IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Shadowrun Fake Licenses, Compiling List of Fake Licenses available in Sixth World
Bushw4cker
post Jul 17 2011, 09:27 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,830

Please feel free to add or Comment
(especially on ones that can be worded better)

Paranormal Animal Handling Permit
Lone Star Officer
Gun License
Detective License
Pilots License
Drivers License
Press License
Building Inspector License
Technomancer License
Magician License
Spirit Summoning License
License to Kill
Talismongering License

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bushw4cker
post Jul 17 2011, 09:33 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Shadowrunning License

"What! let me see that?!"
"Well it scans Legit...guess we got to let them in."
"Where's your R&D?"
"It's down that hall, second door on your left, you can't miss it."

+Quote Post
LurkerOutThere
post Jul 17 2011, 09:39 AM
Post #3

Runner

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 17,234

Building inspector isn't a license it's a position or job, ditto for lone star officer, you might cost them like fake licenses but their really a form of fake ID,

Matrix Security Consultant
Locksmith/Security Equipment Vendor
Bounty Hunting License
Doctors License (Credentials might be a better term but functionally the same thing)
Lawyer's License (See above)

+Quote Post
KCKitsune
post Jul 17 2011, 10:22 AM
Post #4

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 15,665

I don't think that there is something like a "License to Kill". That's something thought up for James Bond.

Also I don't think that there is a license to be a magician or a technomancer. Now there can be a license for being allowed to know certain attack spells or complex forms (kinda like a gun license).

+Quote Post
Bushw4cker
post Jul 17 2011, 10:50 AM
Post #5

Moving Target

QUOTE (KCKitsune @ Jul 17 2011, 11:22 AM) *
I don't think that there is something like a "License to Kill". That's something thought up for James Bond.

Also I don't think that there is a license to be a magician or a technomancer. Now there can be a license for being allowed to know certain attack spells or complex forms (kinda like a gun license).

License to Kill and Shadowrunning License are a joke, just fyi 8P

+Quote Post
HunterHerne
post Jul 17 2011, 11:43 AM
Post #6

Running Target

Member No.: 19,166

QUOTE (KCKitsune @ Jul 17 2011, 06:22 AM) *

Actually, in the fluff, some places do need you to be registered to allow you to make use of your Magician abilities legally. The UCAS and CAS are two of those place. Awakened Yakut and Amazonia are not.

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Jul 17 2011, 02:57 PM
Post #7

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 14,465

QUOTE (Bushw4cker @ Jul 17 2011, 04:33 AM) *
Shadowrunning License
Probably not a joke in LA.

Show it to the guards before the heist, and everyone has a full-on agreement to use dirty powdered low-lethality rounds to make for impressive gunfights and other things that'll look good on the 'Trids yet still allow everyone to go home to the loved ones afterwards.

+Quote Post
Tymeaus Jalynsfe...
post Jul 17 2011, 03:01 PM
Post #8

Prime Runner Ascendant

Member No.: 17,022

QUOTE (CanRay @ Jul 17 2011, 07:57 AM) *
Probably not a joke in LA.

Show it to the guards before the heist, and everyone has a full-on agreement to use dirty powdered low-lethality rounds to make for impressive gunfights and other things that'll look good on the 'Trids yet still allow everyone to go home to the loved ones afterwards.

Indeed, I like that... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wobble.gif)

+Quote Post
Makki
post Jul 18 2011, 12:51 PM
Post #9

Running Target

Member No.: 18,036

QUOTE (LurkerOutThere @ Jul 17 2011, 04:39 AM) *
Building inspector isn't a license it's a position or job, ditto for lone star officer, you might cost them like fake licenses but their really a form of fake ID,

Bull recently pointed out, that a fake license could just be a fake badge (which I guess probably has some AR backup to its material appearance)

if you need a license for everything that's R, you would need
-Shock Frills license
-ECCM Software license
-concealed carrying license, smartlink license
-Cram license, Jazz license

+Quote Post
Gerzel
post Jul 18 2011, 01:02 PM
Post #10

Moving Target

Member No.: 10,771

This comes in big with the game I'm running right now set in Denver.

Answering the question of what licenses do you need to take a handgun(or other licensed item/activity) into any sector of the city can be a bit frustrating for moi. In the end I generally let the player run with what they seem to think is needed. If I think they are wasting points I'll have them cut back if they are being too stingy well that might just get resolved in game (though I will give them some hints before that).

Until we actually get regular listings of licenses by nation we'll never really know. Even then we won't really know because different nations will handle licenses from other nations differently dependent on treaties and rules between nations. Even if you give blanket agreements that a license in one nation will cover them all (You really think they would allow that?) the agents of said corp and nation can still cause problems and it is still up in the air exactly how that license would be accepted, and hey that is how it works in the real world sometimes. Laws can be arcane.

+Quote Post
Aku
post Jul 18 2011, 01:40 PM
Post #11

Running, running, running

Member No.: 6,769

QUOTE (Gerzel @ Jul 18 2011, 08:02 AM) *
This comes in big with the game I'm running right now set in Denver.

Answering the question of what licenses do you need to take a handgun(or other licensed item/activity) into any sector of the city can be a bit frustrating for moi. In the end I generally let the player run with what they seem to think is needed. If I think they are wasting points I'll have them cut back if they are being too stingy well that might just get resolved in game (though I will give them some hints before that).

Until we actually get regular listings of licenses by nation we'll never really know. Even then we won't really know because different nations will handle licenses from other nations differently dependent on treaties and rules between nations. Even if you give blanket agreements that a license in one nation will cover them all (You really think they would allow that?) the agents of said corp and nation can still cause problems and it is still up in the air exactly how that license would be accepted, and hey that is how it works in the real world sometimes. Laws can be arcane.

