> Stupid question time-Nonconductivity ?, Pondering the Pondering
Warlordtheft
post Jul 18 2011, 06:01 PM
Post #1

Neophyte Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,360

Another topic raised another question when I thought about it (SNS):

Simple question, does wearing multiple layers of non conductive armor stack. Say you're wearing Formfit, the shinguards, the forearm guards, and an armor jacket. All with nonconductivity of rating 6 on each.

Would that stack if the armors non conductivity stack to give you 24 extra dice to resist electrical damage?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tymeaus Jalynsfe...
post Jul 18 2011, 06:09 PM
Post #2

Prime Runner Ascendant

Member No.: 17,022

QUOTE (Warlordtheft @ Jul 18 2011, 11:01 AM) *
Another topic raised another question when I thought about it (SNS):

Simple question, does wearing multiple layers of non conductive armor stack. Say you're wearing Formfit, the shinguards, the forearm guards, and an armor jacket. All with nonconductivity of rating 6 on each.

Would that stack if the armors non conductivity stack to give you 24 extra dice to resist electrical damage?

Well, by the rules, PPP Shinguards and Forearm guards modify the rating of the armor they are worn with, so you cannot use the rules to add Nonconductive to them individually. As for the FFBA and the Armored Jacket, they can both be augmented with Nonconductivity. I might allow them to stack. I'm not sure. Normally you take the best rating, but since FFBA and Armor Jacket can stack, the theory is that you could add them ratings of Nonconductivity together.

*Shrug*

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Jul 18 2011, 06:10 PM
Post #3

Immortal Elf

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 14,465

Just thinking of something... Kinky Rubber Catsuit? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Jul 18 2011, 06:13 PM
Post #4

The ShadowComedian

Member No.: 13,525

QUOTE (CanRay @ Jul 18 2011, 08:10 PM) *
Just thinking of something... Kinky Rubber Catsuit? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

nothing kinky about that, as long as it's not bubba in there . . then it's straight into disturbing . .

+Quote Post
Mäx
post Jul 18 2011, 06:20 PM
Post #5

Prime Runner

Member No.: 15,628

QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Jul 18 2011, 09:09 PM) *
Well, by the rules, PPP Shinguards and Forearm guards modify the rating of the armor they are worn with, so you cannot use the rules to add Nonconductive to them individually. As for the FFBA and the Armored Jacket, they can both be augmented with Nonconductivity. I might allow them to stack. I'm not sure. Normally you take the best rating, but since FFBA and Armor Jacket can stack, the theory is that you could add them ratings of Nonconductivity together.

I would personally say that you can stack the non-conductivity(or any of the other mods) from different armors, up to the normal max rating of 6.

+Quote Post
Tymeaus Jalynsfe...
post Jul 18 2011, 06:25 PM
Post #6

Prime Runner Ascendant

Member No.: 17,022

QUOTE (Mäx @ Jul 18 2011, 11:20 AM) *
I would personally say that you can stack the non-conductivity(or any of the other mods) from different armors, up to the normal max rating of 6.

Which also works... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Hida Tsuzua
post Jul 18 2011, 06:33 PM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 1,353

Technically, they do. The closest the rules say about it is under shields where they say the highest of modifications to shield or armor applies. Sadly rather than being a general rule that I bet the writers intended, it's written as a specific rule (a common shadowrun issue). In practice, I think most GMs wouldn't allow it or limit it in some way (like Max's way).

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Jul 18 2011, 06:44 PM
Post #8

The ShadowComedian

wait, if only the highest modification counts, then what happens if the modifications are equal?

+Quote Post
Hida Tsuzua
post Jul 18 2011, 06:53 PM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 1,353

QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jul 18 2011, 07:44 PM) *
wait, if only the highest modification counts, then what happens if the modifications are equal?

Awfully pedantic of you. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif) Alright I misquoted. It's the wearer's choice. Which will be the highest value or whatever value they both share 99% of the time.

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Jul 18 2011, 06:54 PM
Post #10

The ShadowComedian

QUOTE (Hida Tsuzua @ Jul 18 2011, 08:53 PM) *
Awfully pedantic of you. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif) Alright I misquoted. It's the wearer's choice. Which will be the highest value or whatever value they both share 99% of the time.

pedantic is what we do ^^

+Quote Post
Miri
post Jul 18 2011, 06:59 PM
Post #11

Moving Target

Member No.: 32,769

Wear your suit, modify your shoes to have conductive plates in the sole. Modify the suit so that the conductive 'fibers' all tie into those plates in your shoes.. someone shoots you with SnS rounds and both feet on the ground.. the electricity gets grounded out into the ground below you. There are apparently room temp superconductors so it wouldn't be a matter of too much voltage/amperage for the fibers to handle.. just dependent on what kind of surface you are standing on and can it ground out all the electricity.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 12:20 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.