatically happen. Personally, I feel that is too severe. But, if you don't like how often players might avoid the disastrous effects, maybe apply a negetive dice pool modifier. I would suggest -1 for every damage past 7 (So 8 damage reduces the pool by 1, and 9 reduces it by 2)

+Quote Post
Mäx
post Jul 15 2011, 10:30 PM
Post #4

Prime Runner

Member No.: 15,628

QUOTE (Jizmack @ Jul 16 2011, 01:16 AM) *
The intent of this house rule is to make the so-called “non-lethal” ammo or melee weapons a bit more harmful and realistic.

Heh, it's allready quite possible to unintentionally kill your target with those non lethal options, and you wan't to seriously make them more harmful?

+Quote Post
HunterHerne
post Jul 15 2011, 10:35 PM
Post #5

Running Target

Member No.: 19,166

QUOTE (Mäx @ Jul 15 2011, 06:30 PM) *
Heh, it's allready quite possible to unintentionally kill your target with those non lethal options, and you wan't to seriously make them more harmful?

This is true. Had a player once who didn't like killing the opposition. He was using Stick-n-shock, and had had trouble before with people not dying from Ex-ex ammo. So, he double taps a lowly paracritter. It dies, but isn't the end of the world, and completely caught him off guard. Had a little laugh when he finally closed his mouth after the shock wore off.

+Quote Post
Shinobi Killfist
post Jul 15 2011, 10:36 PM
Post #6

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 5,872

QUOTE (Mäx @ Jul 15 2011, 05:30 PM) *

I'm guessing he is thinking about how you can break a few ribs in a fight and still be conscious in real life, but in SR you generally don't start taking physical damage from a punch until you are unconscious.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 11:26 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.