IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Increased Attribute Spell, Exceeding the augmented max?
The Collector
post Jul 20 2011, 02:53 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 32,130

I apologize if there is already a post about this, but I was very curious. The description of the spell says that the force must equal or exceed the attribute being affected. So if this spell's effects are subject to augmented maximums, then you can only use this spell if your attribute is 4 or lower, because since the force must equal the attribute, 4+4 is 8, which is below. But 5+5 is 10, too high. Thoughts?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Draco18s
post Jul 20 2011, 02:55 AM
Post #2

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 16,392

The spell makes no sense as written.
Move on.

+Quote Post
The Collector
post Jul 20 2011, 02:59 AM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 32,130

I was hoping you or anyone had ideas about possible house-rules or other interpretations. I'm going for team buff.

+Quote Post
Tymeaus Jalynsfe...
post Jul 20 2011, 03:14 AM
Post #4

Prime Runner Ascendant

Member No.: 17,022

QUOTE (The Collector @ Jul 19 2011, 08:53 PM) *
I apologize if there is already a post about this, but I was very curious. The description of the spell says that the force must equal or exceed the attribute being affected. So if this spell's effects are subject to augmented maximums, then you can only use this spell if your attribute is 4 or lower, because since the force must equal the attribute, 4+4 is 8, which is below. But 5+5 is 10, too high. Thoughts?

If you have an Attribute of 4, the Force of the Spell must be at least 4. If you have an Attribute of 7, the Force of the Spell must be at least 7. The Maximum Augmented Attribute is still the same (9 for Humans, regardless of hits attained on the Spell). (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Mäx
post Jul 20 2011, 03:25 AM
Post #5

Prime Runner

Member No.: 15,628

QUOTE (The Collector @ Jul 20 2011, 05:53 AM) *

Whut?
The force of the spell must equal the attribute you want to boost, so if you have attribute 4 the force must be atleast 4 and if the attribute is 6 the force must be atleast 6, if your a vanilla human then in both cases the spell can raise the attribute up to the augmented max of 9 if you get enought hits(in the case of attribute 4, the spell must be cast at force 5 as you neet 5 hits to reach the max and the force limits the number of the hits)

+Quote Post
ggodo
post Jul 20 2011, 03:46 AM
Post #6

Moving Target

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 21,972

My question is on a similar subject, but for adepts. Attribute Boost Body, does its boost aid against the drain?

+Quote Post
Fikealox
post Jul 20 2011, 04:16 AM
Post #7

Target

Member No.: 19,064

I'd say no, because the drain is resisted 'when the boost runs out' (which suggests, although not unambiguously, that it is after the boost runs out).

+Quote Post
ggodo
post Jul 20 2011, 05:13 AM
Post #8

Moving Target

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 21,972

That's kinda what I thought, but I really wasn't sure.

+Quote Post
Fringe
post Jul 20 2011, 04:24 PM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,170

QUOTE (The Collector @ Jul 19 2011, 09:53 PM) *

Augmented max for human is 9 (others metatypes vary). Yes, you have to cast at a force >= current attribute, and you're capped at (force) hits. But you can still benefit from the IA (Willpower) if your Willpower is 7...you're just more limited in what you get out of it for the effort you're spending. (As a human, you could only benefit from 2 hits worth of effect.)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:19 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.