Yea, this is something that's eluded to in the books, but never really spelled out. I think the example in the books is the difference in magic licenses between say the UCAS, and the Tir. In the UCAS, you need a license for every spell, since they consider mages rare, and scary, where as in the Tir, they're all elves and <breaks out in song> they believe in maaggiiiccc </song> so the license are different.

Its something that the GM would need to set by default for the characters. Myself, if i ever GM again (which according to my previous players, should never, ever happen) I'd probably say for UCAS that one license is required for all "Personal" firearms (defined as non autmatics Pistols, rifles and shotguns), a separate one for automatic weapons, and one for Heavy weaponry(machineguns, rocket/missle launchers, etc), a license for vehicle/drone mounted weaponry... and a individual license for any exotic weapons

I wouldnt require licenses for each weapon, except exotics as listed above.

+Quote Post
squee_nabob
post Jul 18 2011, 01:42 PM
Post #12

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,969

A hacker's license (to own hacking programs)

+Quote Post
LurkerOutThere
post Jul 18 2011, 01:47 PM
Post #13

Runner

Member No.: 17,234

Goes back to matrix security professional.

+Quote Post
Gerzel
post Jul 18 2011, 01:56 PM
Post #14

Moving Target

Ah hacking licenses brings in ever more questions.

"But officer I have a license to use this software."

"Not in the Tir."

"We're not in the Tir!"

"The server you accessed is."

+Quote Post
Aku
post Jul 18 2011, 01:58 PM
Post #15

of course, that involves the Tir finding where you are, and having an extradition agreement with where ever you are, or are willing to send a shadowrun team against you. Or hiring you themselves.

+Quote Post
Lansdren
post Jul 18 2011, 02:08 PM
Post #16

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,848

I'm always fond being a licensed "Preternatural Pest Control Officer"

"Yes officer is a shotgun, have you seen the size of those devilrats"

+Quote Post
capt.pantsless
post Jul 18 2011, 02:25 PM
Post #17

Moving Target

Member No.: 19,032

Couriers' License

Armored van, carrying high-value cargo, etc. A good rating might even get you past the front gate of a corp. facility. Not only that, but a license might help as 'supporting evidence' if you get caught by Lone Star and they find your machine-guns.

+Quote Post
Gerzel
post Jul 18 2011, 02:27 PM
Post #18

Moving Target

QUOTE (Aku @ Jul 18 2011, 08:58 AM) *
of course, that involves the Tir finding where you are, and having an extradition agreement with where ever you are, or are willing to send a shadowrun team against you. Or hiring you themselves.

And that all depends on how much the Tir wants you and is willing to bribe and bully, er pay and negotiate for you. If the officer is talking to you the answer is "enough."

+Quote Post
Medicineman
post Jul 18 2011, 02:29 PM
Post #19

Shooting Target

Member No.: 7,015

"Running on the Highway " Licence (for my Troll Char that does 88Meters/Rd (+ Successes on Running Test))

with a Dance on The Highway
Medicineman

+Quote Post
Fyndhal
post Jul 18 2011, 03:29 PM
Post #20

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,254

Carry Concealed Weapon Permit (aka License)
License to Practice Medicine
License to Sell Firearms

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Jul 18 2011, 05:22 PM
Post #21

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 14,465

License to Thrill!

+Quote Post
HunterHerne
post Jul 18 2011, 07:36 PM
Post #22

Running Target

Member No.: 19,166

Possibly a nitpick, but in some places, there are other types of what is generally the same license. Gun Owners license allows you to own firearms, but not necessarily ammunition. Then there is a Firearm carrier license, which allows you to actually have the gun with you, and generally only applies to sidearms (Holdouts and pistols). For Longarms, a hunting License will generally suffice, as long as you are in a rural area. Otherwise, it would fall under the other categories.

And a seperate license for ammunition, of course.

+Quote Post
JanessaVR
post Jul 18 2011, 08:43 PM
Post #23

Awakened Master Ninja

Member No.: 10,844

QUOTE (Bushw4cker @ Jul 17 2011, 02:33 AM) *
Shadowrunning License

"What! let me see that?!"
"Well it scans Legit...guess we got to let them in."
"Where's your R&D?"
"It's down that hall, second door on your left, you can't miss it."

ROFLMAO! Yeah, need to get one of those, all right...

+Quote Post
Aku
post Jul 18 2011, 09:55 PM
Post #24

QUOTE (HunterHerne @ Jul 18 2011, 02:36 PM) *
Possibly a nitpick, but in some places, there are other types of what is generally the same license. Gun Owners license allows you to own firearms, but not necessarily ammunition. Then there is a Firearm carrier license, which allows you to actually have the gun with you, and generally only applies to sidearms (Holdouts and pistols). For Longarms, a hunting License will generally suffice, as long as you are in a rural area. Otherwise, it would fall under the other categories.

And a seperate license for ammunition, of course.

Don't forget the license to own a clip or mag, as well as the license to LOAD said clip or mag (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) just to add some bureaucratic-ness

+Quote Post
Brainpiercing7.6...
post Jul 18 2011, 10:24 PM
Post #25

Moving Target

Member No.: 19,052

And seriously you need those licenses for EVERY place you go to. This could well get complicated.

However... got caugtht on one territory? Run over into the next. Now other law enforcement has to worry about you, and they likely as not don't like each other...

I think this is a key concept of making the world of Shadowrun work. You have to balkanize law enforcement, too.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:06 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.